Currently, Stampy has over 10 million subscribers. His main channel can be found here., and his second channel (normally used for other purposes) is found here. He has also made a special guest appearance alongside other Minecraft YouTubers, including DanTDM, CaptainSparklez, LDShadowLady, and Stacy Plays in the sixth episode of Minecraft: Story Mode. He took a hiatus due to Real Life activities, but has now made a triumphant return.
He has also collaborated with Maker Studios to make an Edutainment series called 'Wonder Quest', which you can find a page for here.
- Stampy's Lovely World
- Stampy's "Lovelier" World World Tour
- Space Den
- Relearning Minecraft
- Let's Talk
- Behind The Scenes
- A Duck & A Cat - Sqaishey Quack
- Building Time
- Minecraft PS4 - 20 Block Challenge
- Quest To Kill The Ender Dragon
- Quest To Have Fun
- Stampy Flat Challenge
- Flat's Back
- Sky Den
- Cave Den
- Ocean Den
- No Home Challenge
- Negative Challenge
- My Story Mode Housenote
- A New Beginning
- Arthur's Revenge
- Day Of Reckoning
- The Dropper
- The Final Contestant
- Finding Nemo
- The Forgotten Vale
- Harry Potter
- Herocriptic II
- The Hobbit
- The Hobbit Part 2
- The Infected Temple
- Iron Wolf
- Kryptic Kingdom
- Lab 115
- The Legend Of The Holy Grail
- Lion King
- The Lost Sword
- Mario 64
- The Omega Colony
- Quest For The Ark Of The Covenant
- Raven City
- The Smurfs
- The Sword of Alzcar
- The Tree Of Life
- Toy Story 2
- Treasure Run
- Broken Age
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Disney Infinity
- Doki-Doki Universe
- Kings Quest (2015) Chapters 1-5
- The Last Guardian
- LEGO The Hobbit
- Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes 1-8
- Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Papo & Yo
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- Ratchet & Clank (2016)
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Skylanders: Trap Team
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- Splatoon 2 - Campaign Mode
- The Unfinished Swan
- Yo-Kai Watch
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- LEGO Worlds
- Pokémon Sun and Moon - Moon Version
- Stardew Valley
- Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
- Let's Cress
- Crazy Craft 2.2 - iBallisticSquid
- Feed The Beast - iBallisticSquid
- Islands Of Eden - iBallisticSquid
- Islands Of Eden 2 - iBallisticSquid
- Magic Animal Club Podcast - MagicAnimalClub
- Pixelmon - iBallisticSquid
- Quick Build Challenge - iBallisticSquid
- Race To The Moon - iBallisticSquid
- Stampy & Sqaishey Adventure Map - Sqaishey Quack
- Squid's Sky Island Challenge - iBallisticSquid
- Super Happy Fun Time - Sqaishey Quack
- TIME TRAVELLERS! - iBallisticSquid
- Twins - Sqaishey Quack
This YouTuber provides examples of:
- Aesop Amnesia: He pronounces the word 'cocoa' like "coqua". In Episode 2 of Quest, Squid proves to him that it's actually pronounced 'coco'. But by Episode 10, he's gone back to calling it 'coqua'.
- Affectionate Nickname:
- Is called a variety of nicknames (see only known by their nickname) and also calls Squid Squidoodly or Squidnugget.
- He calls the Minecraft mobs 'googlies', while Sqaishey calls them 'meanie beanies'.
- Animal Motif: His Minecraft skin is a cat and he pretends to be one. He also has a lot of Minecraft dogs. His favorite animal is actually a giraffe.
- Annoying Laugh: Thinks this about his own laugh, though most of his fans don't mind at all, and some think it makes him more cute.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Downplayed in Netty's video Netty on an adventure in Stampys lovely world..., where he teases Netty at times but it's clear that they ultimately care about each other.Netty: Can I be in a play (in your theatre)?
Stampy: (chuckles) What? I d- The village drunk?note
- Ascended Fan: Stampy was Sqaishey's 11th subscriber back when they started YouTube. Meanwhile, they admired his videos and created a map for him to play through. Stampy thought they were an amazing commentator, and they started to become friends and collaborate... and the rest is history.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!:Stampy: I'm sorry. I know I've been unbelievably distracted this episode.
- Berserk Button:
- When he clicks on a link before a page has finished loading, and accidentally clicks the wrong link due to the page loading further down than he expected. Discussed in his ''Let's Talk'' series.
- Don't mess with his cake. Trust me, you do not want to get him angry.
- Big Little Brother: In comparison with Netty.
- Birds of a Feather:
- He and Squid get along due to a similar sense of humour.
- With Sqaishey, the two are similarly adorkable cloudcuckoolanders. The tagline for Sqaishey's series A Duck and a Cat even outright states their chemistry — "I'm a duck, he's a cat, and together we're CRAZY!" And according to a panel at Minecon 2015, both of them share a childhood love for the show Rugrats.
- Brits Love Tea: To quote him on a Bed Wars livestream, "It's barely worth living without a good cup of tea."
- Captain Obvious:
- In the Harry Potter adventure map, Stampy cries "It's a snowy town!" when he sees Hogsmeade.
- In Quest, Stampy asks where the floating house is, and Squid informs him that it's in the sky.
- Squid also thinks that a person who likes books would like a room with lots of books in.
- Squid tells a story about how he and Stampy went out to dinner with the Yogscast, and they were all talking about ducks. Squid made a duck noise, and Stampy cried, "You made a duck noise!". This is later referenced in Quest, when Stampy starts explaining to Squid what Squid has just built, and Squid says, "You made a duck noise!".
- Cats Hate Water: Occasionally referenced, but mostly averted, as Stampy seems to have no particular dislike of water.
