StacheBros is a series of plush videos based on the Super Mario Bros. franchise that was created in 2009. The channel can be found here.
StacheBros contains examples of:
- Accidental Kidnapping: In "Our Princess Is In Another Castle", Kamek accidentally kidnaps Rosalina instead of Peach because his glasses haven't been cleaned recently, which gets him chewed out by Bowser.
- Accidental Misnaming: In "Home Alone", Waluigi refers to Bowser Jr. as Nigel at one point. When Wario is confused by this, Waluigi explains he never bothered to learn the kid's name.
- Adaptational Jerkass:
- Mario is much more abrasive than his canon counterpart, what with him constantly quarreling with his brother Luigi, occasionally getting irritated with rescuing Peach, and having a deep hatred for Diddy.
- Downplayed with Luigi, who's a nicer person compared to Mario, but still has his moments of selfishness.
- All Just a Dream:
- "Yoshi's Story OF DEATH!!!!" turns out to be a nightmare that Bowser had from eating 1-UPs before bed.
- "Night Of The Living Goomba" turns out to be one of Mario's dreams inside one of Luigi's dreams inside one of Bowser's nightmares from eating 1-UPs before bed (the reveal of which reuses footage from "Yoshi's Story OF DEATH!!!!").
- "Toadsworth's Funeral" turns out to be a dream Peach had after passing out from forgetting to take her medication. Apparently, she also said the things she said in her dream out loud in her sleep.
- Analogy Backfire: In "Koopa The Quick Saves The Day?", when Goomba tells Koopa he can't compete in the race because turtles are slow, Koopa tells him that the turtle always beats the rabbit in the end. Bowser is quick to point out that Mario isn't a rabbit, which makes Koopa realize he's screwed.
- Angrish: Lampshaded in "Home Alone" when Waluigi grunts like Harry does in the movie after Bowser Jr. drops a Thwomp on him and Wario. When Wario asks him what he's doing, he explains that he's using made-up words to make it sound like he's swearing, to which Wario tells him to stop.
- Answer Cut: In "Toadsworth's Funeral", when Mario tells Bowser to kidnap Peach to make her think about what she's done:Peach: About what I've done?! Oh, really! Please, enlighten me! What could I possibly have done to deserve all this insolence?!
Luigi: Well, for starters, you forgot to tell us that Toadsworth is alive this whole time.
Mario: Yeah, you actually forgot to do a lot of things today.
Peach: LIKE WHAT?!
[Peach wakes up]
Toadsworth: Oh, thank goodness! You're awake! You forgot to take your meds today and passed out. You've been screaming a myriad of pointless things in your sleep ever since.
[Peach stares off in a confused manner]
- April Fools' Plot: Played With in "Wario's Maypril Fools Day". After chugging an entire bottle of whiskey at an intense party in March, Wario blacks out through the entire month of April. When he asks Waluigi what the date is, he tells him that it's the first of May. However, because Wario's still hungover from the party, he misinterprets it as April Fools' Day and decides to pull pranks on the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Armor-Piercing Response: In the Mario Kart episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Luigi tries to talk Mario out of committing suicide:Mario: Life means nothing if I don't have a brother!
Luigi: You do have a brother! I'm right here!
Mario: But do you care?! DO YOU CARE?!
Luigi: Mario, if I didn't care, would I be here?
Mario: What's that supposed to-
Luigi: Peach needs you! The kingdom needs you! I need you.
Mario: Wha...what? Luigi?
Luigi: Get down, Mario. It's time to go.
Mario: But I...I... [sigh]
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Luigi: What we are seeing here is quite possibly the worst thing ever! Look what we have done! Forget about killing a lot of Goombas, we've killed hundreds! Thousands!! Millions!!! TENS!!!
- In "Yoshi and the Quest for Food", Yoshi says he ventured through snow, sleet, and a department store to find his special food. Toad makes a similar claim in "Toad And The Journey Of Life".
- In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Mario and Luigi come across a pile of dead Goombas:
Mario: Um, counting doesn't work that way, but I know!
- Arson, Murder, and Lifesaving: Inverted and then played straight in "1-UPS Commercial" when Wario talks about the impact 1-UPs had on his life:Wario: Before, I was rich, skinny, popular...heck, I was a screwed-up dude! After taking 1-UPs, though, I lost the money, gained 82.5 pounds, was dubbed a loser, and became the happiest guy alive!
- Artistic License – Chemistry: In "Detective Donkey Kong", Wario and Waluigi plan to use a comically large microwave to melt down the Great Banana, which is made of solid gold. This realistically wouldn't work since gold is a conductive metal and would instead create sparks if microwaved.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: In "Bowser's Minion Rehabilitation Clinic":Koopa: Huh, I could go for some orange juice.
Petey Piranha: Ew. I'm more of an apple juice guy, if you ask me myself.
Boo: Same! But I can't stand eating them.
Boo: NO, RETARD, GRAPES!
- Aside Comment: In "Episode 1-3 - Lost Luigi" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", when Petey Piranha asks who Luigi is, Mario whispers to the audience that Luigi wasn't in Super Mario Sunshine.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption:
The King: Next! You'll be in charge of-
- In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", when Mario assassinates the King in Wario's body:
Mario: Kicking your ass! [swings his hammer and knocks Wario's head off]
Mario: I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit spooked right now.
- In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Mario and Luigi are exploring the underground tunnels:
Luigi: Mario, you think this is scary? This is a walk in a park, a bundle of joy, A PILE OF DEAD GOOMBAS! [cut to reveal Goomba corpses piled up] AAAAAH!!!
