StacheBros is a series of plush videos based on the Super Mario Bros. franchise that was created in 2009. The channel can be found here.
StacheBros contains examples of:
- Accidental Kidnapping: In "Our Princess Is In Another Castle", Kamek accidentally kidnaps Rosalina instead of Peach because his glasses haven't been cleaned recently, which gets him chewed out by Bowser.
- Accidental Misnaming: In "Home Alone", Waluigi refers to Bowser Jr. as Nigel at one point. When Wario is confused by this, Waluigi explains he never bothered to learn the kid's name.
- Adaptational Jerkass: Mario is much more abrasive than his canon counterpart, what with him constantly quarreling with his brother Luigi, occasionally getting irritated with rescuing Peach, and having a deep hatred for Diddy.
- All Just a Dream:
- "Yoshi's Story OF DEATH!!!!" turns out to be a nightmare that Bowser had from eating 1-UPs before bed.
- "Night Of The Living Goomba" turns out to be one of Mario's dreams inside one of Luigi's dreams inside one of Bowser's nightmares from eating 1-UPs before bed (the reveal of which reuses footage from "Yoshi's Story OF DEATH!!!!").
- "Toadsworth's Funeral" turns out to be a dream Peach had after passing out from forgetting to take her medication. Apparently, she also said the things she said in her dream out loud in her sleep.
- Angrish: Lampshaded in "Home Alone" when Waluigi grunts like Harry does in the movie after Bowser Jr. drops a Thwomp on him and Wario. When Wario asks him what he's doing, he explains that he's using made-up words to make it sound like he's swearing, to which Wario tells him to stop.
- April Fools' Plot: Played With in "Wario's Maypril Fools Day". After chugging an entire bottle of whiskey at an intense party in March, Wario blacks out through the entire month of April. When he asks Waluigi what the date is, he tells him that it's the first of May. However, because Wario's still hungover from the party, he misinterprets it as April Fools' Day and decides to pull pranks on the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Mario and Luigi come across a pile of dead Goombas:
Luigi: What we are seeing here is quite possibly the worst thing ever! Look what we have done! Forget about killing a lot of Goombas, we've killed hundreds! Thousands!! Millions!!! TENS!!!
Mario: Um, counting doesn't work that way, but I know!
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption:
- In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", when Mario assassinates the King in Wario's body:
Next! You'll be in charge of- Mario: Kicking your ass! [swings his hammer and knocks Wario's head off]
- In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Mario and Luigi are exploring the underground tunnels:
Mario: I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit spooked right now.
Luigi: Mario, you think this is scary? This is a walk in a park, a bundle of joy, A PILE OF DEAD GOOMBAS! [cut to reveal Goomba corpses piled up] AAAAAH!!!
- Autocannibalism: In "Yoshi Eats His Friends", to prevent himself from eating anyone else, Yoshi resorts to eating himself.
- In "Luigi's Friday The 13th", during Luigi's story:
I was wondering why I was getting such bad luck, and then, it hit me! [a ball of crumpled up paper hits Luigi, he uncrumples it to reveal...] Luigi:
Bingo night! No, that couldn't be it. And then, it hit Mario. [another ball of crumpled up paper hits Mario] Luigi:
Friday the 13th!
- In "Goomba's Revenge", after Goomba ends up getting a chain instead of a gun for killing Mario:
So, now I had to rethink my plan, having the minor setback of dying three times during the process, and then, it hit me! [beat]
A knife. [Goomba gets shanked by a knife]
So I died.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment:
- In "Who Killed Toadsworth?", when Toadsworth introduces his guests at his birthday party:
Now, as you know, I'm a killer... [everyone screams] Toadsworth:
...when it comes to throwing parties. Everyone:
But that's besides the point. I will murder... [everyone gasps] Toadsworth:
...your tastebuds when you try my delectable Salisbury steak! (to the camera)
I had a lot of fun making this one. Now, [holds up a knife]
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO... [everyone screams] Toadsworth: ...I will cut the first piece of steak. Everyone:
- In the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Luigi tries to talk Toadsworth out of charging him for Mario's de-paperization operation:
Toadsworth: Look, you two have done a lot for our kingdom, and for that, I truly owe you, so you've got to realize that... I feel no guilt not helping you ever.