- Circling Birdies: Stampy references this when he looks up through a hole in the roof of a cave, and thinks that he can see the night sky, only for him to wonder if he's been shot by too many arrows and is seeing stars.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Stampy himself can come across as this with some of the random things he talks about, particularly when he talks to Squid or Sqaishey.
- Color Motif: Often builds things in orange and white, since that is the colour of his Minecraft skin, and by extension the colour of his Lovely World flag. In his other series, he often combines orange, his colour, with another guest's colour. For example, he and Squid build orange and blue things, while he and Sqaishey build orange and yellow things.
- Creator Cameo: Made an appearance in Minecraft: Story Mode As Himself, and played one of the larger roles in the episode's story alongside the other YouTubers who make an appearance. For tropes pertaining to his character in the game, see here.
- Cuteness Proximity: When given the chance, he would definitely coo over cute animals, be they Minecraft baby animals (e.g. wolves and foxes) or his real life pets.
- Dog Got Sent to a Farm: In the last episode of My Story Mode House, after Stacy's baby llama dies while trying to bring him up to the Parrot Party room, Stampy tries to tell Stacy something to the effect of this trope.(Stampy is helping Stacy by taking her baby llama up the ladder to the Parrot Party room, but it falls and dies on the floor.)
Stampy: Oh! Oh-!
Stacy: (stops talking) …Stampy.
(Stacy comes down the ladder. She didn't see the llama die but she heard it.)
Stampy: …IT RAN AWAY. IT RAN AWAY, STACY. IT RAN TO- TO THE FOREST! A-AND IT OPENED UP A BOOKSHOP. IT GOT A WIFE AND THE BOOKSHOP CAUGHT ON FIRE. BUT THEY SURVIVED—
Stampy: AND IT LIVES A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE—
Stacy: (cries even harder)
Stampy: IT LIVED A LONG LIFE, STACY! IT LIVED A LONG, AND HAPPY—
Stacy: (sobbing) ..what kind of a bookshop?…
Stampy: A-A BOOKSHOP FILLED WITH FAIRYTALES! FAIRYTALES THAT—
Stacy: (still sobbing) …that sounds nice…
Stampy: AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! THE LLAMA, H-HE SENT YOU A PRESENT. BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU. A EGG!
(Stampy gives Stacy the egg, who smashes it on the ground.)
Stampy: Well, I'm never giving you a gift.
- Early-Installment Weirdness:
- The very early episodes of Lovely World are more survival-based than building-based, with some of them not even taking place in the Lovely World. For many of them, Stampy is also alone, without his usual group of Minecraft helpers. Stampy's personality comes across as being quite different too, as the series was originally aimed at older viewers.
- On Stampy's original channel, stampylongnose, he played more 'adult' games such as Halo rather than Minecraft. This trend continued for a while, with him playing some darker games alongside his Minecraft series. Eventually, Minecraft became the main focus, and Stamps' original channel was turned into a 'behind the scenes' channel.
- The Engineer: He has grown into this over the years, from building increasingly complicated redstone mechanisms in his Lovely World to giving Sqaishey redstone advice in their main series, Feather Adventures. His skill is even acknowledged in Feather Adventures and Minecraft: Story Mode, where he is referred to as a "redstone master" and "expert".Sqaishey in Feather Adventures Episode 308, Redstone Erm?:note Luckily, I am married to a redstone master, so Stampy actually helped me, uh- he went into, like, a little creative world and showed me how to do it, and I'm hoping — hoping — that I can get it right, ah- with minimal... minimal problems.
- Flat "What": In the "Enchanted Kingdom" Hunger Games, this is his reaction to Squid, his teammate, finding a stack of diamonds in a chest.Squid: (opening a chest) Whoa! I got 64 diamonds, what?
Stampy: What. 64... diamonds.
- Friend to All Living Things: Has nine dogs and one cat in his Lovely World which he often takes out with him on adventures. Subverted in series other than Lovely World, where he tends to not take as good care of his pets.
- Furry Confusion: Refers to himself as a cat due to his Minecraft skin's appearance, but has a pet cat called Mittens in his Lovely World, as well as several cats in various Dens.
- Happily Married: Since late July 2019, to Sqaishey.
- Hates Baths: Subverted. He says in Quest that he'd prefer to burn rather than drown, because drowning involves water, which makes it a bit like having a bath, and cats don't like baths. However, later on, he says that he wasn't really being serious.
- Humanity Ensues/Adaptational Species Change: From a meta perspective, in both seasons of Minecraft: Story Mode, he is portrayed as his real-life human self in a cat hoodie rather than a "giant talking cat", unlike all the other YouTubers, who resemble their Minecraft skin. This is pointed out and explained in his playthrough of Minecraft: Story Mode.Stampy: (commentating) By the way, I know that um- you might find it a bit weird 'cause I'm not, like, my normal skin, you know, I'm not... a cat right now; uh- basically, [we were] chatting with them and basically, it kind of didn't fit in to have a giant talking cat amongst all of the other characters, so basically we- we settled with... like, real-life me wearing a Stampy hoodie, so- (laughs) It's a little bit different, but it's quite cool, it kind of makes it a bit different to- to normal Stampy Cat, I guess, but- uh, yeah, it's still quite cool, so yeah! Let's speak to- to myself and Stacy!
- The Hyena: Stampy is prone to laughing at everything.
- He and Squid have a laughing fit for several minutes over a sheep jumping on a cake.
- Stampy said in the Magic Animal Club Podcast that he laughs on roller coasters. He also laughs and grins during haunted houses.
- Inexplicably Tailless: Despite being a cat, Stampy doesn't have a tail, even though most Minecraft cat skins come with a tail. This may be because his 'cat' skin is actually a limited skin based on Fidget, and though Fidget does have a long, cat-like tail, it's likely the limitations of the game at the time the skin was created prevented a tail being added. Despite all this, Stampy is sometimes referred to as having a tail, and sometimes not.
