A YouTuber that became infamous for his "Boneless Pizza" video, which became a meme sensation overnight on social media.
- Accidental Hero: When the banker comes to Baku's house to repo from him for not paying off his loans, Yung Cash Register comes in with a literal bucket of money. While going off about something else, the banker takes the bucket of cash and leaves, allowing Baku to finally pay it off. Yung Cash Register doesn't mind since he's absentminded and he's got more where that came from anyway.
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: A video game adaptation of Cars on the PlayStation Portable does exist in real life.
- ...And 99¢: Baku owes the United Bank of Money: Hella Bread... and 17 cents.
- Back from the Dead:
- Baku somehow convinces Microsoft support to bring Steve Jobs in the call so that Baku can get his "stolen" gamertag.
- Dr. Mario near-instantly revives after Baku YEETs him.
- Badass in Distress: Baku is arrested by the police fish at the end of "No License".
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In "Ain't Playing Games", when Baku and Yung Cash Register are threatened by Roger at gunpoint, Baku says that he can't shoot it because they're still images. Yung Cash Register also tells that he's going to take the money on the next frame.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: In one stream when he was browsing the Internet, one of his quick links is to PornHub. Sethical immediately points this out before anyone else can make fun of him and freely admits to watching porn because everyone watches porn.
- Character Development: As the series progresses, Baku gets used to Yung Cash Register hanging around with him, leading to him being more civil with him and eventually hanging out with him.
- Comically Missing the Point:
- Baku mentions that he's got the iPhone X, and intends to get the iPhone 8, even though he might as well not since he already has the iPhone X, which has more features. A Running Gag is that he keeps buying iPhones to be caught up on the latest trend.
- Darkest Hour: In "No License", Baku's yeet fails when the police fish manage to escape from it and arrest him, and Lil' Broomstick calls a friend to give him a ride instead of helping Baku.
- Deadpan Snarker: Baku, especially in regards to Yung Cash Register.Yung Cash Register: [Name's] Yung Cash Register, AKA Little Broomstick.
Baku: Little Bullshit.Yung Cash Register: [calls Baku] Hey, you know what I need?
Baku: You need to get off my line.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Baku finally gets his order of boneless pizza in "Something Ain't Right".
- Easily Forgiven:
- Foreshadowing: In "Ain't Playing Games", as Baku shows Roger his used games, Roger snarks that he's glad he came to work strappednote . At the end, it turns out he wasn't kidding.
- Exact Words: Multiple cases:Baku: If it ain't got any bones in it, it's BONELESS.Baku: What the fuck is gluten? Take that shit out!Bread Clerk: [The bread's] gluten-free.Baku: I don't care if it's free.
- Bank Bill works at the United Bank of Money note and also at the Bread Bank.
- Hot-Blooded: Baku is not hesitant to get into a fight and will stop at nothing to get what he wants (whether he eventually gets it or not).
- Incoming Ham: In both versions of "Back For The BREAD".Bank Bill: Where's that goddamn MONEY?
- Insane Troll Logic: Bank Bill seems to believe that if one turns on one's oven and opens it up, then the surrounding heat will somehow go inside the oven. Even Baku, who's seen and done some bizarre things in the series, himself, and is no stranger to such logic, calls it out as stupid. Bank Bill argues that it's 'PEMDAS or some shit and that it would apparently "cancel out." Keep in mind, helping with issues such as these is literally his job, as Baku points out.
- Insistent Terminology: Lois identifies as genderflux. Please use the pronoun "ze".
- Intimidating Revenue Service: Bank Bill barges into Baku's house and is ready to shoot him if he doesn't pay the bill he owes.
- Jerkass: Baku when he's ordering food. Also, he successfully robbed a person's Xbox account because they used his name for their gamertag.
- Long-Lost Relative: Yung Cash Register? He's Baku's great-uncle's eighth cousin's roommate.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Baku's YEET makes the person he shouted to disappear.
- One-Hit Kill: The aforementioned YEET.
- Only Sane Man:
- Baku, at least until he starts ordering food.