Luigi: You mean it?!
Toadsworth: That's right!
Luigi: Well, we're screwed.
- In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", after Donkey Kong shows up accusing Mario of stealing the Great Banana:
Hey, look, an old man. Toadsworth: Oh. My. Gosh. [in an increasingly angry tone]
In all my years of living, I have never
... [in a joyful tone]
HAD SUCH A GREAT IDEA!
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Mario and Luigi discover a pile of Goomba corpses underground, they feel immense guilt for killing them and Mario wishes they never died. Unfortunately, Mario's wish being granted leads to him and Luigi being chased by a horde of zombified Goombas.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: In "Our Princess Is In Another Castle", Kamek kidnaps Rosalina by mistake and holds her hostage at Bowser's Castle, lying to her that it's a hotel. However, because she's so polite, he's forced to tell her the truth and she responds by blowing up Bowser's Castle.
- Berserk Button: Stealing the Great Banana is one for Donkey Kong, as Goomba and Toadsworth find out the hard way in "Super Donkey Kong Bros".
- Big "NO!":
- Toadsworth has one in "Toadsworth's Spontaneous Back Problems" when he discovers his ointment is missing.
- Luigi has this reaction in "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!" when he learns that Bowser is the Santa at the store.
- Brick Joke: In "Home Alone", Spike finds it suspicious that Old Man Toadsworth is salting the ground outside of Bowser's Castle because he believes it never snows in a lava keep like theirs. No points for guessing what happens near the end of the video.
- Bring My Brown Pants:
- In "Night Of The Living Goomba", Luigi says he needs to change his pants after hearing the roar of a zombified Goomba.
- In "Let's Kill Luma", Mario craps his pants after the Comet Observatory crashes on his front yard.
- By "No", I Mean "Yes": In the Super Mario episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Peach arrives at Mario and Luigi's house during one of their arguments:
Uh...I didn't come at a bad time, did I? Luigi:
Oh, no, no, you didn't come at a bad time- [record needle scratch]
You came at the worst time possible, you stupid pink flamingo!
- Cassandra Truth: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", Peasley doesn't believe Mario and his friends when they tell him that none of them are possessed by the King until the King himself announces his return in Wario's body. None of them are amused by this and they throw him off a cliff for trying to kill them.
- Comically Missing the Point:
- In "A StacheBros Christmas Carol", when Bowser Scrooge asks Wario Marley why he's returned as a ghost:
Wario: I am here to warn you. You still have a chance of escaping my fate!
Bowser: I'm gonna be fat?!
Wario: No! The chains! You still have a chance to resist the discomfort! And you're just as fat as I am.
- In "Episode 2-1 - The Typical Mario Beginning" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", after Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser:
What are we gonna do? Mario:
Hmm, I don't know, Bowser, the ruler of his own castle
, just stole the princess. Wherever could he be? Luigi:
Hmm. Maybe he's in Canada. I like Canada. Mario: [slamming Luigi into a wall]
No, Luigi, we're going to Bowser's Castle!
- In "The Curse Of Toadsworth Mansion", when Peasley first asks who the King is, Mario tells him that they don't know where King Toadstool is. When Peasley clarifies that Toadstool isn't the King he's after, Donkey Kong thinks Peach has two fathers.
- In "Home Alone", when Wario realizes that Bowser Jr. is the only one inside Bowser's Castle:
I think we just got scammed by a kindeygartner. Waluigi:
Am I supposed to be impressed? I only have a preschool education!
This is normal! Kindergartners are like Einstein to me! Uh...that's a smart guy, right? Did I speak well?
- Counting to Potato: In "Donkey Kong Presents: How to be Dumb":
Donkey Kong: Today, I will be teaching you three easy steps — count 'em; 5, 10, 3 — on how to be the most retarded, mindless idiot! Like me!