- Autocannibalism: In "Yoshi Eats His Friends", to prevent himself from eating anyone else, Yoshi resorts to eating himself.
Luigi: I was wondering why I was getting such bad luck, and then, it hit me!
- In "Luigi's Friday The 13th", during Luigi's story:
[a ball of crumpled up paper hits Luigi, he uncrumples it to reveal...]
Luigi: Bingo night! No, that couldn't be it. And then, it hit Mario.
[another ball of crumpled up paper hits Mario]
Luigi: Friday the 13th!
Goomba: So, now I had to rethink my plan, having the minor setback of dying three times during the process, and then, it hit me! [Beat] A knife. [Goomba gets shanked by a knife] So I died.
- In "Goomba's Revenge", after Goomba ends up getting a chain instead of a gun for killing Mario:
- Bait-and-Switch Comment:
Toadsworth: Now, as you know, I'm a killer...
- In "Who Killed Toadsworth?", when Toadsworth introduces his guests at his birthday party:
Toadsworth: ...when it comes to throwing parties.
Toadsworth: But that's besides the point. I will murder...
Toadsworth: ...your tastebuds when you try my delectable Salisbury steak! I had a lot of fun making this one. Now, [holds up a knife] WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...
Toadsworth: ...I will cut the first piece of steak.
Toadsworth: Look, you two have done a lot for our kingdom, and for that, I truly owe you, so you've got to realize that... I feel no guilt not helping you ever.
- In the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Luigi tries to talk Toadsworth out of charging him for Mario's de-paperization operation:
Luigi: You mean it?!
Toadsworth: That's right!
Luigi: Well, we're screwed.
Donkey Kong: BOOOOO! BOOO! Boo's here. See? [pan over to Boo]
- In "Who Killed Princess Peach?", after Peach reveals she invited Bowser and his minions over for Thanksgiving, which all the guests object to:
Donkey Kong: Hey, look, an old man.
- In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", after Donkey Kong shows up accusing Mario of stealing the Great Banana:
Toadsworth: Oh. My. Gosh. [in an increasingly angry tone] In all my years of living, I have never... [in a joyful tone] HAD SUCH A GREAT IDEA!
- Bait-and-Switch Time Skip: Inverted in "Petey Piranha Gets Kicked Out". Luigi begs for Mario to let Petey Piranha stay with them in a montage that seems to take place over the course of a full day. When Mario reluctantly allows Petey to stay for one night, Luigi reveals that the montage lasted a whole month, which throws Mario for a loop.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Mario and Luigi discover a pile of Goomba corpses underground, they feel immense guilt for killing them and Mario wishes they never died. Unfortunately, Mario's wish being granted leads to him and Luigi being chased by a horde of zombified Goombas.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: In "Our Princess Is In Another Castle", Kamek kidnaps Rosalina by mistake and holds her hostage at Bowser's Castle, lying to her that it's a hotel. However, because she's so polite to him, he's forced to tell her the truth about her kidnapping. She doesn't take it kindly and blows up Bowser's Castle.
- Berserk Button: Stealing the Great Banana is one for Donkey Kong, as Goomba and Toadsworth find out the hard way in "Super Donkey Kong Bros".
- Big "NO!":
- Toadsworth has one in "Toadsworth's Spontaneous Back Problems" when he discovers his ointment is missing.
- Luigi has this reaction in "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!" when he learns that Bowser is the Santa at the store.
- Book Ends: "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma" begins and ends with Luigi screaming on an airplane because he's afraid of flying.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: In "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Mario and Luigi use their battle initiation lines from the Mario & Luigi games, but it's usually Luigi who says "Let's-a go!" and Mario who says "Okie dokie!".
- Brick Joke:
- In "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!", Santa considers Luigi losing his belief in him worse than the time Rudolph got a nose job. When Luigi meets Rudolph later in the video, he notices that Rudolph has gotten himself a nose ring.
- In "Home Alone", Spike finds it suspicious that Old Man Toadsworth is salting the ground outside of Bowser's Castle because he believes it never snows in a lava keep like theirs. Near the end of the video, however, it actually does snow there.
- Bring My Brown Pants:
- In "Night Of The Living Goomba", Luigi says he needs to change his pants after hearing the roar of a zombified Goomba.
- In "Let's Kill Luma", Mario craps his pants after the Comet Observatory crashes on his front yard.
- Brutal Honesty: In "Wario's Robbed", when Luigi tries to help Wario with his money problem after Mario rejects him:Wario: Aw, face it, nobody can help me! Nobody loves me!
Luigi: Hey, that statement is totally true!
- By "No", I Mean "Yes": In the Super Mario episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Peach arrives at Mario and Luigi's house during one of their arguments:Peach: Uh...I didn't come at a bad time, did I?
Luigi: Oh, no, no, you didn't come at a bad time- [record needle scratch] You came at the worst time possible, you stupid pink flamingo!
- Cassandra Truth: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", Peasley doesn't believe Mario and his friends when they tell him that none of them are possessed by the King until the King himself announces his return in Wario's body. None of them are amused by this and they throw him off a cliff for trying to kill them.
- Comically Missing the Point:
Goomba: Look, man, I just do Bowser's orders. I don't know any Luigi fella.
- In "Episode 1-3 - Lost Luigi" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", when Mario and Donkey Kong are interrogating Goomba about Luigi's whereabouts:
Mario: He looks like me, only he's green.
