The Holy Cabbage (also known as PlantFaceMan) is a Dramatic Reading duo consisting of Chris (runner of the channel and the higher-pitched voice, usually the narrator) and George (the lower-pitched voice, usually the characters). They started out in 2008 making YouTube Poop, before going on a hiatus and returning 2011 later to gift us with My Immortal. Since then, theyve become well-known for their snark, wit, and trying in vain to understand what the hell is going on.
Works They Have Read Include:
- My Immortal
- Everything by Peter Chimaera
- Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami
- Half-Life: Full Life Consequences
- Chapter 20 of Fifty Shades of Grey
- legolas by laura
- The Eye of Argon
Theyve Also Provided Us With The Following Tropes:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: In-Universe. Their second-ever video is Little Waynes Throw Some Ds with pictures of different dictators for each singer, making it look like Hitler wants Ds on his report card.
- Angrish: Chris is rendered completely insane by the endings of Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami.
- Better Than Canon: In-Universe. They both agree that Light And Dark The Adventures Of Dark Yagami is better than the actual Death Note canon.
- Blatant Lies: Everything they read is described as a literary work of transcendent genius
- Corpsing: Frequently. They have no problem making it apparent when the find something hilarious (unintentional or otherwise) in the stories they read, and often break out into fits of laughter as a result. Some of their crowning examples are in Dark Yagami, when the author made the 'satan bus' comparison and their reaction to how the "end of the world dance" is proformed.
- Did Not Do the Bloody Research: Averted. Being British, they know exactly what theyre saying, but they love pointing out how little sense the British in Light and Dark makes.
- Deadpan Snarker: George, mostly, but Chris has his moments.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The aforementioned YouTube Poop
- Large Ham: Chris
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: They love pointing them out. One of their favorites is lesbeaning
- Precision F-Strike: Outside of the narrative, the third Epilog of Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami gives us What the actual fucking shit!?
- Purple Prose: The over abuse of this in The Eye of Argon has them in stitches before the first chapter ends, and it only gets more insane from there.
- Running Gag: Most videos have the description Two [adjective] Englishmen read [Author]s literary work of transcendent genius [title of fanfic]
- They also tend to reference things theyve previously read when they come across a similar passage in what theyre reading currently.
- Whenever fic!Watari says something, they respond with British words
- Whenever a twist happens, they say Twist! Twist! like an alarm.
- Due to the existence of the new-name dance in Light and Dark, whenever a characters name is spelled wrong, they sing a little doodoo-doodoo, doo-doo! doodoo-doodoo, doo-doo!
- Said Bookism: The absence of this in legolas by laura leaves them (and the listeners) in hysterics.
- The Quiet One: George doesnt say as much as Chris, but pops up every now and again for some snarking.
- Waxing Lyrical: Whenever these pop up in My Immortal, George sings them hilariously off-key.