- *Crack!* "Oh, My Back!": The main conflict of "Toadsworth's Spontaneous Back Problems" is Toadsworth constantly breaking his back to the point where he can't even stand up.
- Cruel Twist Ending:
- In "Toadsworth's Spontaneous Back Problems", after Donkey Kong fixes Toadsworth's back, Toadsworth goes home to take his ointment, only to find out it has mysteriously disappeared (though in "The Day Super Mario Died", it's revealed that Mario stole it as a prank). And then, his back breaks again.
- In "Wario's Robbed", Wario thinks Waluigi robbed him of his billion dollars, but it turns out Waluigi was just depositing it all in Gold Toad Bank. Wario is relieved that his money is safe and sound, but then the events of "The Day Super Mario Died" begin with Bowser robbing the bank.
- Curse Cut Short:
- In "Goomba's Revenge", when Goomba finds Mario asleep:
Goomba: Hey, you, mustache! Take this, motherf-
[cut to a reader holding the Mushroom Kingdom Storybook]
Reader: What's this? The effin' last page is ripped out!
- In "A StacheBros Christmas Carol", when Mario Cratchit declares Bowser Scrooge the founder of the feast:
Ugh, that guy makes me so mad! If he were here, I'd take a big stick AND SHOVE IT IN HIS- Mario:
Calm down, calm down, I was only gonna say "piehole"
Ohhhhh. Wait, what?
- In "Mario's Magical Mirror", when an alternate Waluigi catches Mario trying to sneak 1-UPs past the mirror:
Mario: Drat! I forgot I always carry 1-UPs!
Waluigi: Then I guess you're going to jail, bucker-tucker-rucker-fu...oh, wait...buckaroo!
- In "Bowser Junior's Time Out", when Bowser Jr. catches his father having sex with Peach in his bedroom:
Bowser Jr.: Ew! Dad, why are you playing footsies with Peach's belly button?
Peach: No, Junior, that's not my belly button, it's my-
- In "Home Alone", when Bowser Jr. asks Spike for help with packing his suitcase:
Spike: I wouldn't help you if you were GROWING ON MY-
Goomba: That's what you were gonna say, right?
- Dark Reprise: "Wii Shop One Last Time" turns Luigi's song about the Wii Shop Channel from "Luigi Time!!!" and turns it into a somber piece lamenting the discontinuation of the service in January 30, 2019.
- A Day in the Limelight: The Mushroom Kingdom Storybook contains stories from some of the supporting characters.
- Deadpan Snarker: Luigi usually has something snarky to say.
- Demonic Possession: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", Toadsworth gets possessed by the spirit of Prince Peasley II, who plans to end his curse by assassinating the King. Later in the video, Wario also gets possessed by the spirit of the King.
- Derailed Train of Thought: "Toadsworth's Tale" starts out on-topic with Toadsworth sharing his story, but when he gets to the part where he accidentally burns his birth certificate with his good looks, the story loses focus when he talks about accidentally burning his great uncle (again, with his good looks), ignoring his jury duty sentence, and wanting to become an English professor after using an alliteration.
- Didn't Think This Through: In "Bowser Loses His Memory", Bowser tries to get rid of Mario by flushing him down a toilet, but Goomba reminds him that Mario is a plumber and he could easily find his way out of the pipes. He makes the same mistake in "Petey Piranha Gets Kicked Out".
- Even Evil Has Standards: In "Home Alone", Wario is a little disturbed to hear that Waluigi planned on stabbing Bowser Jr.'s eyes with sharpened candy canes.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: In "The Day Super Mario Died":
Being dead's great! So what if a condor bit your head off? Mario:
Yeah, I know, it's bad- [record needle scratch]
What? Condor? Boo:
Yeah, and that forest shark ate the rest of you! Mario:
What? No, I got pushed off a cliff by Luigi. Boo:
What, that stupid hill? You couldn't have... oh, no. Mario:
Luigi made it all up. Which means... you're alive! And that means... Mario:
All those pranks were... Both:
- Felony Misdemeanor: In the Super Mario episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Peach sentences Luigi to 20 years in the dungeon for insulting her. However, in the Wii Party episode, she decides to set him free for good behavior.