Goomba: Green? Now, who could have green skin color?
Mario: No, retard, the hat, it's green!
Goomba: Dude, I'm not colorblind, that's red.
Mario: Not me, Luigi!
Wario: I am here to warn you. You still have a chance of escaping my fate!
- In "A StacheBros Christmas Carol", when Bowser Scrooge asks Wario Marley why he's returned as a ghost:
Bowser: I'm gonna be fat?!
Wario: No! The chains! You still have a chance to resist the discomfort! And you're just as fat as I am.
Luigi: [scoff] What are we gonna do?
- In "Episode 2-1 - The Typical Mario Beginning" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", after Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser:
Mario: Hmm, I don't know, Bowser, the ruler of his own castle, just stole the princess. Wherever could he be?
Luigi: Hmm. Maybe he's in Canada. I like Canada.
Mario: [slamming Luigi into a wall] No, Luigi, we're going to Bowser's Castle!
Peach: As you know, Thanksgiving is a day where we gather together and reenact the bloody civil war that took place between Columbus and the Indians on this very day just 80 years ago.
- In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", when Peasley first asks who the King is, Mario tells him that they don't know where King Toadstool is. When Peasley clarifies that Toadstool isn't the King he's after, Donkey Kong thinks Peach has two fathers.
- In "Who Killed Princess Peach?", after Peach tells the guests to take their seats:
Donkey Kong: I don't think any of that was accurate. You forgot to mention the beluga whale invasion, but go on.
Wario: I think we just got scammed by a kindeygartner.
- In "Home Alone", when Wario realizes that Bowser Jr. is the only one inside Bowser's Castle:
Waluigi: Am I supposed to be impressed? I only have a preschool education! This is normal! Kindergartners are like Einstein to me! Uh...that's a smart guy, right? Did I speak well?
- Counting to Potato: In "Donkey Kong Presents: How to be Dumb":Donkey Kong: Today, I will be teaching you three easy steps — count 'em; 5, 10, 3 — on how to be the most retarded, mindless idiot! Like me!
- *Crack!* "Oh, My Back!": The main conflict of "Toadsworth's Spontaneous Back Problems" is Toadsworth constantly breaking his back to the point where he can't even stand up.
- Credits Gag: "Luigi's Mysterious Attic" ends with sitcom-style joke credits.
- Cruel Twist Ending:
- In "Toadsworth's Spontaneous Back Problems", after Donkey Kong fixes Toadsworth's back, Toadsworth goes home to take his ointment, only to find out it has mysteriously disappeared (though in "The Day Super Mario Died", it's revealed that Mario stole it as a prank). And then, his back breaks again.
- In "Wario's Robbed", Wario thinks Waluigi robbed him of his billion dollars, but it turns out Waluigi was just depositing it all in Gold Toad Bank. Wario is relieved that his money is safe and sound, but then the events of "The Day Super Mario Died" begin with Bowser robbing the bank.
- Curse Cut Short:
Goomba: Hey, you, mustache! Take this, motherf-
- In "Goomba's Revenge", when Goomba finds Mario asleep:
[cut to a reader holding the Mushroom Kingdom Storybook]
Reader: What's this? The effin' last page is ripped out!
Peach: Ugh, that guy makes me so mad! If he were here, I'd take a big stick AND SHOVE IT IN HIS-
- In "A StacheBros Christmas Carol", when Mario Cratchit declares Bowser Scrooge the founder of the feast:
Peach: Calm down, calm down, I was only gonna say "piehole".
Mario: Ohhhhh. Wait, what?
Mario: Drat! I forgot I always carry 1-UPs!
- In "Mario's Magical Mirror", when an alternate Waluigi catches Mario trying to sneak 1-UPs past the mirror:
Waluigi: Then I guess you're going to jail, bucker-tucker-rucker-fu...oh, wait...buckaroo!
Bowser Jr.: Ew! Dad, why are you playing footsies with Peach's belly button?
- In "Bowser Junior's Time Out", when Bowser Jr. catches his father having sex with Peach in his bedroom:
Peach: No, Junior, that's not my belly button, it's my-
Spike: I wouldn't help you if you were GROWING ON MY-
- In "Home Alone", when Bowser Jr. asks Spike for help with packing his suitcase:
Goomba: That's what you were gonna say, right?
- Dark Reprise: "Wii Shop One Last Time" turns Luigi's song about the Wii Shop Channel from "Luigi Time!!!" and turns it into a somber piece lamenting the discontinuation of the service on January 30, 2019.
- A Day in the Limelight: The Mushroom Kingdom Storybook contains stories from some of the supporting characters.
- Deadpan Snarker: Luigi usually has something snarky to say.
- Demonic Possession: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", Toadsworth gets possessed by the spirit of Prince Peasley II, who plans to end his curse by assassinating the King. Later in the video, Wario also gets possessed by the spirit of the King.
- Derailed Train of Thought: "Toadsworth's Tale" starts out on-topic with Toadsworth sharing his story, but when he gets to the part where he accidentally burns his birth certificate with his good looks, the story loses focus when he talks about accidentally burning his great uncle (again, with his good looks), ignoring his jury duty sentence, and wanting to become an English professor after using an alliteration.
- Didn't Think This Through: In "Bowser Loses His Memory", Bowser tries to get rid of Mario by flushing him down a toilet, but Goomba reminds him that Mario is a plumber and he could easily find his way out of the pipes. He makes the same mistake in "Petey Piranha Gets Kicked Out".
- Doomed Hometown: In "Goomba's Revenge", Goomba's village is destroyed by Mario sitting on it and only Goomba himself survives, vowing revenge.
- Downer Ending:
- In "Bowser's Unthankful Thanksgiving", Mario and his friends are left without any food to eat due to the Turkey escaping and Luigi getting cooked, so they're forced to eat Bowser instead. "Mario and Luigi's Turkey Revenge" reveals that they didn't enjoy eating Bowser and Luigi was banned from cooking next year.
- In "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma", Bowser burns Mario and Luigi's faces for breaking into his room, which causes them to get kicked out of the hotel and forces them to end their vacation early. Mario also has to deal with Luigi screaming throughout the plane ride home because he's afraid of planes.
- "Eureka!" Moment: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", when Bowser says he'd rather die than be a slave to the King, Mario gets an idea on how to break the curse: assassinate the King and bring his soul with them as they die.
- Even Evil Has Standards: In "Home Alone", Wario is a little disturbed to hear that Waluigi planned on stabbing Bowser Jr.'s eyes with sharpened candy canes.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: In "The Day Super Mario Died":Boo: Being dead's great! So what if a condor bit your head off?
Mario: Yeah, I know, it's bad- [record needle scratch] What? Condor?
Boo: Yeah, and that forest shark ate the rest of you!
Mario: What? No, I got pushed off a cliff by Luigi.
Boo: What, that stupid hill? You couldn't have... oh, no.
Boo: Luigi made it all up. Which means... you're alive! And that means...
Mario: All those pranks were...
Both: Oh, no!
- Eye Scream: In "The Day Super Mario Died", when Luigi beats up Bowser for robbing Gold Toad Bank, he sprays Oxi-Clean in Bowser's eyes.
- Felony Misdemeanor: In the Super Mario episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Peach sentences Luigi to 20 years in the dungeon for insulting her. However, in the Wii Party episode, she decides to set him free for good behavior.
- Fireball Eyeballs: In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", when Diddy accuses Goomba of stealing the Great Banana to make Donkey Kong whale on him, Donkey Kong's eyes turn into flames.
- Forgotten Birthday: In "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros - The Stachey Sequel", the only people who seem to even vaguely care about Waluigi's birthday are the Mario Bros., but the only thing they do to celebrate is give him some bubble wrap as a gift.
- Funny Phone Misunderstanding: In the Super Smash Bros. episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Luigi calls to get his Wii repaired after Mario broke it, he has to clarify "No, my Nintendo Wii!".
- Go-Karting with Bowser: In "Nintendo Card Game", Mario and Luigi play a friendly game of Go Fish with Bowser.
- Hope Spot: In "Koopa and the Three Tasks", after Koopa (aka Eh) loses everything from years of working for Bowser (aka Ugly Monster), he realizes he has nothing left to lose, which gives him the confidence to attempt the Three Impossibly Impossible Triumphs of Harditude. While making his way the Sacred Hall of the Three Impossibly Impossible Triumphs of Harditude, he thinks he feels his tap dancing ability coming back, so he tap dances his way over there. And then...he suddenly collapses dead on the floor.
- Hypocritical Humor:
Mario: You would think that Bowser would take a hint and maybe hire better minions to serve on the front lines.
- In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Luigi notices that he and Mario have been killing a lot of Goombas:
Luigi: Or at least enhance them or something. Maybe give them some arms. Or a menacing goatee. Steroids can do wonders these days.
Mario: Are you suggesting they do drugs?
Luigi: Whoa, whoa, whoa! No! Who do you think I am?! Drugs are bad for you! Luigi frowns upon drugs! [Beat] Do you have any Mushrooms on you?
Mario: Yeah, here's one.
Luigi: Ah, thanks.
- Later in the video, Luigi makes fun of Mario for being afraid of the underground tunnels, but freaks out when he sees a pile of Goomba corpses. Mario lampshades this after he also get scared by it.
Kamek: Quit your yapping and grow up! No one's here to slave for you!
- In "Home Alone", when Bowser Jr. asks Kamek for help with packing his suitcase:
[pan to Koopa dragging Kamek's bags]
Koopa: [groaning] Where do you want the rest of your stuff, Kamek?
Kamek: Put it in my pile!
Koopa: OK. [continues groaning]
- I Should Have Done This Years Ago: In the Super Mario 3D Land episode of "Luigi Time!!!", after Luigi injures Mario (to the point of him dying only to be revived with 1-UPs) for keeping a Nintendo 3DS for himself, Mario gives it to Luigi. Luigi is excited to finally have the 3DS and says "I should've killed my brother years ago!" before following it up with "Wait..."
- Idea Bulb: Played With in "The Day Super Mario Died". When Luigi gets the idea to fake Mario's death to steal the spotlight from him, a lamp next to Luigi suddenly turns on.Mario: [scoff] Stupid light, it's been turning on by itself all day! Weird, right?
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
Mario: Geez, how badly did you need our money?
- In the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when the lights in the hospital turn off:
Toad: No, no, the electric bill is paid for.
Toadsworth: And so is the Bullet Bill!
[a Bullet Bill provides a rimshot]
Mario: Well, wherever we are, I don't like it one bit. I don't even like it 8-bit!
- In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Mario and Luigi try to assess their situation in an underground area:
[an 8-bit Mario provides a rimshot]
Luigi: Mario, we already did that bit!
[an 8-bit Luigi provides half a rimshot followed by a quack sound]
Luigi: That wasn't even intentional.
- Insane Troll Logic:
Luigi: You see, you see, this is why we don't use fireballs in battle.
- In "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma", when Mario and Luigi take the stairs to Bowser's room so they don't run into him on the elevator again, Mario tells Luigi that the stairs are fireproof due to him reading a sign saying to take the stairs instead of the elevator in case of a fire emergency. Mario tries to prove it by throwing a fireball at the stairs and they catch on fire.
- In "Detective Donkey Kong", Wario and Waluigi try to use a comically giant microwave to melt down the Great Banana, which is made of solid gold. When Waluigi asks Wario which setting to use, Wario tells him to set it to "Frozen Vegetable" because bananas are vegetables according to him.
- Instructional Film: Parodied with "Donkey Kong Presents: How to be Dumb", in which Donkey Kong teaches the audience how to be stupid like him.
- Joke of the Butt:
Alternate Bowser: Then what does the M on your hat stand for?
- In "Mario's Magical Mirror", Mario uses the alias "Harry Rump" when an alternate Bowser asks for his name.
- In "Petey Piranha Gets Kicked Out", Bowser is disappointed by Petey's small size, recalling he was "bigger than Wario's butt" back on Isle Delfino.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: A Running Gag in "Boo's Death Sentence" has Goomba commenting that Boo as a living being looked like a guy (more specifically, a regular male Toad wearing a bow).
- Lame Comeback: In "Mario's Magical Mirror", when Bowser and his minions are running from Mario:Koopa: How mad do you think he is?
Bowser: Well, let's put it this way: It's like we went up to an old man, took a giant turd on his shoes, and walked away.
Spike: Heh, you call that evil? Haha, you're just a bunch of sissy kittens!
Bowser: Hey, you gotta stop having these obnoxious outbursts or I'll..."sissy kittens"?
Spike: Yeah, you're a sissy kitten.
Bowser: I throw the term "giant turd" on the table and you comeback with "sissy kittens"?
Spike: Well, yeah. Back at the acade-
Bowser: Oh, just shut up!
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: In "Waluigi's Straight Jacket", when Waluigi realizes an incomplete version of his story was told:Waluigi: This ain't the story, it's practically throw-up in a jar! You don't want to read another take of what you've already seen! You want pizzazz, spunk, the real story! Like, why'd I go to jail? How did Wario save me? Just why did Sarah Palin step down from governor of Alaska?!
- Last-Second Word Swap: In "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!", when Luigi is meeting Bowser dressed as Santa while Mario makes sure Bowser behaves himself:
- Literal Metaphor: In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Luigi falls into the pit, Mario says he has a 1-UP with Luigi's name on it. Mario is surprised to see that Luigi's name is literally written on it.
- Major Injury Underreaction: In "Mario and Luigi's Turkey Revenge", Toadsworth responds to the Turkey trying to stab him with a knife by calmly saying "This is quite painful".
- Meaningful Rename: In "Koopa and the Three Tasks", after Koopa (aka Handsome Shy Turtle) becomes uglier and loses his ability to tap dance from years of working for Bowser (aka Ugly Monster), he deems himself so much of a loser that he changes his name to Eh.
- Meat-O-Vision: In "Yoshi Eats His Friends", when a hungry Yoshi discovers there's no food in the house, his hallucinations cause him to see Mario and Luigi as food.
- Mistaken for Gay: In "Wario The Greedy", Wario attempts to steal Mario's wallet while he's in bed, but Mario wakes up and says "I didn't know you were gay, too". When Wario is confused by this, Mario reveals he's sleeping with Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Toadsworth, Bowser, and Luigi.
- Mistaken for Thief: In "Wario's Robbed", after Wario and Waluigi amass a billion dollars, Waluigi takes all of it with him after Wario tells him about the possibilities of having so much money. Wario is sad thinking Waluigi robbed him, but it turns out Waluigi was just depositing the money into a bank account.
- Mondegreen Gag: In "Let's Kill Luma", when Luma asks where its mama (Rosalina) is, Luigi thinks it said "Mona" and asks Mario if they know anyone named Mona before it corrects them.
- Mood Whiplash:
- In "Mario and Luigi's Turkey Revenge", after Mario lashes out at Luigi for making them miss the Thanksgiving parade and Luigi walks off annoyed, Wario brings out a plate of hors d'oeuvres and asks the guests if they want any.
- A similar joke happens in "Home Alone" when Bowser Jr. lashes out at his father, wishing he didn't have a family. After he storms off to his room, Chain Chomp brings out a plate of fruitcake and asks the minions if they want any.
- Musical Number Annoyance: In "Bowser's Minion Academy", after Bowser sings "Put on an Evil Face" to Junior, Kamek reminds him that there's supposed to be no musical numbers during training.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: In "Home Alone", Bowser Jr. prays to the Star Spirits to bring his family home for Christmas, including his father, Koopa, Boo, Chain Chomp, Goomba, and Petey Piranha...and Spike if they have the timenote . He also maybe wants some building blocks, but that's besides the point.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- In the Wii Photo Channel episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Luigi feels guilt over accidentally shooting his brother Mario, so he decides to relieve stress by playing more Wii.
- In the Paper Mario episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Luigi realizes that the injuries he inflicted on Mario have put him in a paper coma, Luigi realizes how selfish he's been and wishes for Mario's de-paperization operation to be successful.