- Interspecies Romance:
- Implied in Lovely World, where his cat Mittens has had plenty of ship tease with his dog Duncan.
- His relationship with Sqaishey could also be seen as this, as they are always either a duck or a chicken in a suit in their videos.
- It Makes Sense in Context: Happens a lot in Quest and the Den series, and with the strange analogies Stampy tends to make.Stampy: In some ways, the VR version of Minecraft is like the right side of the face of a childhood friend.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Is generally a very nice person, and he and Sqaishey have a pet cat named Ori in real life as well him as being a cat in his videos.
- Leitmotif: Each series has its own distinct jingle that plays at the start of each episode.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Discussed in many of his Minecraft Hunger Games videos as a "sneaky old tactic"; Stampy often tries to invoke it when he's being chased in-game, where he runs past another competitor to try and get the two to fight each other instead of him. It's zig-zagged as it works in some games and not in others, and he himself has fallen for the same trap on at least one occasion.
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia": Stampy mentions being dyslexic in his Pokemon: Moon series and cites it as the reason he mispronounces so many of the names.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: Many of the things in the Quest and Den series, especially Quest's morning routine, which involves Stampy and Squid shooting arrows at each other form the top of giant statue-houses of themselves, flushing themselves down a giant toilet, then kissing a snow-golem, then pretending to sell ice cream to each other. This routine has been known to take up an entire twenty-minute episode. This probably happens because in these series, Stampy tends to build and do random things on a whim, rather than planning everything out beforehand like with his Lovely World.
- Motor Mouth: Tends to speak in very long, continuous sentences, especially when explaining things. For example, from Ocean Den, Episode 26(which is fittingly called "Rambling On"):Stampy: Ah dear, I weesh, I weesh, I weesh for a feesh- right, lets, um, let's do- let's do Grass Race, if you didn't see, Grass Race is happening, it's happening, it's not started yet but it's gonna be starting, er, very soon, I don't know, maybe next week, may- it's gonna- it's- it's- it should hopefully start in April, as long as we're not slow, so basically, as soon as it's ready it's gonna begin, so we're on the verge of the- the Great Grass Race of Ocean Den beginning so, um, this i- this is the plan, in case you didn't see the last episode, and even if you did see the last episode, it's good to have a- a bit of a recap, so, there's gonna be four sheep in each pen, and um, Sqaishey's- Sqaishey's in charge of that at the moment, um, I'm in charge of this, so it's gonna be like a whirlpool, so these are the two trails, here's Sqaishey's, here's mine, and they're basically gonna go rooouuund and rooouuund, and round and round, all the way around I kinda changed this from how it was the last episode and made it a bit neater, so- er, yeah, I'm gonna work on that- do you wanna try and get the- the sheep in the pen, and we also need to get dye as well, we need to get yellow and- and orange dye at the same time, don't we.
- Morning Routine: Has a different one for each series:
- Lovely World: Eats a cake, adds someone to the Love Garden, chooses a dog. Some earlier episodes also involve a small minigame.
- Quest: Makes silly noises, shoots arrows at Squid, flushes himself down toilet, kisses Smooch, sells or buys ice cream.
- Sky Den: Plays hide and seek with Sqaishey, usually involving a disguise during the last few episodes. In the middle of the episode, plays Painting Roulette with Kevin.
- Cave Den: Plays Cake Roulette, gives gift to Sqaishey.
- Ocean Den: Plays Cake Roulette with Kevin.
- Nurse with Good Intentions: Squid acts as this for Stampy in Building Time Episode 8, "Disco Night". He tries to cure Stamps by throwing a Strength Potion at him, making him punch a mule, and setting him on fire. Or maybe his intentions weren't so good after all...
- Oh, Crap!: In Episode 18 of the Negative Challenge, "I Got Griefed", Stampy is horrified when he realizes that whoever that griefed his house had set up a minecart with hopper system to steal everything from his chests, because it messed up the great efforts he took to organize his chests in the series.
- Only Known by Their Nickname:
- He has many nicknames, including Stampylongnose, Stampy, Stampy Cat, and Stamps. He's rarely, if not never, called by his real name, or even his channel name, Stampylonghead.
- Squid goes by Squid, Squiddy, Squidoodly, Squid Nugget, and Slippery Fellow, and rarely by his channel name, iBallisticSquid.
- On Three:
- In Quest For The Ark Of The Covenant, Stampy subverts this when he counts down from four, "just to be different".
- In Ocean Den he subverts this again when he counts down from six.
- The Perfectionist: Both he and Squid get very upset about an asymmetrical temple.Squid: (gasps) Stamps!
Stampy: What's up?
Squid: It's not symmetrical!
Stampy: (gasps) Is it not?! Is it not like- oh, it's not!
Squid: (counting blocks) One, two, three...
Stampy: Ohhhh, I can't look! I can't look, it makes me feel sick when it's not perfect! It's just not right.
- Please Subscribe to Our Channel: His Let's Cress channel parodies this by obscuring key parts of videos with 'Like The Video!!!' text, which flies onscreen with an increasingly long and ridiculous whooshing sound each time. At the end of a video, he also asks people to subscribe, and share the video on Facebook and MySpace.
- Production Foreshadowing: During Stampy's guest appearance in Feather Adventures Episode 309, "Forest Fight!!!", he discovered a mechanism involving gates which allows players to swim on land, and confirms in the episode that he had a stroke of inspiration. He eventually utilizes this in the Lovely World in the form of the minigame "Ground Control". Sqaishey even lampshades this in the episode.Sqaishey: Oh, is this the start of Stampy coming up with a new minigame? I feel that it is. I-I need your help on it if you wanna make it in Feather Adventures.
Stampy: (enthusiastically crouching and uncrouching in affirmation)
Sqaishey: (half-laughing) Yes, definitely, he's definitely thinking [up] something.