- Fireball Eyeballs: In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", when Diddy accuses Goomba of stealing the Great Banana to make Donkey Kong whale on him, Donkey Kong's eyes turn into flames.
- Forgotten Birthday: In "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros - The Stachey Sequel", the only people who seem to care about Waluigi's birthday are the Mario Bros., but the only thing they do to celebrate is give him some bubble wrap as a gift.
- Funny Phone Misunderstanding: In the Super Smash Bros. episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Luigi calls to get his Wii repaired after Mario broke it, he has to clarify "No, my Nintendo Wii!".
- Go-Karting with Bowser: In "Nintendo Card Game", Mario and Luigi play a friendly game of Go Fish with Bowser.
- Hope Spot: In "Koopa and the Three Tasks", after Koopa (aka Eh) loses everything from years of working for Bowser (aka Ugly Monster), he realizes he has nothing left to lose, which gives him the confidence to attempt the Three Impossibly Impossible Triumphs of Harditude. While making his way the Sacred Hall of the Three Impossibly Impossible Triumphs of Harditude, he thinks he feels his tap dancing ability coming back, so he tap dances his way over there. And then...he suddenly collapses dead on the floor.
- Hypocritical Humor: In "Night Of The Living Goomba", when Luigi notices that he and Mario have been killing a lot of Goombas:
You would think that Bowser would take a hint and maybe hire better minions to serve on the front lines. Luigi:
Or at least enhance them or something. Maybe give them some arms. Or a menacing goatee. Steroids can do wonders these days. Mario:
Are you suggesting they do drugs? Luigi:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! No! Who do you think I am?! Drugs are bad for you! Luigi frowns upon drugs! Do you have any Mushrooms on you? Mario:
Yeah, here's one. Luigi:
- Instructional Film: Parodied with "Donkey Kong Presents: How to be Dumb", in which Donkey Kong teaches the audience how to be stupid like him.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: A Running Gag in "Boo's Death Sentence" has Goomba commenting that Boo as a living being looked like a guy (more specifically, a regular male Toad wearing a bow).
- Meaningful Rename: In "Koopa and the Three Tasks", after Koopa (aka Handsome Shy Turtle) becomes uglier and loses his ability to tap dance from years of working for Bowser (aka Ugly Monster), he deems himself so much of a loser that he changes his name to Eh.
- Meat-O-Vision: In "Yoshi Eats His Friends", when a hungry Yoshi discovers there's no food in the house, his hallucinations cause him to see Mario and Luigi as food.
- Mistaken for Gay: In "Wario The Greedy", Wario attempts to steal Mario's wallet while he's in bed, but Mario wakes up and says "I didn't know you were gay, too". When Wario is confused by this, Mario reveals he's sleeping with Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Toadsworth, Bowser, and Luigi.
- Mistaken for Thief: In "Wario's Robbed", after Wario and Waluigi amass a billion dollars, Waluigi takes all of it with him after Wario tells him about the possibilities of having so much money. Wario is sad thinking Waluigi robbed him, but it turns out Waluigi was just depositing the money into a bank account.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- In the Wii Photo Channel episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Luigi feels guilt over accidentally shooting his brother Mario, so he decides to relieve stress by playing more Wii.
- In the Paper Mario episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Luigi realizes that the injuries he inflicted on Mario have put him in a paper coma, Luigi realizes how selfish he's been and wishes for Mario's de-paperization operation to be successful.
- Noodle Implements: In "Wario's Maypril Fools Day", when Wario believes it's April Fools' Day after Waluigi tells him that it's the first of May, Wario goes off to find someone who has rubber, a chainsaw, and 50,000 paperclips.
- One-Person Birthday Party: In "Episode 2-4 - The Creature From The Egg" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Waluigi is introduced alone at his birthday party, depressed that no one bothered to celebrate his birthday.
- Out-of-Context Eavesdropping: In "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma", Mario and Luigi hear Bowser from their hotel room being happy together and having everything he's ever wanted, making them think he kidnapped Peach somehow. They break into his room to confront him, but it turns out he was only talking about his jacuzzi.
- Overly Long Scream: In "Mario & Luigi's Delfino Dilemma", Luigi is so afraid of flying in planes that he screams through most of the flight to and from Isle Delfino, much to Mario's annoyance.
- Parody Commercial: "1-UPS Commercial" has Wario advertising 1-UPs, which are represented as drugs with resurrecting properties.
- Re-Cut: An extended cut of "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!" can be found on the alternate channel, StacheBrosTWO.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: In "Episode 2-10 - Bravo Bowser" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Mario gives one to Bowser when both of them are trapped in a pit filled with explosives.
You have no faith in yourself, do you? You already know this is gonna end how it always does! You were searching for an heir because you know that in a few minutes, I will win and you will lose. Only this time, there's no relief, no 1-UPs. Your body will be nothing but ash. Bravo, Bowser!
You've stunned the audience again! Admitting defeat? That's just rich!
- Rocky Roll Call: In "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion", when Mario finds everyone in the basement:
Mario: What the... Spike? Yoshi?
Spike: Red Stache?
- Running Gag:
- If Mario and Diddy are in a video together, Mario will usually express his hatred towards Diddy somehow.
- Luigi addressing that Wario wears eyeliner in "Super Donkey Kong Bros".
- Russian Reversal: In the Mario Sports Mix episode of "Luigi Time!!!", when Mario remembers all the times Luigi asked for the Nintendo 3DS:
Luigi: In Soviet Russia, Nintendo 3DS want Luigi!
- Self-Deprecation: In "Mario & Luigi's Paper Jam", when Mario and Luigi find out their printer is blocked up by Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Luigi asks if he should sing about it and Mario says that would be stupid.
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: In the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Luigi receives a very expensive bill for Mario's de-paperization operation and tries to convince Toadsworth not to charge them for it to no avail. However, after Luigi deals with a Boo infestation in the hospital, Toadsworth decides to let them go free of charge.
- In "Episode 1-6 - Voyage to Yoshi's Island" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", when Mario and Donkey Kong are interrogating Wario for a vehicle to get to Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong gets him to cooperate by offering him a Scooby Snack.
- In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", when Mario senses Peach being kidnapped by Bowser, he says "My Mario senses are tingling."
- Shut Up and Save Me!: In "Episode 2-9 - Separate Ways" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", while Luigi and Bowser discuss Bowser Jr.'s uselessness, Bowser Jr., who's hanging off a ledge, points out he could still die and desperately asks for someone to rescue him. It's not until after Luigi goes on a rant after Bowser gets his name wrong and knocks Bowser into the pit that someone listens to him.
- Sibling Rivalry: The Central Theme of all 3 seasons of "Luigi Time!!!".
- In the first season, Luigi accidentally shoots Mario when he startles him while playing his Wii, which causes Mario to retaliate against him. Mario tries to forgive Luigi by giving him Wii Sports, but he forgets he forgave him and has everyone gang up on him. Mario tries to forgive Luigi again by playing Wii Sports Resort together, but he gets too caught up in the moment and hurts him again by pushing him off a ledge. Mario tries to forgive Luigi a third time with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but this time, his forgiveness is genuine and they make up.
- In the second season, Luigi becomes jealous of Mario for stealing his spotlight and lashes out at Peach when they laugh at him, which gets him sentenced to 20 years in the dungeon. Peach sets him free 3 weeks later for good behavior, but Mario is still mad at him for insulting Peach and destroys his Wii in retaliation. After Luigi defeats Mario in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario has enough of their fighting and decides to leave Luigi for good. Peach tasks Luigi to get back together with Mario in exchange for Mario Kart Wii, and after talking Mario out of committing suicide, Luigi apologizes to his brother and they make up again.