- Myth Prologue: "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion" opens with a story about how the Mushroom Kingdom was once ruled by a tyrannical king. According to legend, a traveler from the Beanbean Kingdom showed him a map to riches so he would be spared his wrath, only for the King to disappear after getting swallowed by darkness from within the treasure chest. As a result, the Toadstool family took the throne.
- New Year Has Come: Luigi hosts New Year's specials titled "Luigi's New Year's Bash" almost every year the channel is in operation to look back at the highlights of each respective year.
- No Name Given: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", the former tyrannical king of the Mushroom Kingdom is only referred to as the King.
- Nobody Here but Us Statues: Parodied in "Party At Bowser's". When Bowser and his minions arrive back at their castle, the other characters remember they're plush dolls and act motionless similarly to the toys in Toy Story. Bowser falls for it, but Bowser Jr. doesn't.
- Noodle Implements:
- In "Wario's Maypril Fools Day", when Wario believes it's April Fools' Day after Waluigi tells him that it's the first of May, Wario goes off to find someone who has rubber, a chainsaw, and 50,000 paperclips.
- In "Let's Kill Luma", Luigi plans to murder Luma with nothing but a tube of toothpaste and a stick.
- Noodle Incident:
Mario: I'm never gonna get an explanation for this, am I?
- In "Petey Piranha Gets Kicked Out", when Petey tells Luigi that Bowser doesn't want him anymore, Luigi says "Well, the state of Alaska don't want me anymore...if that helps."
- In "Luigi's Mysterious Attic", Luigi mentions that people had amputations up in his attic, which makes Mario concerned.
- One-Person Birthday Party: In "Episode 2-4 - The Creature From The Egg" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Waluigi is introduced alone at his birthday party, depressed that no one bothered to celebrate his birthday.
- Out-of-Context Eavesdropping: In "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma", Mario and Luigi hear Bowser from their hotel room being happy together and having everything he's ever wanted, making them think he kidnapped Peach somehow. They break into his room to confront him, but it turns out he was only talking about his jacuzzi.
- Overly Long Scream: In "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma", Luigi is so afraid of flying in planes that he screams through most of the flight to and from Isle Delfino, much to Mario's annoyance.
- Parody Commercial: "1-UPS Commercial" has Wario advertising 1-UPs, which are represented as drugs with resurrecting properties.
- Public Service Announcement: Parodied with a video on B.U.P.D.* , where the characters talk about the commenters calling them ugly, but it's treated as if they have a horrible disorder.
- Re-Cut: An extended cut of "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!" can be found on the alternate channel, StacheBrosTWO.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: In "Episode 2-10 - Bravo Bowser" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Mario gives one to Bowser when both of them are trapped in a pit filled with explosives.Mario: You have no faith in yourself, do you? You already know this is gonna end how it always does! You were searching for an heir because you know that in a few minutes, I will win and you will lose. Only this time, there's no relief, no 1-UPs. Your body will be nothing but ash. Bravo, Bowser! You've stunned the audience again! Admitting defeat? That's just rich!
- Rocky Roll Call: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", when Mario finds everyone in the basement:Mario: What the... Spike? Yoshi?
Spike: Red Stache?
- Running Gag:
- If Mario and Diddy are in a video together, Mario will usually express his hatred towards Diddy somehow.
- Cutting to Toad falling of a cliff in "Toad And The Journey Of Life".
- Goomba pointing out that Boo looked like a guy when she was alive in "Boo's Death Sentence".
- Wario and Waluigi wanting to steal the toilet paper from Bowser's Castle in "Home Alone".
- Luigi addressing that Wario wears eyeliner in "Super Donkey Kong Bros".
- Russian Reversal: In the Mario Sports Mix episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Mario remembers all the times Luigi asked for the Nintendo 3DS:Luigi: In Soviet Russia, Nintendo 3DS want Luigi!
Luigi: Well, at least it's not all bad.
- In the video on B.U.P.D.:
Mario: Yeah. I mean, our voices sound pretty true to what they should be. It's not like I sound like Mickey Mouse or anything. Ah-ha!
Luigi: Bro, that's a whole 'nother issue...
- In "Mario & Luigi's Paper Jam", when Mario and Luigi find out their printer is blocked up by Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Mario shoots down Luigi's idea to sing about the game, saying it would be stupid to do sonote .
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: In the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Luigi receives a very expensive bill for Mario's de-paperization operation and tries to convince Toadsworth not to charge them for it to no avail. However, after Luigi deals with a Boo infestation in the hospital, Toadsworth decides to let them go free of charge.
- In "Episode 1-6 - Voyage to Yoshi's Island" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", when Mario and Donkey Kong are interrogating Wario for a vehicle to get to Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong gets him to cooperate by offering him a Scooby Snack.
- In "Toadsworth's House of Horrors", Bowser references Burger King and its slogan before going inside Toadsworth's mansion.
- The ending of "Bowser's Unthankful Thanksgiving" has narration which spoofs the ending of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!.
- In "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!", Luigi receives on Christmas Day a special bell that only believers in Santa can hear. Although Toadsworth says that Luigi continued to hear the bell as he got older because he never stopped believing, Luigi is actually disappointed that this is his only Christmas present.
- In "Koopa The Quick Saves The Day?", Bowser threatens to make turtle soup out of Koopa if he loses the race. This makes Koopa feel hungry, to which Bowser tells him "No soup for you!", a reference Koopa understands.
