Seriesly is an online review show created by Rick Desilets that focuses on examining popular film franchises one entry at a time, to see their evolution over time. The show was announced on The D-Pad's YouTube channel May 29, 2015, and revealed with the first video that it would begin by exploring the James Bond franchise. Seriesly is credited as a Two-Bit Pictures production.
Seriesly can be watched on The D-Pad's YouTube channel here.
- Dr. No (feat. Casino Royale (1954))
- From Russia with Love
- Goldfinger (feat. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. 1964)
Provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Every review begins with a parody of the infamous Bond Gun Barrel.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: What Rick considers Bond's missing hat in Thunderball. He stops just short of invoking it by name.
- Caustic Critic: Rick was not a fan of Thunderball, especially after hailing Goldfinger as a nearly perfect Bond film that could compete with films today.
- Cliffhanger: The Thunderball review ends with The Reveal that Ben is suing Rick.
- Cover Version: Episode outros starting with From Russia with Love feature members of the The D-Pad team performing (usually) parodies of the films' theme songs.
- Mood Whiplash: There is a distinct tonal shift between the reviews of Goldfinger and Thunderball.
- Moral Event Horizon: What Rick considers the Rape Portrayed as Redemption subplot of Goldfinger. He's too disgusted to even talk about the Unfortunate Implications of Bond's hypothesis that he "must have appealed to [Pussy Galore's] maternal instincts" to cause her HeelFace Turn.
- Official Couple: The From Russia with Love review is set against Rick and co-reviewer Sarah's actual second anniversary.
- One-Word Title
- Portmantitle: The show's title is a Portmanteau of "series" and "seriously". This had to be explained to the show's first commenter.
- The Reveal: The one suing Rick for failing to give proper credit... is Ben.
- Running Gag: After watching the Climax! version of Casino Royale, Rick falls asleep at even the mention of baccarat.
- M's office is constantly full of pot smoke after Moneypenny describes their efforts in Dr. No as "burning the air between here and Jamaica".
- The Stoner: M, of all people.
- Wham Line: "I'm being sued by Ben?!"