The Omega is an online reviewer of movies, games, and books who has a fictional persona with that name.
While a part of Channel Awesome, The Omega hosted the Video Review Show The Omega: Iteration 0: Sic Transit Mundus and short opinion pieces called This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things. The latter followed his move to RT Gomer Productions, where he also hosts Omega Reviews and Omega's Specials. He has been a member of two podcasts: Lesbian Talk, with Real Life wife Diamanda Hagan, and Thespian Talk, with Holly Christine (former webmistress of That Guy with the Glasses), The Cat (one of the hosts of Nerd to the Third Power, also on TGWTG), and Gomer the Ranting Thespian (of RT Gomer Productions). His show What Went Right? looks at the golden moments of 1980s children's TV programming.
Note that as a trans man who came out quite some time after he started making videos, some of the links or the pronouns therein may be out of date. As of 2021, he has a Ph.D. in psychology.
The Omega's videos provide examples of:
- All There in the Manual: He has a manual in his room which details his reviewing process.
- He has three crossovers with Diamanda Hagan, the first of them being a review of Taint, the second of Butch Jamie, the third of The Troll Hunter. The last one also crossed-over with Derek the Bard.
- He reviews Almighty Thor with Mikey Insanity.
- He's had two crossovers with Mr. Mendo.
- And then there was the time he joined up with Hagan and The Isle of Rangoon puppets to riff on a short film about chemical warfare.
- The Artifact: One of his podcasts is still called "Lesbian Talk" even though that label can't accurately describe either host.
- Catchphrase: "Hush it, lobster."
- The Faceless: In videos, he wears a black mask concealing his face, which happens to look similar to the masks his wife Diamanda Hagan's minions wear. His former website claimed he has no face. Omega finally got comfortable with showing his face on Twitter after coming out as trans.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The Omega (persona) was a captive held in a room with no recollection of his abduction.
- Non-Human Sidekick: The talking lobster Giovanni Jones is The Omega's pet.
- Ontological Mystery: The Omega (persona) only has vague memories of his past. He has no idea how he got where he is.
- Pretentious Latin Motto: Sic Transit Mundus in his show title, which can be translated as "Thus passes the world". It is probably a play on the famous quote "Sic transit gloria mundi", meaning "Thus passes the glory of the world".
- Shared Universe: His cameos and crossovers, and his inclusion onto Channel Awesome, made him part of the Reviewaverse.
- Speech Impediment: Giovanni the talking lobster has a lisp.
- World of Weirdness: In the Reviewaverse, The Omega lives in a country run by an immortal super villain and has a talking lobster for a sidekick. This universe gets weird.