- Puddle-Covering Chivalry: Conversed in Episode 13 of A Duck and a Cat on Sqaishey's channel, "Gentleman Stampy", where he rants about how the trope is stupid.
- Pun: Stampy has been known to make these on more than one occasion.Stampy: We both lava the suggestion.
Squid: I'm really warming to it.
Stampy: Ohhhh! You're on fire with these puns, Squid.
Squid: Ohhh! Let's just get on with it.
Stampy: Everyone just erupted with laughter.
- Pungeon Master: Is prone to making many, many puns, which he lampshades in many of his videos.
- Self-Deprecation: In earlier videos, he often berates himself for his lack of redstone knowledge. This has become more and more averted as he has gained more and more skill with it.
- Sick Episode: Building Time Episode 8, "Disco Night". Overlaps with Working Through the Cold as Building Time builds are voted for by the audience, meaning they have to be recorded regularly so Stampy wasn't able to record the episode earlier or later. Stamps manages to retain his usual upbeat attitude, but has to cut out and speed up large parts of the episode due to his throat becoming too sore for him to commentate.
- Sugar Bowl: Many of his Minecraft worlds come across as this. Most episodes are about him building bright, happy, colourful things, or designing and playing fun games.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: In Sqaishey's song "Quack If You Wanna", there is a sign placed over a filled-in hole, which reads, "This is not a hole that Stampy made to get to Sqaishey..."
- Sweet Tooth: In Minecraft, he loves cake, and he also loves sweet foods in real life.
- Tempting Fate: During his second playthrough of "A Portal to Mystery" from Minecraft: Story Mode, he expresses happiness that Lizzie was still alive, only for the lights to immediately turn out and the character to drop dead, which Stampy naturally lampshades.Stampy: I'm glad Lizzie's still alive, you see, look, she's helping us-
(Lizzie gets killed by the White Pumpkin)
Stampy: Did she just- (pauses the game)
Stampy: Did that really just happen? Did I literally just say I'm glad Lizzie's still alive, and then randomly mid-sentence, they just turn the light off and just killed her? What?! What? What?! (resumes gameplay) Wha-?!
The White Pumpkin: (in-game) Enjoying the party?
Stampy: Why did I open my big mouth? Like, "aw, I'm glad she's alive", they literally just- turn the light off, dead. Okay, carry on with the game... (laughs) That timing was outrageous!
- Toilet Humour: Stampy and his friends absolutely love this type of humour.
- Squid's Poop Attack.
- Stampy and Sqaishey often laugh at things like 'number two' or the word 'bottom'.
- The giant toilet, the multiple miniature toilets and the whole idea of 'Toilet Tickets' in Quest.
- Leaky Till the Anvil from Cave Den.
- Top Ten List: He has a series of these, several of which are based around his Lovely World and other series and videos, and others which are rooted in general Minecraft and real life.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Stampy definitely loves cake. He also seems to love cheese pizza in real life; he mentions on a podcast that he went to Italy on a quest to find the best pizza. He was disappointed to find that every pizza he ordered has no cheese on it.
- Prior to the events of Sqaishey's House on Netty's channel (or Netty's House on Sqaishey's channel), Sqaishey jokingly added "redstone" to the list of things they liked to make the series more difficult for Netty, who had never even done simple redstone, but Stampy changed it to "advanced redstone" instead, spawning "#BlameStampy".
- He once also challenged Squid to make a piston move a block up and down in the Building Time world, and proceeded to secretly film Squid doing so and post the footage to their joint MagicAnimalClub channel.
- Verbal Tic: Says 'um' a lot.
- The Voiceless:
- All of Stampy's Minecraft helpers are silent throughout the video, though Stampy occasionally mentions talking to them beforehand.
- Longbow appears for a few episodes of Quest, but never speaks.
- Daisy the cow accompanies Stampy and Squid on some of their earlier adventure maps, but does not speak.
- He himself is this when he makes guest appearances on other people's channels and series, such as Sqaishey's Feather Adventures.
- Air-Vent Passageway: Stampy references this by shouting "They're inside the vents!" when looking for an enderman.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Stampy sees an enderman in the sheep pen, and says that he's a feral enderman who was raised by sheep, but was always excluded because he was different, but now the sheep have accepted him and he's finally happy.
- Artistic Licence – Biology: Squid is supposed to be, well, a squid, but has all the limitations and abilities of a normal Minecraft player. This means that he can walk on land, breathe air and use items with no problems, but he can't breathe underwater and swims at a normal speed. This is occasionally lampshaded, with either Squid or Stampy wondering how a squid can drown.
- Bait-and-Switch: In Episode 10, Stampy and Squid have a Running Gag where they 'sniff out diamond potential'. Near the end of the episode, after failing miserably to find any diamonds, they find a promising lava lake.Stampy: I'll tell you what though, Squid. Have a sniff. Have a sniff. Can you smell that?
Squid: (gasps, sniffs, then coughs) ...Yeah.
Stampy: That's the fumes from the lava, that is. It's all the smoke.
- Big, Stupid Doodoo-Head: The second half of Episode 15 has Stampy and Squid calling each other smelly poo bums.
- Black Comedy Burst:
- Early on, Stampy and Squid take bets on when Stampy's dog, Peter, will die.note Then, Stampy threatens to kill Peter himself, so he'll win the bet. Quest is usually a lighthearted, fun series, like all of Stampy's videos, so this comes across as quite jarring.
- In Episode 16, Squid kills a pen full of sheep so he can enchant his pickaxe, then Stampy rubs his pickaxe on a cow's bottom to bring him good luck. Squid then kills a pig who got in the way of the parkour. Stampy then renames the episode "Quest for cruelty to animals".
- Blatant Lies:
- Squid's claims about his first house.Squid: There's diamond tools 'round here, there's, like, a waiter serving me drinks...
