The review team is a duo of 2 brothers working on Deviant Art and Youtube. One is a living suit of armor (Sir Cinemacus) and the other is an immortal teen (Z-Squared). One reviews science fiction, horror, and fantasy films of all kinds and the other just reviews whatever he considers trash.But the real reason it's considered a team is mostly on the knight's part. He has organized quite possibly the largest and most over the top X Meets Y scenario ever! Characters that include Godzilla and guys from MLP are present, and their story is told through a series of Fanfics on Masterof Nintendo's profile on Deviant Art. As time goes on, who knows what hijinks might ensue.
As of 2016, the videos have slowed to a crawl with little chance of returning (aside from various YT Ps and skit videos), thus the whole thing is dedicated to the fanfic series now. Soundtracks and credits videos are also made in conjunction with them. Also, the series has gone on hiatus...kind of. The art and even stories are getting a massive overhaul and reception has been quite positive in regards to that. Other things aside from the series (such as shows like Steven Universe and such)have been focused on during so.
Several "Arcs" have come of this. They are currently getting their own trope pages as the artwork is going through a massive redoing. Among them are:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The teleporter technology is a bit faulty. One person 'per teleport only!
- But hey, at least they got to fixing it...oh wait, it got worse.
- All There in the Manual: The bios of the characters for starters. Especially for pre-determined characters.
- Artifact Title: The team fully admits this! This series has become less about reviewing films (since the video series was canned), and more about the adventures our heroes and beyond have around the multiverse and such.
- Autobots, Rock Out!: A usual element, especially in arcs. Especially the songs with lyrics.
- Benched Hero: Happens usually, especially if the teleporter and/or Sir's idiocy is involved.
- Though, nowadays, it's usually due to the sliding scale of the threat. Or the latter.
- But Thou Must!: Thanks to some kind of magic contract, NONE of the members are allowed to leave unless permitted.
- They've gotten used to it, though. They joke about often, as well.
- Captive Audience: Lets just say the 10 members Sir picked didn't ask to be here. This is averted for some characters. Others...
- Crossover: The whole series could be summed up like this.
- Gorn: During Bieber Fever. I mean, GOD! Was it really necessary to have all those heads explode!?
- And that's only the start. Overtime, the battles have led to grievous body harm to both heroes and villains. Mostly villains.
- Cutaway Gag: It's nigh impossible to list all of this trope here for the videos. It's basically most of the comedy. To elaborate, this is a give-in for the videos. It happens less often in the fanfics.
- Defied Trope: Z-Squared doesn't exactly appreciate the Strangled by the Red String trope, as shown when he sees a wave get Marceline wet:Z-Squared:'NO! NO NO NO NO, and NO! WE ARE NOT GOING THAT DIRECTION!!! I know she's hot and all, but come on, bad clopfiction has more thought put into it than this! Who wrote that paragraph, Stephenie Meyer?!'
- Early Installment Weirdness: In the first two tales, there were P.O.V elements that were soon scrapped. Also, there was no original artwork.
- Friendship Moment: Guaranteed to happen at points. Especially in the arcs or filler.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Occasionally, this happens.
- Mind Screw: The teleportation sequence in episode 4. In it, Sir and Z-Squared end up taking with them the following: Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants, Meta Ridley (who's in The Amazing World of Gumball no less!), and Yvietal from Pokémon. Yes, all of that actually happened.
- Another one like this occurs in 'Gone Travelin'.
- Can we say the series, when it gets quite fantastical, and leave it at that?
- The Multiverse: Apparently, our Earth is the foundation for the fictional multiverse, as it is referred to as CORE Universe (capitals always added to that part for some reason).
- No Fourth Wall
- Out-Gambitted: EVERYONE THAT JOINED. Except for Z-Squared but then again, he's not 'really' part of the team.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: According to Fluttershys bio, her relationship with Basil is this to the other members.
- Solemn Ending Theme: No, not the videos, but for the fics, Night Falls from Tekken Tag Tournament 2 plays. Just give it a listen.
