TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life is a series composed of five episodes that follows a TV Tropes addict and the dynamics within his Five-Man Band. It can be viewed here.
This series provides examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: Joy.
- Deadpan Snarker: Chris tries to be one, but he acts like more of a Jerkass.
- Dumb Muscle: Chris considers Dash to be one.
- Five-Man Band
- Fourth-Wall Observer: James.
- Gentle Giant: Dash.
- Gilligan Cut: Mentioned in Episode 2, but never used.
- Happily Ever After: James insists that the status quo will affect this trope.
- Jerkass: Chris.
- Mr. Exposition: Eric.
- Precision F-Strike: In Joys What the Hell, Hero? speech.
- Putting the Band Back Together: Eric and Dash reunite the Five-Man Band in order to rescue James.
- Reset Button
- Status Quo Is God: Or so James thinks.
- Take That!: To Twilight.
- This Is Reality
Joy: Dash, this is just some stupid thing that they do on TV. Its not how the real world works.
- In Episode 4, Chris mentions the trope by name.
Chris: What are you talking about? James, this isnt funny. Were not talking about one of your stupid TV Tropes. This is reality.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: In-Universe. Episode 3.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Joy eventually calls Chris out for mocking Dash one time too many.
- Will They or Won't They?: Chris and Joy.