- After Stampy dies in lava, he says he's not going to think about all the things he's lost, then immediately starts thinking about the Friendship Flowers he's lost.
- Squid's claims about his first house.
- Bowel-Breaking Bricks: Stampy tries to invoke this with a chicken to make it lay an egg he needs to bake his cake. It doesn't work.
- They find two flowers growing side by side in a cave, and decide they are the Friendship Flowers from Feed The Beast. They end up burning in lava, and are replaced with Friendship Mushrooms.
- In Episode 15*, on a bright, sunny day, they find a small cave and use it for a 'Wish you were here!' postcard. In Episode 23*, they find the same cave in the rain while unsuccessfully searching for endermen, and make another postcard, this time with the text 'Wish endermen were here!' Later, they build a giant chest with a face, and use it for another postcard, with the text 'Wish you were in my mouth!'.
- While completing Longbow's quest, they find their old mushroom houses, and redo their old intro.
- Stampy manages to get them both stuck in a one block hole, and Squid asks if he learnt anything at all from their Feed The Beast series, in which the same thing happened.
- "No need to be sheepish!" note
- Halfaheart! Halfaheart! Team up! Team up! note
- "The pig's on the tiki bar..." note
- Clip Show: The Grand Finale of Quest features a montage of best moments.
- Companion Cube:
- Stampy gives Peter (his dog) some sugar cane 'for company'.
- Stampy becomes very... attached to his diamond block.Stampy: I wanna go home and I wanna make that diamond block. I wanna see it. I wanna hold it. I wanna touch it, I wanna sleep with it in bed, I want it to be there lying next to me. I want it to be the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning. I wanna go on holiday with it... I think I've... I think I've fallen in love with diamonds, Squid.
- Counting Sheep: Stamps and Squid wonder if sheep count humans to fall asleep.
- Cuteness Proximity: Both of them make increasingly loud and exaggerated 'aaw!' noises when they make their dogs sit next to each other.
- Damned by Faint Praise: The best things Stampy can think of about Squid is that his skin is very blue, he can open his mouth very wide, and that he only wasted two ender pearls when he could have wasted three.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: In "Quest To Mumble", Stampy and Squid try to replace the first letter of every word with 'w'.
- Epic Fail:
- In Episode 3* of Quest To Kill The Ender Dragon* they manage to lose eleven diamonds.
- After a heartfelt goodbye to their old home, Stampy and Squid set off to find a stronghold... only for Stampy to immediately lose the Eye of Ender only a few blocks from the house.
- They spend about four episodes building a mob trap. The only problem is, they built it on a mushroom island, the only biome where mobs don't spawn.
- Even Evil Has Standards: In Episode 16, Squid starts massacring all the sheep for no good reason. Stampy interprets a nearby skeleton as "looking on in horror".
- Gasp!: Stampy gasps very dramatically when he unexpectedly finds diamonds while strip-mining.
- Hurricane of Puns: Episode 3* of Quest To Kill The Ender Dragon, which is called "Punny Jokes", is full of puns.
- I Can See My House from Here: Stampy remarks that he can see his house from Squid's window, even though the houses are only a few blocks apart. Squid then references this Stock Phrase in a mocking tone.
- Ice-Cream Koan: Squid says that there's no 'I' in team. Stampy replies that there's no 'I' in 'Stampy' either, and he's got no idea what that means.
- Insane Troll Logic: Squid's dog was found in a desert. Deserts contain sand. Beaches also contain sand. Beaches are by the sea. Crabs live in the sea. Hermit crabs are a type of crab. So, Squid decides to name his dog 'Hermit'.
- I Resemble That Remark!: At one point, Squid comments, "You're very oblivious to everything, Stampy, aren't you?" Stampy never replies to this, and seems totally oblivious to the fact that Squid said it.
- In the first episode, Stampy says "We're not going to be building pretty houses, I'm not going to be, like, making amazing towers or anything like that" and that the aim of the series is to kill the Ender Dragon as quickly and efficiently as possible. 225 episodes later, Stampy and Squid have built what is possibly the largest number of unnecessary builds in any of Stampy's series, including four statue-houses, a giant toilet, multiple smaller toilets, a giant chest, a cow, an ice-cream parlour, a water park, an animal disco, a frying pan, two chickens, a flying pig, a tiki bar, an angry potato, Squid's mother, a pie, an elephant TNT cannon, sky parkour, a Can-do Company tree office, snow-golem factory and a really fat Ferrari.
- He says he expects the LP to be quite short. It ended up spanning four years and two hundred and twenty-five episodes, making it one of his longest series to date.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Squid and Stampy react like this to all of each other's puns. At one point, Stampy comments, "Laughter just didn't seem appropriate."
- Last-Second Word Swap: Squid thinks moving the enchanting table to Smooch's head is a terri- a good idea. Obviously, the first word that he was trying to say was 'terrific'.
- Least Rhymable Word: Stampy warns Squid not to try and make a rhyme out of the word 'purple', unless there's a turtle.
- Let's Split Up, Gang!: Defied. Stampy notes that when hunting endermen, things never go well if they split up, so they should stay together.
- Loophole Abuse: In Episode 25, Stampy promises he'll have finished building his ice cream parlour by the end of the episode. He plans to achieve this by extending the episode until he's finished it, though he ends up just giving up on it.
- Musical Episode: In Episode 29, they both try to do a 'moosical'. It doesn't go well.
- Never Trust a Title: Some of the titles have absolutely nothing to do with the episode, such as "How To Build A Pirate Ship" (Episode 8*), and "Quest To Make Souffle" (Episode 3). Episode 21 is called "Quest To Build Timmy's Face". Episode 23 is called "Quest To Actually Build Timmy's Face".
- No Sense of Direction: Both of them frequently get lost in the stronghold, despite them living in it and spending most of their time there.