- In "The Day Super Mario Died", Luigi sprays Bowser's eyes with Oxi-Clean, which makes Bowser realize how much he misses Billy Mays.
- In the same video, Luigi complains that everything has become too perfect without Mario and says his life has become "Little Miss Sunshine", which Peach thought was a good movie.
- In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", when Mario senses Peach being kidnapped by Bowser, he says "My Mario senses are tingling."
- The joke credits at the end of "Luigi's Mysterious Attic" credit Bob Hoskins as Mario. Bob Hoskins played Mario in the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie.
- In "Bowser's Minion Academy", Bowser cheers Junior up by singing "Put on an Evil Face", a parody of "Put on a Happy Face" from Bye Bye Birdie.
- Shut Up and Save Me!: In "Episode 2-9 - Separate Ways" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", while Luigi and Bowser discuss Bowser Jr.'s uselessness, Bowser Jr., who's hanging off a ledge, points out he could still die and desperately asks for someone to rescue him. It's not until after Luigi goes on a rant after Bowser gets his name wrong and knocks Bowser into the pit that someone listens to him.
- Sibling Rivalry: The Central Theme of all 3 seasons of "Luigi Time!!!".
- In the first season, Luigi accidentally shoots Mario when he startles him while playing his Wii, which causes Mario to retaliate against him. Mario tries to forgive Luigi by giving him Wii Sports, but he forgets he forgave him and has everyone gang up on him. Mario tries to forgive Luigi again by playing Wii Sports Resort together, but he gets too caught up in the moment and hurts him again by pushing him off a ledge. Mario tries to forgive Luigi a third time with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but this time, his forgiveness is genuine and they make up.
- In the second season, Luigi becomes jealous of Mario for stealing his spotlight and lashes out at Peach when they laugh at him, which gets him sentenced to 20 years in the dungeon. Peach sets him free 3 weeks later for good behavior, but Mario is still mad at him for insulting Peach and destroys his Wii in retaliation. After Luigi defeats Mario in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario has enough of their fighting and decides to leave Luigi for good. Peach tasks Luigi to get back together with Mario in exchange for Mario Kart Wii, and after talking Mario out of committing suicide, Luigi apologizes to his brother and they make up again.
- In the third season, Luigi gets mad at Mario for not getting him a Nintendo 3DS for his birthday like he wanted, and when he finds out that Mario has been keeping one for himself, he injures him so badly that he turns into paper and falls into a coma. After Luigi realizes the damage he's done, he wishes that Mario's operation is successful and when his wish is granted, he apologizes to his brother and they make up for a third time.
- Sick Episode: In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", Koopa spreads his illness to Mario and Luigi during one of their princess rescuing adventures, leaving them sick in hospital beds. With them out of commission, Toadsworth gets the idea to have Donkey Kong and Diddy rescue Peach in their places.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Toadsworth says this in "Stache Lives" when asking if anyone objects to StacheBros' burial. Except Stache isn't really dead.
- Spoof Aesop:
- In "Wario's Maypril Fools Day", Wario learns that drinking can cause forest fires and tap-dancing monsters are nuts.
- In "Our Princess Is In Another Castle", Peach believes the lesson learned is that tea parties create controversial conspiracies and cause castles to be blown up. Rosalina, who was captured by Kamek, thinks the real lesson is that princesses can execute someone for holding hostages.
- Squee: In the Super Mario 3D Land episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Luigi gets so excited over finally getting his Nintendo 3DS that his heart stops (luckily Toadsworth saves him with a defibrillator), and when he finds out Mario has been playing Super Mario 3D Land on it, he lets out a scream of joy.
- Stating the Simple Solution:
- In "Bowser Junior's Time Out", Bowser Jr.'s plan to get his Barbie Future Dictator of the World set from his father's bedroom was to learn how to dig a hole to China and come back at the other side of the door. Koopa tells him he could've just opened the door since it probably wasn't locked, which is something Junior didn't realize until 3 hours of digging.
- In "Home Alone", when Wario and Waluigi try to get past a door in Bowser's Castle with a heated doorknob, Waluigi tries sneaking underneath the door since he's so skinny, but Bowser Jr. electrocutes him with an Amp. Afterwards, Wario realizes he can get in by simply pushing the door open.
- Stealth Prequel: "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros - The Stachey Sequel" turns out to take place before the events of Super Mario Sunshine.
- Suddenly Voiced: In "Episode 2-7 - The Scheme Unravels" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Mehing Coyote is suddenly able to speak English beyond saying "Meh!" as a tailor.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:
Luigi: Could somebody get this guy's meds?
- In "Nintendo Card Game", when Toadsworth doesn't understand how to play Go Fish:
Mario: I didn't steal them! I mean...yeah, someone get 'em.
- In "Home Alone", after Wario tells Bowser Jr. he's not gonna hurt him, Waluigi claims he's not planning to stab Junior's eyes with sharpened candy canes until he bleeds mint.
- Swapped Roles: In "Luigi's Evil!?!", Luigi and Bowser decide to disguise themselves as each other to see just how hard their respective lives really are.
- Synchro-Vox: Used on Luigi in "Yoshi The Good Dinosaur" after Yoshi suggests that scientists should examine his droppings for their research.
- Take That!:
Toadsworth: Our story begins in a low-budget superstore. That's right, Walmart!
- In "Episode 1-5 - Good VS Evil" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Toadsworth yells at Hannah Montana on his TV and tries to change the channel with the mind control remote thinking it's a broken TV remote.
