The Blind Gamers' Association is a Commentary Group on YouTube, comprised mostly of members who have some sort of visual impairment (hence the name). In fact, most of them graduated from or attend the Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Founded in February 2012 by St. Noof, Zero and Vexus Dylan (creator of DSBT InsaniT), The Blind Gamers' Association (known hereafter as the BGA) began doing commentaries based on Zero's suggestion that a commentary be done of Sonic Adventure. The still-incomplete commentary can be watched here. Before any of the commentaries were started, the three founding members were joined by Koukin, who would go on to become the fourth regular commentator in the group. A few others have appeared as guests, including TheTrainTicket, Steven, and MegaGWolf.
After the initial game suggestion, it was decided that games should not be the limit of the BGA's repertoire, leading to a few movie commentaries (which can be viewed here) and several failed attempts at TV show and anime commentaries. One such attempt was the cause of the BGA's first channel being rendered useless by a copyright strike, leading to a much more cautious approach to non-gaming videos.
Since the birth of the new channel, the BGA took a more game-heavy approach, leading to the completion of two games: MegaMan Legends and Aladdin for the Sega Genesis. Other miscellaneous commentaries have also been recorded, such as Don't Shoot the Puppy and Sally Cruikshank's Face Like a Frog.
The BGA now commentates on two games at a time, usually recorded by Koukin and St. Noof. Videos are uploaded Monday through Thursday, when there are actually videos to post. Special videos, like news articles, random discussions, highlights from between-video recording sessions, and movie commentaries are usually uploaded on Fridays.
The games currently in progress are:
The games and movies that have been completed are:
- Turner & Hooch
- Origin: Spirits of the Past
- The Brave Little Toaster
- Mega Man Legends
- Aladdin (Virgin Games)
- Films of 2012 overview.
The games that are on hiatus or otherwise not in progress are:
The Blind Gamers' Association shows examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Every show commentary attempted has failed for various reasons.
- Ascended Extra: Koukin, who was originally only going to help record footage, became a regular commentator.
- Bait-and-Switch:Kite: (at the end of .hack//Infection Part 2) What the hell?Noof, Zero, and Dylan: various shocked reactionsKoukin: Ah, the old Bait-and-Switch...
- Bowdlerization: Completely and utterly annihilated by Koukin, who will often scold a commentator for cursing right before saying something completely lecherous.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Steven...
- Especially in the Turner & Hooch commentary.
- Chew Toy: St. Noof tends to take a lot of flak for his gameplay and editing.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dylan and Koukin do this a lot.
- Pungeon Master: G becomes this during the Sonic Adventure commentary.
- Put on a Bus: The Wolf's Rain commentary, as well as Sonic Adventure, due to Steven being in school and G having his own busy schedule.
- Running Gag: Since Mega Man Legends, any pause in gameplay or unedited pause break is assumed to be caused by the player answering a text message.
- Schedule Slip: Due to the commentators having lives (and sometimes, general laziness), the haphazard upload schedule tends to be only a guideline.
- Given that the BGA didn't even HAVE a regular upload schedule until after their first year, a jerky schedule seems like small potatoes.
- There's also the fact that some commentary sessions are postponed or outright cancelled due to internet failure and personal affairs.
- Shameless Self-Promoter: Played for Laughs on occasion, but played straight with Koukin during Mega Man Legends.
- Tsundere: Zero is definitely Type A.