- Odd Name Out: Stampy and Squid have dogs called Wizzle, Twizzle and Peter. Later, Squid acquires more dogs, which are called Wizzle, Twizzle, Bizzle, and Bob. This lasts until he forgets about Bizzle's existence, and renames him 'Mystery'.
- Oh, Crap!: Both of their reactions when they realise they are one diamond short of making a diamond block they need to complete a puzzle.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word:
- Stampy gives Squid a contract for a diamond pick axe which is full of these, such as the word 'responsibilutulur'.
- He makes up the word 'revigorated', and says, "Making up words: that's how good I feel!"
- Potty Emergency: Invoked with the 'Toilet Tickets' at the Squiddy Water Park. The park charges everyone toilet tickets to use the public toilets. Customers can earn toilet tickets by going on the rides and playing the mini-games at the park, all of which cost money. Stampy and Squid plan to provide all customers with free refills of all their drinks, making them drink more, which will cause them to use the toilets more, which will make them go on the rides more so they can earn more toilet tickets, making the customers spend more money.
- Rhyming Episode: In Episode 13, both of them try to rhyme as much as possible. Squid isn't very good at it.Squid: Ah, poor Stampy Cat, you were such a nice fellow. I'll always remember you, with your blonde hair and... er... cheesy whiskers.
Stampy: The Quest to Rhyme: Failed.
- Running Gag:
- Squid's singing and Stampy's puns.
- Their lack of progress, due to both of them getting distracted.
- Squid's obsession with pirate ships.
- Squid's Poop Attack.
- Self-Deprecation: Both of them are very negative about their singing ability and the quality of their builds.Stampy: Just because I'm a rubbish YouTuber doesn't mean I'm not a YouTuber, Squid.
- Separated by a Common Language: At one point, Squid and Stampy take suggestions for what to build next, and one of the suggestions is for them to build a Dairy Queen, which is an American chain of ice cream parlours. However, neither Squid nor Stampy has ever heard of a Dairy Queen before, so they end up building a cow with a crown.
- Smurfing: Done at the start of Episode 22* with the word 'squid':Squid: Hello, and welcome Squid to Squid's squiddy video.
Stampy: Hello, my name is Squid, and welcome to my squiddy squid squid. Today, I'm gonna be squidding my squid, and then I'm gonna squid the squid all over the squid.
- Sneeze of Doom: Stampy says that his sneezes have been known to destroy small villages.
- Springtime for Hitler: One episode is 40 minutes long, and features Stampy and Squid talking about completely random things, like how the word 'botty' is fun to say. They challenge everyone to watch through the entire episode, thinking that most people would become bored and give up before the end. However, it ended up being very popular, and inspired their Magic Animal Club Podcast.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: Stampy ticks an item off his list:Stampy: Aaaaand... Tick! With one gentle flick!
Squid: Of my flexible... wrist.
- Take That!:
- Squid and Stampy scream exaggeratedly at their cute dogs, then Stampy says, "Let's not turn into the Yogscast".
- Stampy calls their mushroom island Mushroom Kingdom, then says he'll be done for copyright.
- Taking the Bullet: Squid does this for a creeper to stop Stampy winning a competition.
- Tempting Fate: Lampshaded by Stamps:Stampy: I said, "I hope I don't back into some lava when running away from the creeper". Then, I backed into some lava when running away from the creeper.
- Too Dumb to Live: Longbow's Quest leads both of them to a pit of lava. Squid decides the best thing to do is to jump in it while still holding all his items, including his enchanted diamond pickaxe. Actually subverted, as even though there's no water under the lava, Squid somehow manages to survive. This is somewhat justified, as a common trick in Minecraft is to place water directly underneath lava, making jumping into the lava the correct solution to a puzzle. However, there's still no excuse for him not leaving his items behind.
- Tongue Twister: They decide that 'furiously shearing sheep' is one.
- Trail of Bread Crumbs: Squid leaves a trail of wooden blocks for Stampy to follow in the stronghold.
- Tropaholics Anonymous: Parodied when Stampy and Squid have trouble finding diamonds.Stampy: Hello, my name's Squid, and I'm a diamondholic, and I haven't mined a diamond in over two videos!
- The Unpronouncable: The iron golems, Abfgern and Ntarsp, were named by Stampy and Squid choosing letters at random. Ntarsp's names is eventually changed to Raftog, because they decide the former is too difficult to pronounce and remember.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Implied. Squid's house has a lump on the back of its neck, and Squid describes what it be like if it burst and pus oozed out. Stampy replies that he's going to go and craft a bucket.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: In universe. Stampy decides that Longbow ate too much mushroom stew before designing his quest.
- Ambiguous Robots: Descriptions on what Kevin is tend to vary. Given how Sqaishey built him in Sky Den, they usually refer to him as an robot, but Nivek in Space Den is initially described as Kevin's clone before beginning to malfunction in a manner similar to a robot. He's also been placed in cryosleep, something a robot probably wouldn't need to be put in, and in Ocean Den, a one-off character is called Kevin's Mum. Lampshaded in Episode 51 of Ocean Den, "Halloween Island", when Stampy asks if a love potion would work on a snow golem and "whatever Kevin is".
- Anvil on Head:
- Becomes something of a Running Gag in Cave Den, with both Stampy and Sqaishey trying to crush each other with anvils.
- One of Stampy's astronaut tests for Sqaishey involves them making an anvil drop on their head.
- Companion Cube: Stampy and Sqaishey treat most of the things they build as if they are alive. They have also been known to do this with random objects, such as pickaxes, tripwire hooks and anvils.
- Potty Failure:
- Leaky Till, Stampy's pet anvil in Cave Den, frequently has these.Stampy: Oh, Till!
- In Space Den, Stampy gives a bowl of mushroom stew to an engineer as part of a quest. This causes the engineer to make a loud honking sound as green sparkles appear around him. Stampy and Sqaishey both interpret this as him having an accident.