- In the third season, Luigi gets mad at Mario for not getting him a Nintendo 3DS for his birthday like he wanted, and when he finds out that Mario has been keeping one for himself, he injures him so badly that he turns into paper and falls into a coma. After Luigi realizes the damage he's done, he wishes that Mario's operation is successful and when his wish is granted, he apologizes to his brother and they make up for a third time.
- Sick Episode: In "Super Donkey Kong Bros", Koopa spreads his illness to Mario and Luigi during one of their princess rescuing adventures, leaving them sick in hospital beds. With them out of commission, Toadsworth gets the idea to have Donkey Kong and Diddy rescue Peach in their places.
- Squee!: In the Super Mario 3D Land episode of "Luigi Time!!!", Luigi gets so excited over finally getting his Nintendo 3DS that his heart stops (luckily Toadsworth saves him with a defibrillator), and when he finds out Mario has been playing Super Mario 3D Land on it, he lets out a scream of joy.
- Stating the Simple Solution: In "Bowser Junior's Time Out", Bowser Jr.'s plan to get his Barbie Future Dictator of the World set from his father's bedroom was to learn how to dig a hole to China and come back at the other side of the door. Koopa tells him he could've just opened the door since it probably wasn't locked, which is something Junior didn't realize until 3 hours of digging.
- Stealth Prequel: "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros - The Stachey Sequel" turns out to take place before the events of Super Mario Sunshine.
- Suddenly Voiced: In "Episode 2-7 - The Scheme Unravels" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Mehing Coyote is suddenly able to speak English beyond saying "Meh!" as a tailor.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:
- In "Nintendo Card Game", when Toadsworth doesn't understand how to play Go Fish:
Luigi: Could somebody get this guy's meds?
Mario: I didn't steal them! I mean...yeah, someone get 'em.
- In "Home Alone", after Wario tells Bowser Jr. he's not gonna hurt him, Waluigi claims he's not planning to stab Junior's eyes with sharpened candy canes until he bleeds mint.
- Swapped Roles: In "Luigi's Evil!?!", Luigi and Bowser decide to disguise themselves as each other to see just how hard their respective lives really are.
- Take That!:
- In "Episode 1-5 - Good VS Evil" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Toadsworth yells at Hannah Montana on his TV and tries to change the channel thinking his remote is broken.
- In "The Year Luigi Stopped Believing In Santa Claus!":
Toadsworth: Our story begins in a low-budget superstore. That's right, Walmart!
- Another jab at Walmart comes from "Mario's Suckish Valentines" when Mario is forced to buy crummy flowers there after Bowser takes the box of chocolates Mario planned to give to Peach.
- This Is Reality: Nearly lampshaded in "The Curse of Toadsworth Mansion" when Spike runs into Yoshi, who's spooked by a possessed Toadsworth:
I only thought that stuff happened in the movies, BUT IT'S REAL! Spike:
You know, that is one of my biggest pet peeves. You...phht...you really think this is real life? HA! You do realize we're in...aw, screw it. I hate Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Whole Plot Reference: "Home Alone" to the film of the same name.
- Who's on First?: In "Toadsworth's House of Horrors", when Mario encounters Boo in a dark room:
Mario: Who are you?
Boo: I am... [the lights turn on] Boo!
Mario: AAAAAAAAH! But what's your name?
Boo: Um... Boo.
Mario: DAAAAAH! Stop scaring me! Just tell me your name!
Boo: No, retard, my name's Boo!
Mario: Ohhhhhhhh. AAAAAH!
- Yank the Dog's Chain: In "Episode 2-4 - The Creature From The Egg" of "Mario & Luigi! Stache Bros", Waluigi is depressed that no one seemed to care about his birthday when he receives a letter in the mail. He hopes it's a birthday card, but it turns out to be a jury duty summons.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: "A StacheBros Christmas Carol" is a mostly faithful retelling of the Charles Dickens story, but with Mario characters and the occasional jokes added in.