Spooked is a web series produced by Geek & Sundry. It is a Paranormal Investigation comedy series about the Paranormal Investigation Team ("P.I.T." for short), a group of ghost hunters who travel around the country and help people deal with occult situations. The team members are:
- Connor (Julian Curtis), the team leader
- Morgan (Ashley Johnson), the team's psychic and occultist
- Lindsey (Neil Grayston), the team's tech expert
- Elliot (Derek Mio), the team's ghost hunter
- Piper (Shyloh Oostwald), Connor's little sister and the team's "secret weapon" who can talk to ghosts
Tropes associated with Spooked are:
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Lindsey. While being consistently skeptical about the existence of ghosts and often trying to find alternative explanations, he strongly believes that aliens are real.
- Bedsheet Ghost: Episode 3. More bedsheet than ghost, as it turns out.
- Break Them by Talking: The demon in Episode 4 tries this with the P.I.T. members, The Exorcist style.
- Creepy Child: Piper.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Piper is quiet, always dresses in black and can talk to the dead. However, she is a genuinely nice child who helps the team in their work.
- Dead All Along: Matt, in Episode 3, is really a ghost who has been trying to snap his brother out of the delusion that he is the one who's a ghost.
- Demonic Possession: Episode 4.
- Fan Boy: Elliot. He is constantly referencing pop culture, mostly sci-fi and horror movies and seems to base his ghosthunting methods on them. Oddly enough, he is also familiar with The Notebook.
- Hollywood Exorcism: Played straight throughout Episode 4.
- Insult Backfire:Morgan: You're a little weird.Elliot: Thank you.
- I See Dead People: Morgan and Piper (Piper in particular).
- Lipstick Lesbian: Carol and D.J. (Dichen Lachman and Alison Haislip, respectively) in Episode 1.
- Love Triangle
- Not a Date: In Episode 2, Connor and Morgan have been to lunch together. She thought it was meant as a date, but he thought it was just a lunch between friends.
- Ouija Board: Episode 1. Morgan considers it a spiritual safety hazard.
- Poltergeist: The one in Episode 1 which haunts Donna and Carol. It sat on a bed once, threw furniture around, turned the TV on to static and stacked objects randomly.
- The Quiet One: Piper. In the first episode, she is practically a mute, but she speaks more and more as the series progresses, culminating in her reciting a Bible passage as part of an exorcism in Episode 4.
- Skeptic No Longer: Lindsey leans towards this throughout the series.
- The Stinger: While the first three episodes all had promos for the next episode play during the credits, the post-credit scene of the final episode shows Connor's ex Amanda, possessed by a demon, say "Wait till they get a load of me".
- Tinfoil Hat: Elliot makes a bunch of them in Episode 2.
- Unfinished Business: The ghosts in Episodes 1 and 3.
- Who You Gonna Call?