- Leaky Till, Stampy's pet anvil in Cave Den, frequently has these.
- Rule of Three: It's been revealed that Ocean Den is the last Den series, making three Dens in total. This was possibly done so the Grass Race would have a definite winner.
- Eventually subverted with the reveal of Space Den after Stampy's year-long hiatus.
- Spell My Name with an S: Sqaishey's name is spelt without a 'u' after the 'q', which catches many people out who are trying to write their name.
- Clip Show: The Grand Finale of Stampy and Sqaishey's Sky Den series, "Memories". Parodied at the end when they show a clip of something happening immediately after it happens.
- I Am a Monster: Sqaishey says this after they accidentally kill David.
- Abusive Parent: Stampy calls Sqaishey this after they abandon a tripwire hook he gave them as a present. From that moment onwards, they always keep the tripwire hook with them.
- Break-Up/Make-Up Scenario: In Episode 47, "We Fell Out", Stampy and Sqaishey get into an argument which leads to Sqaishey deciding to make their own Den and the two going their separate ways. In the next episode, "Time Apart", the two of them realize that they miss the other and can't even remember why they were arguing in the first place, and they reunite.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Happens to Leaky Till, Stampy's pet anvil in Cave Den.
- Cargo Ship: In-Universe. In Cave Den, Stampy and Sqaishey build a house for two married pickaxes.
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 29, "Lots of Dens" and Episode 48, "Time Apart" both show Sqaishey's perspective, while the series is usually shown in Stampy's point of view.
- Flat Character: Will the Anvil. Lampshaded by Stampy:Stampy: So we've got Leaky Till, we've got Friendly Bill and we've got... Generic Will.
- Putting the Pee in Pool: Happens to Leaky Till the Anvil after Stampy and Sqaishey take him swimming.
- Rhymes on a Dime: In Episode 29, "Lots of Dens", Sqaishey invokes this when making all the mini-dens — the Rave Den, the Crave Den, the Brave Den, the Grave Den, the Shave Den and the Wave Den — so that they all rhyme with 'Cave Den'.
- Sick Episode: Episode 29, "Lots of Dens" is only commentated by Sqaishey due to Stampy being ill. They build lots of smaller dens for him to see when he gets better.
- Switching P.O.V.: Episode 48, "Time Apart", fluctuates between Stampy and Sqaishey's perspectives.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The Stampy-Sqaishey Space Station, and the Cookie Carpet, which is lampshaded by Stampy.Stampy: The cookie carpet! Ooh, it even sounds good! There's even alliteration! Ohoh, it has to be!
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Sqaishey claims they can breathe in space because they're an astronaut.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: After his few (and very short) appearances in Ocean Den, Doobie Doo randomly dissapears without warning, only getting a few mentions after his disappearance.
- Demoted to Extra: Doobie Doo played a big role in Cave Den, but barely appeared in Ocean Den.
- Just Desserts: Stampy references this after he and Sqaishey build a restaurant that only sells puddings.
- Mundane Made Awesome: On "Fruity Day", Stampy sings "Fruity day, fruity day..." to himself, then excitedly shouts, "I made a song!".
- Mundane Object Amazement: Stampy gets very excited in Ocean Den when he finds out that beetroot has been added to X-Box Minecraft, even dedicating an entire island to it.
- No More for Me: After he sees the ocean glitching, Stampy decides he's had too many Cookies of Talking.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Stampy finds a Mooshroom slowly walking past his door sinister.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The Cocoa Pixie from Creativemodeland is clearly a genuine fairy, and not at all Sqaishey in a Dalek skin.
- Rule of Funny: Sqaishey cites this as the only reason they throw the Cookie Of Talking off the boat.
- Shipper on Deck: Both Stampy and Sqaishey ship Kevin with Heavy the snow golem, building them a date night island and a honeymoon island (just in case). Heck, the only reason Heavy is even named Heavy is because Stampy wanted their ship name to be "Heavin", pronounced like "heaven".
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Sqaishey and Stampy each come up with three ways to decorate the oil rig, and both of them suggest building an escape room as one of their options.
- Unusual Euphemism: At one point, Stampy refers to using the toilet as 'time out'.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: None of the inhabitants of the moon have problems breathing, and Stampy and Sqaishey can travel from planet to planet without a worry. Justified since it isn't actually space, just a Minecraft map designed to look like space.
- Berserk Button: Never mention lorries in front of Kevin. He apparently despises them so much that even saying a word that sounds like lorries (such as "worries") will send him into a fury.
- The Bus Came Back: The Creative Mode Fairy from Ocean Den returns in Episode 65, "Battling The Wither Using Spagetti". Except it was the Creative Mode Fairy for Bedrock Edition, and apparently the one for Console Edition had died.
- Company Cross References/Shout-Out: To Stampy's Lovely World in Episode 6. Stampy mentions that some car parks have reserved parking spots with signs that have the person's name on them, using the name "Henry Peacock" as an example. Sqaishey thinks it sounds like a name a Helper would have, and Stampy recites part of the Lovely World intro with Henry Peacock's name inserted in.
- Denser and Wackier: The goofiest of the Dens so far.
- Impostor-Exposing Test: When confronting Nivek, who Sqaishey and Stampy believe replaced Kevin, they ask him what his favorite mode of transport is knowing that the real Kevin would say "hoverpods". When Nivek instead responds with "lorries" (see Berserk Button above), they know they're dealing with an imposter.
- Improbable Weapon User/Lethal Joke Item: In Episode 65, Stampy and Sqaishey attempt to beat the Wither by using spaghetti to control their games. It Makes Just as Much Sense in Context, and better yet, they succeed.
- Mundane Object Amazement: Since this was Stampy's first proper introduction to several new additions to Minecraft, such as bells, phantoms, and honey blocks, he often gets very excited over minute details.