- In "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!":
Petey Piranha: Who knew what the lack of etiquette in our bilingual nation and laziness of our burger-infested citizens would pull off to give me this tasteful box-boat?
- Another jab at Walmart comes from "Mario's Suckish Valentines" when Mario is forced to buy poor quality flowers from the aforementioned store after Bowser takes the box of chocolates Mario planned to give to Peach.
- In "Episode 2-6 - Petey Piranha Strikes Back" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Petey makes a jab at America's bad habit of littering when he finds a stray cardboard box while trying to find a way off Yoshi's Island.
Luigi: So what do you think this game's like, anyway?
- "Mario & Luigi's Paper Jam" has one towards Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam:
Mario: Probably exactly like what we've been through these past few days.
Luigi: Oh, so a relatively fun action-adventure with a completely undeveloped predictable story that goes nowhere and serves more to remind us that despite the improved gameplay mechanics, our favorite characters aren't treated with the love and respect they got a decade ago?
Mario: No, I think it's about printers, man.
Luigi: Oh, OK, me, too.
- Tempting Fate: In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Luigi fears that somebody finding the corpses of the Goombas they killed could ruin their reputation:Mario: Luigi, pull yourself together! No one is going to find out about this! We're buried deep underground, not a single soul would even think to-
Toad: Oh, hiya, guys! Fancy meeting you here. What are you doing...OH MY GOSH, MURDERERS! MURDERERS! Somebody call the po-lice! Aah, we've got demons on our hands!
Mario: Like I said, not a single soul will find out about this!
- This Is Gonna Suck: In "Home Alone", Wario and Waluigi enter a room in Bowser's Castle that smells like kerosene, which makes Waluigi wonder why. When a Bob-Omb shows up, Wario says "Why?" before it detonates.
- This Is Reality: Nearly lampshaded in "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion" when Spike runs into Yoshi, who's spooked by a possessed Toadsworth:Yoshi: I only thought that stuff happened in the movies, BUT IT'S REAL!
Spike: You know, that is one of my biggest pet peeves. You...phht...you really think this is real life? HA! You do realize we're in...aw, screw it. I hate Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- Three... Two... One...: In "Koopa The Quick Saves The Day?", Peach is able to predict exactly when Bowser will kidnap her and Mario will rescue her by counting down.
- Tie-In Cereal: Invoked. In "Luigi's Friday The 13th", Luigi's story begins with him getting ready to have a bowl of "Luigi O's" cereal.
- Too Much Information: In "Let's Kill Luma", when Luma crashes into Mario's house:Luigi: Goomba turds! Ugh, what the Bob-Omb's fuse was that?! Sorry for my language.
Mario: That definitely wasn't me taking an explosive poop.
- Training from Hell: Deconstructed in "Bowser's Minion Academy". When Bowser is tired of his minions failing to defeat the Mario Bros., he hires Kamek to put them through rigorous training montages in the hopes of strengthening them. However, a week's worth of harsh training only lowers the morale of the minions, leading to them either dying, being reduced to weakened states, or defecting from the Koopa Troop, which makes Bowser force Kamek to become a minion.
- Two-Faced Aside: In "Episode 1-6 - Voyage to Yoshi's Island" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Boo gets the idea to possess Bowser so they can catch up to the helicopter that Mario and Donkey Kong stole from him. When Bowser asks if it'll hurt, Boo tells him it won't, but then whispers to the audience that it will.
- Unexplained Recovery: Characters who die in a video usually show up in the next one completely fine. Subverted in the Toadsworth Mansion trilogy, where it's revealed that a curse brings them back to life to continue the cycle.
- Unusual Euphemism: In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", Toadsworth congratulates Donkey Kong and Diddy for rescuing Peach, saying that she'd still be in Bowser's Castle "getting tally-hoed" if it wasn't for their efforts. He them asks them if that's what the kids are calling it these days.
- Vacation Episode: "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma" involves Mario and Luigi taking a vacation to Isle Delfino at the same time as Bowser and they try to sneak into his room when they think he kidnapped Peach.
- Vocal Dissonance: Mario sounds more like Mickey Mouse in the videos than how his voice normally sounds in the games, which is lampshaded in one video.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In "Wario's Robbed", Wario buys a winter pom-pom hat that he later claims was stolen by somebody. Who stole it, why it was stolen, and if Wario ever got it back or not is left unanswered.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: In "Boo's Death Sentence", Boo briefly pauses the filming of her chapter of the Mushroom Kingdom Storybook to complain about a typo in the script.Boo: Dinner?! It's supposed to read "sinner"! "Who was this disgraceful sinner?" Who even prints these books?!
- Whole-Plot Reference: "Home Alone" to the film of the same name.
- Who's on First?: In "Toadsworth's House of Horrors", when Mario encounters Boo in a dark room:Mario: Who are you?
Boo: I am... [the lights turn on] Boo!
Mario: AAAAAAAAH! But what's your name?
Boo: Um... Boo.
Mario: DAAAAAH! Stop scaring me! Just tell me your name!
Boo: No, retard, my name's Boo!
Mario: Ohhhhhhhh. AAAAAH!
- Yank the Dog's Chain: In "Episode 2-4 - The Creature From The Egg" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Waluigi is depressed that no one seemed to care about his birthday when he receives a letter in the mail. He hopes it's a birthday card, but it turns out to be a jury duty summons.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: "A StacheBros Christmas Carol" is a mostly faithful retelling of the Charles Dickens story, but with Mario characters and the occasional jokes added in.