- Space Base: The Review Team Headquaters.
- Stock Footage: Up the wazoo for the vids.
- Sugar Apocalypse: In a fit of rage, Z-Squared unleashes several monsters to destroy Bikini Bottom. Squidward (and possibly Sandy and Plankton) survive but the rest, including SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs, DON'T. For a while, at least.
- Really, anytime a child-friendly world is invaded by something really destructive and powerful.
- Take That!: Averted. Despite the fact that Bieber Fever potrays a Belieber Clan and a Justin Bieber creature as antagonists, the warning at the beginning attempts to say that the creators didn't intend for any hard feelings.
Meta Ridley:"WE'LL KILL YOU ALL! WE'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH!"
- During the Mind Screw that is the teleportation sequence in episode 4, Sir, Z-Squared, the Disciples, Squidward, and Meta-Ridley end up in the land of The Problem Solverz. Needless to say, the bright colors nearly burn their eyes.
- During the same episode, Sir Cinemacus ask Meta Ridley if he has any conventional weaponary to kill the Disciples of Satan. Specifically, how to "Kill them to death". Meta-Ridley laughs at the ridiculousness of that line much to a confused Sir. Later, though, Meta-Ridley just says it anyway to the Disciples.
- Done too many times to count in the video and fanfic series. Targets include modern Nickelodeon and Stephenie Myer's Twilight. Though, this has been subject to change as the times go on.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Charlie the unicorn delivers a scathing one to Pink and Blue when they go way to far with their actions. This fic, however, is incredibly implied to be no longer canon.Z-Squared: "Okay...Zachary Rich, if that is your real name, which I bet it isn't, it is pretty clear now that what was important to you was not what the fans thought made the show a big hit, it was about what you thought made it a big hit. You got a lot of hard working animators and voice actors, you got a whole university to help you, you got our donations because we were so KIND to allow you to do this because apparently you were doing something for a good cause, and apparently that meant...you could do anything you wanted. You could...blow things out of proportion, you could lie, you could use that money for everything we did not want, you could...in basic summary...give a rats ass as to EVERYTHING THAT MADE THE SHOW GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! And why?! Because "this is a fan episode, you can do whatever you want". NO! YOU said this would be, show-accurate...pfft...show accurate my FOOT. I'm sorry, but all the blood, sweat, and tears put into this were not worth it! For god sake, I feel bad for all the animators and voice actors involved! They are clearly trying to do their jobs! But NONE OF THAT will make up for how much you FLANDARIZED the characters as much as humanly possible, how you destroyed and obliderated our childhoods, how much you...PANDERED to us and made us all look like IDIOTS, and it will never, EVER make up, for how you LIED TO US! Oh, and you think my voice is acting up right now? Well it better! It pretty much shows perfectly how I've been holding back this anger for long enough! And now, I have the chance to put you in your place, ZACH! Sigh, just sharing your name makes me wanna puke. But let me elaborate on the pandering a bit. I don't think we needed that many references in one, episode! Did you at least ONE time think that was a bit overwhelming?! Well look, there is a difference between making a love letter, and having NO RESPECT FOR OUR INTELLIGENCE! But overall, I've noticed something. Let's see. Ridiculous hype, lots and lots a' lies, an almost non-existent and laughable story, flandarized characters, lots of references that don't need to be there in the first place, what does this remind me o-oh, I know. Zachary Rich, you have not. Made. A My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode. No. You have made a monstrous combination of a A SELTZERBERG MOVIE, AND A MODERN, SPONGEBOB SPECIAL! I! HOPE! YOU'RE! PROUD!!!!!!!!!!
- Sometimes, these are dished out in the series, usually with ill consequences.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: The artist is clearly trying to mix different art styles together, including one of this own. For the most part, it's satisfactory.
- Stylistic Suck: "The Legacy of the Sea Cow" has this in spades.
- Thinking Up Portals: A major element, as this is how the team is able to travel.
- And, as of War is Magic, random portals are appearing everywhere, causing things for better or worse!