Mills Kohai' is a commentator on YouTube who started her channel in 2012. While she has been kicking around since then, uploading her first commentary in 2013, her popularity didn't really take off until late 2014 and 2015, where she became a cult hit among the brewing revivalists in the commentary community. Alongside Super Epic Clay and HalfBoiledHero, she's often considered a contributor to the Genre Relaunch of commentaries. Much of her popularity stems from her quite unique style of commentating, which merges criticism with a brand of eccentric humor.
In 2014, she formed Bunch of Pseudo-Intellectuals (or "B.O.P.", for short), a Massive Multiplayer Crossover commentary group that's featured big names such as Ricky Ray, youngbloodfantasy91 and MrSirRaven, among others. She also has made trolling accounts such as SlitelyOvercokedToasd and ri on rino mells comms.
In January 2017 she retired from making commentaries but in February 2017, released a video to tell that she was returning to commentaries.
Mills Kohai's videos contain the following examples of:
- Bi the Way: Was in a relationship with a male commentator and is currently dating a female commentator, Autumn Chan
- Cliché Storm: Considers the portion of SonicOrbit01's videos that she commentated on to be this, because they often use generic terms and phrases used in a boatload of other commentaries.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: When she is not commentating on someone, she can be quite looney.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X": In her first commentary, while regarding Captain Recolor nitpicking at youngbloodfantasy91 jokingly calling Gyro the Hedgehog "Gyna" and saying that "Gyna" is a fantasy:Rion: I'm gonna sound immature, but...hmmhmmhmm, she said "fantasy gyna"!
- "Jeopardy!" Thinking Music: A Running Gag in Let's Just Comment.
- Narcissist: Many of the people she's commentated on are this. She doesn't care for this.Rion: Oh no, the ego meter is going off! We've hit Enter levels of egotism here, folks! ENTER LEVELS!
- Self-Deprecation: She WAS a Brony and often made fun of herself whenever she used Sweetie Belle as her commentating avatar.
- Sensory Abuse: Sometimes she cranks up the audio of her voice or sound effects for humor.
- So Bad, It's Good: Pretty much every time she sings.
- Transgender: Is a Male-to-Female transgender.
- Trolling Creator: Invoked with her SlitelyOvercokedToasd and ri on rino mells comms channels.
- She's also made several gag commentaries, such as "Commentary on Kayden Marx" and the Christmas Special.