"You either die a gamer, or live long enough to see yourself become a furry."
— Harvey Dent
The Ballad Of The N-Word is a piece of media that is not easily described with words. Created by Liam Bilsky, this cinematic amalgamation of The Dark Knight and absurd yet appealing memes of bad quality is a form of an ironic love letter to the short-lived, but memorable era of the Gang Weed culture. The Ballad of The N-Word is centered around the antics of the nefarious gamer and anarchist known as The Pranker, as Batman tries to stop him from destroying Gotham by uttering the N-Word.
I used to think my life was a YouTube video, but now I realise it's a TV Tropes page...
- Dramatic Unmask: "I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... cringier."
- Political Overcorrectness: The mere prospect of the N-Word being spoken out loud terrifies the entire population of Gotham. When Rachel finally says it, it results in a huge explosion.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: The Pranker is notorious for his evil and terrifying N-Word powers.The Pranker: I'm going to make this minority disappear.
- Product Placement: "This is just a dank-tastic reminder that this movie is sponsored by Monster Energy."Lucius Fox: "I think I speak for all of us when I say let's get a round of some Mountain Dew Ice!"Gordon: "He's drinking Monster."
- Sensory Abuse: The visuals are done in a heavy distorted and low quality fashion and audio is humongously loud and ear-splitting.
- Los Santos Police Department is mentioned several times.
- "Let's put you on Reddit."
- "They will find us and jumpscare us with Golden Freddy and put us in the Freddy Fazbear suit. I bet you they like Call of Duty: Ghosts"
- "If you don't like your Audible subscription, we'll gladly refund it, assuming Batman hasn't hacked your bitcoin.
- "You can stop suicide and we must get Shrek 2 back on the shelves. That's the only way we can solve suicide."
- "This two-bit noob, still wears default skin. He's never seen Garfield."
- For some reason, the video frequently uses loudly distorted clips of Brody Foxx and the Muffin Song, interrupting dialogue scenes whenever placed in.
- Stylistic Suck: The maximum resolution of this video is 360p, and the audio is recorded in the most shoddy and cheap way possible, in order to further its gamer aesthetic.
- Take That!
Gordon: That's some unfunny shit.Dent: Jesus Gordon, you're a noob.Gordon: Says the guy who likes the Minions movie.
- The movie makes its opinion on the Minions movie fanbase crystal clear.
"You know, you remind me of President Bush. I hated President Bush!"
- The Pranker's dialogue reveals some of his political biases.
"Why so cringy?"