''The Out Crowd is an RPG video series set in the small California town of Springfield during The '80s where a group of twentysomethings get involved with the supernatural. Featured on Hyper RPG and hosted by That Bronze Girl. The last episode aired on May 7th, 2017
The Main Characters:
Roxy: A former cheerleader turned aerobics instructor who has returned home recently after an affair with one of her professors went wrong
Ashley "Ash" Blair: A Goth and, it later turns out a witch
Zeke: A hustler who is an agent of an organization called The Shadow Council
Professor Mindy Benton: A teacher at the local college and mad scientist from another dimension.
Reggie: A stoner who works at the local comics shop who is the inheritor of a curse that causes him to become a giant devilish creature whenever he's upset or angry
Tropes featured in the show include:
- Agent Mulder: Zigzagged with Alex because they soon find out that her theories are real but in ways different from how she thought.
- Alien Among Us: Mindy Benton who is hereto observe as part of her thesis. Has a device that makes her look human.
- Amoral Attorney: Janae, their advocate before the Shadow Court, more concerned with keeping her spotless win record in place than with the group although she does bond somewhat with Mindy.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Alex, with a vengeance.
- Audience Participation: As with all Hyper RPG shows the viewers can give both GM and players bonuses and retools by contributing donations.
- Badass Normal: Roxy until she becomes a Dhampir who seems to have turned aerobics into a martial art. Alex also qualifies and is perhaps even more badass than her older sister.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy: Mindy mentions that like herself David Bowie is a traveler from another dimension
- Berserk Button: Don't insult Zeke's mix tapes.
- Bi the Way: Mindy finds both men and women "pleasingly symmetrical".
- The Casanova: Zeke who hits on every attractive woman he meets except, oddly, Ash and Roxy
- Zeke: "White people", usually while shaking his head.
- "This is my life now", which is odd because, as an agent of the Shadow Council his life was already strange and dangerous.
- Mindy: I am not a witch! I am a scientist!
- Zeke: "White people", usually while shaking his head.
- The Cheerleader: Roxy was a cheerleader but avoids the stereotypes, being both nice and of at least average intelligence. She did have an affair with one of her professors but it's unknown if this was a pattern or not. It's implied that she was serious about it.
- The Chessmaster: Victor Pence.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Jimmy
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Ash's mother, Mrs Blair who seems like a frighteningly stereotypical housewife, complete with a Fargoesque accent but is actually a powerful witch
- Cursed with Awesome: Reggie who turns into a giant lizard-devil when his adrenaline pumps up
- Dhampir: Raven. Also Roxy after being bitten by a Nosferatu vampire
- The '80s: Set in 1986 and chock full of pop allusions from the decade
- For Science!: Mindy's raison d'etre
- Goth: Ashley aka Ash. All black wardrobe? Check. Egyptian style eye makeup? Check, self proclaimed witch? Check Although this turns out to be true.
- G-Rated Drug: Jimmy snorts garlic powder, Tang and powdered Kool-Aid, sometimes all together. Also Yoo-Hoo for Mindy.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Alex who in her first appearance relentlessly harasses Ash, later kidnaps her, stabs one of Rick's crew for his blood and steals a Vespa.
- High School Hustler: Zeke is a college version of this.
- Humanoid Alien: Mindy's real form. She's purple, has antennae and a vestigial tail.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Roxy who only gets involved because of Alex's kidnapping.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Ashley wo drams of having magic powers which it turns out she does and Alex who creates the Midnight Society in order to investigate weird things.
- Insistent Terminology: Mindy is a scientist, not a witch.
- Looks Like Orlok: The creatures in the aquarium warehouse.
- Mad Scientist: Professor Mindy Benton with a particular focus on chemistry.
- A Man Of Wealth And Taste: Mr. Victor Pence
- The Masquerade: Enforced by the Shadow Council
- My Beloved Smother: Ash's mom
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Victor Pence is a thinly veiled version of Vincent Price. Except he really is a vampire.
- No Indoor Voice: Alex's normal conversational tone is a hysterical shout.
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: The Shadow Council
- Only Sane Man: Zeke, most of the time.
- Our Vampires Are Different: There are apparently several different types of vampire. So far we've met three: Ricks biker gang vampires who are right out of ''The Lost Boys, Victor Pence's more sophisticated group and the Nosferatu types in the aquarium.
- Phrase Catcher: Mindy: "She's a powerful witch", usually but not exclusively from Ash
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits: The main characters
- Secret Legacy: Ash plays at being a witch and then finds out that not only does she have powers, so does her mother and so did her grandmother.
- Reggies demon form is the result of a curse put on his grandfather
- Shadow Walker: Zeke. He can teleport through shadows and, with enough donations, walk through walls
- Stepford Smiler: Ash's mother, Mrs Blair who is in serious denial about her witchly past and even more upset about her daughters emerging powers
- The Stoner: Reggie who always has a joint handy. It's also useful for calming him down from his monster state
- Vegetarian Vampire: Victor Pence
- Weird Science: Mindy and since her specialty is chemistry she blends this trope with, despite her insistence that it's science, Alchemy Is Magic. She turned Alex into a firkin' dragon for pity sake!