Stuart Hardy is a internet reviewer on YouTube who is best known for talking about Doctor Who. He originally joined around 2011, though didn't start making videos until almost a year after, when he started "Out of Context", where he just makes silly reviews of himself exaggerating. He eventually became noticeable on September 11th, when he started a new series of reviews called "He Who Moans", where he honestly talks about Doctor Who related stuff (ie, current episodes of the show, past episodes, Big Finish, etc.)
Aside from reviewing Doctor Who, he also talks about other shows and films, in particular Sherlock and Black Mirror. He also recommends shows that he thinks need more attention. His main goal is to start writing.
His page is listed here.
Note from Stu: Correction: I started He Who Moans on the 3rd of September - the review I started with got hit by copyright. I would quibble with the noticable thing too as I didn't actually start getting a decent amount of hits until Five Who Fans plugged me a couple of times and let me leech off their sub base :p (around Autumn 2014)
- Abandoned Catchphrase: He originally says his opening catchphrase at the beginning of his videos when he first started, but he dropped it sometime between 2015/2016.
- Action Girl: One of the reasons why he cites Ace as his favorite classic companion.
- Animate Inanimate Object: The plush doll of the Living Flesh Super Computer
- Author Appeal: For horror and man's relation with technology. Most of his non-review videos centre around these topics or combine them.
- Berserk Button:
- His reaction in Sherlock Special The Abominable Bride, where he discovers that the whole thing was just a dream.
- Then later when he discovered what happened to Clara in Hell Bent.
- Christmas Episode: Aside from his annual Doctor Who Christmas special reviews, Stuart also does "Stubagful's Blunt Guide to British Christmas", where he discuses about what is popping up on British television.
- Cool Bike: His "Rebirth" video shows him riding a bike.
- Creator Thumbprint: By his own admission, he enjoys darker fiction such as Big Finish Doctor Who, Heaven Sent or Black Mirror and works elements like these into his own fiction.
- He also has a fascination between man and it's relationship with machines and writes scifi stories to explore this connection
- Epileptic Trees: Parodied at the end of He Who Moans videos in a segment titled "Prediction Corner". Quite often a source of Funny Moments.
- Living Toys: He (claims to) own a plush doll on the Living Flesh Super Computer who talks back.
- Metaphorgotten: At the end of his Oxygen review he muses to himself how scifi puts things into perspective and we should appreciate how the best in things in life are free. He then immediately reminds the viewer that his bike was "like 200 quid" and he had to pay for his clothes.
- Periphery Demographic: Discussed during the Heaven Sent review and in an editorial titled "Who is Doctor Who for?"
- Retool: Sometime after his reviews of Series 10, Stuart got himself a haircut (which he showed during the Series 10 reviews, but didn't implemented onto his avatar until 2018) and stopped using intros for the "He Who Moans" reviews
- Talking to Himself: Whenever the MS-Paint Stuart (who is treated as a separate person from Stu) and live-action Stuart interact.
- The Scrappy:
- His opinion on Clara Oswald, as he thought there was nothing to her character aside being a Macguffin.
- Stylistic Suck: His drawings tend to be like this, which many viewers tend to find it humorous!
- Technophobia: He mentioned a few times that he has a fear about technology taking over, yet he has a fascination about it.
- Updated Re-release: Some of his earlier reviews were updated, either because of backlash, or because the original videos were blocked due to copyrights. His Tenth and Eleventh Doctor retrospectives were due to the former, and The Witch's Familiar of the latter.
- Vocal Evolution: His voice was originally lower and softer when he first started reviewing, then gradually changed to a higher tone