- Sdrawkcab Name: The impostor Kevin is dubbed 'Nivek'.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: After finding a planet with several Kevin impostors and an End portal, Sqaishey and Stampy come to the conclusion that the real Kevin's been stranded in the End. They spend an entire epsidode gathering enough blaze rods and ender pearls to open up the portal, dying several times in the process...only for Sqaishey to take a wrong turn in the structure that holds the End portal and find that he was there all along, stuck in a cryosleep chamber.
- Tears of Joy: When Space Den is first revealed to Sqaishey they start crying because they'd thought that the Den series was over.
- Weird Moon: Between the duck and cat, the two DNA-shaped spirals of grass, the moon made of honey, the hoverpod piloted by whatever Kevin is, the car park, and the pufferfish bowl, "weird" doesn't even begin to cover it.
- Absurd Phobia: In Day Of Reckoning, Stampy and Squid briefly pretend they are afraid of ladders, because they might get splinters.
- Big "NO!": Stamps has one when he loses his magic staff in Stormwater.
- Blatant Lies: Often used when Stampy and Squid cheat while playing a map. note Squid: Oh! Stamps! Bit of good luck! Erm... The door that we were trying to get through, has just, like, magically disappeared!
- Bowdlerise: Stampy frequently replaces the word 'blood', or any reference to blood, with 'tomato juice', 'strawberry jam', or something similar.
- Brick Joke: Probably unintentional, but at the start of Quest For The Ark Of The Covenant, Stampy jokes "Mutant Marine note presents this tree". Later, in Day Of Reckoning, Mutant Marine specifically draws attention to two trees he built.
- In Episode 1 of Stormwater, Squid and Stampy joke that 'the water's stormy!' and throw a sheep into a river. Later, they sail along the same river, and make the same joke as before.
- In Stormwater, when Stampy and Squid found out their son is missing, they recount the events of Day Of Reckoning, where they had to find a cure for their son.
- In The Legend Of The Holy Grail, Stampy and Squid find a place called 'Dubbery Forest' (pronounced 'Dooberry Forest'). Later, in Day Of Reckoning, they go to another place called 'Dooberry Forest'.
- Catchphrase: Stampy and Squid are fond of these and often come up with new ones for each map they play.
- "You're the brains, I'm the looks."
- "Hello, my name's [X], and I'm [insert current activity]."
- "Stampy No Pants!"
- Day Of Reckoning:
- "I can smell the cure from here!"
- "Everything happens for a raisin!"
- The Dropper: "Stampylongnose, dropper extraordinaire!"
- The Final Contestant: "Put the boing-boing back in your step!"
- Stormwater: "Fireball/Fireblast!"
- Companion Cube: Kevin the sign from The Final Contestant, who Stampy carries around with him and talks to.
- Cue the Rain: In Stormwater, after Stampy rants at Squid for forgetting the Flood Gate Key, it immediately starts raining.
- This also happens in 'The Last Contestant when Squid and Stampy are failing at some parkour.
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- In Stormwater, a man doesn't know where Stampy's son is, so Stampy sets him on fire.
- He and Squid torture and kill a random passerby because he won't tell them where a mask is hidden. (Although this was a built-in part of the map, it was not required to progress.)
- Don't Explain the Joke: In The Final Contestant Stampy does this deliberately: "Parkour? More like par-bore! That's because it's boring."
- Ironic Echo: In Lab 115, Squid pushes Stampy into some lava and steals his experience. He then boasts about his level, saying "Stampy, ask me what level I am!", which Stampy does. Squid then dies in the lava and loses all his experience, prompting Stampy to ask, "Squid, what level are you?"
- Laser-Guided Karma:
- Lampshaded in Deadland when Stampy makes fun of Squid, and then catches fire immediately afterwards.
- Stampy claims that him finding armour in a chest after giving Squid his armour is due to this.
- Leitmotif: The later adventure maps all have a different jingle at the start of each episode.
- Loophole Abuse: Instead of completing some parkour in The Tree of Life Squid places boats on the blocks so he can to hop from boat to boat with no risk of falling. As Stampy says, this technically isn't cheating because the rules only forbid placing blocks, not placing boats.
- Meadow Run: Parodied in Quest For The Ark Of The Covenant.
- Mundane Object Amazement: The filing cabinets in Deadland.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: 'Flatuating' from Day of Reckoning.
- Running Gag:
- Squid's 'poop attack'.
- Stampy not having any leggings (Stampy No Pants!).
- The 'sewer voice' (starts in The Omega Colony).
- Stampy accidentally teleporting Squid to him, rather than himself to Squid.
- Stampy holding 'contests' where the first person to find an object wins that object.Stampy: Fishing contest! First one to catch a fish wins a fish!
- Doing the "boing-boing" on any parkour.
- Whenever Squid is above Stampy on a ladder he pretends to fart on Stampy.
- Day Of Reckoning: The power level of the time machine 'flatuating' note , accompanied by fart sounds.
- Lab 115: Stampy saying "Lab One-One-Five, or Lab One Hundred and Fifteen if you're from Belgium."
- The Legend Of The Holy Grail: Stampy stepping on all the pressure pads, and getting poisoned.
- Spoiled Brat: Stampy pretends to be one in Day Of Reckoning, and demands a 'doing' from Squid.
- Shaped Like Itself: At the start of The Dropper Stamps and Squid discuss what type of map it is:Squid: It's not an adventure map, it's a... Er... I don't know...
Stampy: It's a dropper map.
Squid: It's a dropper map.
- Tempting Fate: Inevitably, whenever Stampy or Squid points out how well they are doing at some parkour, they miss the next jump and fall all the way to the bottom.Stampy: But you know what, I am destroying this parkour! (falls)
- There Are No Coincidences: Stampy and Squid parody this in Day of Reckoning by saying "Everything happens for a raisin!".