- Tobi, who responds rather realistically to Baku.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner:
- Roger, when Yung Cash Register changes his mind about selling him the valuable Cars on PSP copy. Subverted in that he's the one who gets his ass kicked.Roger: [pulls out guns on Baku and Yung Cash Register] This GameStop... but I ain't playin' games.
- Roger, when Yung Cash Register changes his mind about selling him the valuable Cars on PSP copy. Subverted in that he's the one who gets his ass kicked.
- Precision F-Strike:Baku: SWEAR TO YEEZY, YOU AIN'T FUCKING AROUND ON MY iPHONE 5 BATTERY!
Yung Cash Register: ...You don't like the song?
Baku: Hell the fuck no!
Yung Cash Register: [clicks tongue] Fuck outta here [B]. You got no sauce, no paper, no clout, no juice! I wasn't fucking with you in the first place, vro.
Baku: GET THE FUCK ON
Baku: YAINT SHIT FOR NOTHING!
- Rapid-Fire Comedy
- Running Gag:
- Baku calling up a restaurant and asking if it's a similar restaurant, but decides that it's close enough.Baku: Ay, Chick-fil-a?
Tobi: [works at Popeyes] ...
Baku: Aight, whatever, y'all deliver?
Baku: Yo, Jimmy John's?
Lois: [works at Subway] No?
Baku: AIGHT UNDERSTANDABLE. I'll have uh...
- Baku starting an episode talking about how he's bought a new iPhone.
- Baku calling up a restaurant and asking if it's a similar restaurant, but decides that it's close enough.
- Self-Deprecation: Sethical himself is vegan, and he's poked fun at it by having Baku be vegan Up to Eleven.
- The main character is Aku Aku from Crash Bandicoot.
- The pizza guy from "Boneless Pizza" is Schnitzel from Chowder.
- The Popeye's server is Tobi from Naruto.
- One of Baku's friends is Ash's Squirtle. For a while, Sethical's icon was also an Ampharos.
- The banker is Hank Hill.
- The Subway worker is Lois from Family Guy... wearing a mask.
- The customer that Baku serves late at the deli section is Grim.
- The server who quits is Binky Barnes from Arthur.
- The worker at Nike is Agent P from Phineas and Ferb.
- Yung Cash Register is Dr. Phil's face on a green M&M, which was already a memetic image before his usage in Sethical's videos.
- The Vegan Sandwich employee is Katz from Courage the Cowardly Dog.
- The "boneless X" joke was a meme a few years before the videos started.
- Some of the phones are TI-84s, a popular type of graphing calculator that American schools often use or recommend using, especially as of The New '10s.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: With Sensory Abuse. Certain videos have a extreme sound discrepancy due to video process errors.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: After winning a Grammy, Yung Cash Register decides to chill with Baku at his place.
- Up to Eleven: Baku wants "no meat, no cheese... no vegetables" on his sandwich and chicken biscuit. Tobi lampshades that this means there's nothing in the food, but Baku argues that there's still biscuit (or perhaps bread in the sandwich case), despite the fact that he could just order a regular biscuit instead of a chicken biscuit.
- Vocal Dissonance: Most if not all the characters don't sound like how they're actually supposed to sound. For example, Schnitzel has a wimpy voice, Lois has an androgynous high-pitched voice, Grim doesn't have a Jamaican accent and has the voice of a young man, and so on.
- The Worf Effect: In "No License", Baku yeets the purple cop fish. It turns out that he yeets his victims into another dimension, which the purple and yellow cop fishes are able to escape from. They arrest Baku at the end of the episode.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Binky has heard about Baku and the bullshit he's been pulling with other restaurants, but instead of using it to anticipate how he may react and behaving accordingly, Binky automatically has "no time for these games" and rage-quits even though Baku is fairly calm (for what he usually is) when he makes mistakes while making his order.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: At Subway, Baku almost gets his order... until he calls Lois, "ma'am". Ze's not happy about it.Lois: Will that be all?
Baku: That's all, thank you, ma'am.
Lois: Um, excuse? Did you just assume my gender?
- Your Mom: