The Gay and Wondrous Life of Caleb Gallo is a comedy web series that follows a group of young friends in Los Angeles desperate for love and thrills. Can be watched here. Following the life of an aspiring acting teacher and his actor friends, this 5-part series delves into the complexities of self-discovery, diversity, and emotions that accompany relationships.
Contains examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Freckle, and it's always Played for Laughs: they admit to being drunk even when they're on six beta blockers.Freckle: I'm always prepared! Unless, of course, "prepared" means "sober". In which case, I'm rarely prepared.
- Bi the Way:
- Len for the first episode, and only for the first episode
- Eventually, Billy in Episode 3, on.
- Citizenship Marriage: In episode 5, Caleb and Benicio get married to ensure Benicio doesn't get deported.
- Experimented in College: Played with. Lenjamin's attempt to go bi only lasts one episode.
- Fiery Redhead: Karen has shades of this.
- Large Ham: Many of the characters such as Freckle and Tatiana at times, but special mention must go to Len bursting into his monologue at the dance party.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Caleb and Benicio start this way.
- Love Triangle: Verging on a Love Dodecahedron. Caleb likes Billy and Benicio. Benicio likes Caleb. Billy likes Caleb and Karen. Karen likes Billy. Len likes Karen. Freckle likes Len.
- Lambshaded in the final episode, in which Len is able to disperse the relationship drama by insisting that the one thing that keeps them all together is their love for each other, before getting them all to hug it out.
- Triang Relations: A Type 8 is going on with Caleb's college advisers and their lover - this is described as a "lesbian-centric, semi-non-sexual throuple".
- Your Cheating Heart: In episode 1, Benicio requests to Caleb that he be monogamous and not hook up with anyone else, something that Caleb evidently finds difficult; while they're eventually able to discuss it and open their relationship, Caleb has already cheated on Benicio with Billy by then, something that Benicio only finds out during their wedding.