Rebound is a 2018 British comedy web series.
Ryan (Andrew Connor) gets dumped by his long time girlfriend Jasmine (Franny Tremaine) for being a loser. He decides to better himself to become a man worthy of his girlfriend's affection, as well as attempting to get better with the ladies. Hilarity Ensues.
Other regular characters include Ryan's best friend Lazzy (Steven Gidwaney) and his platonic life partner Catrina (Danielle Jones).
The series can be watched here.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Lazzy gets hit on by two scarily horny women in Episode 5.Woman grabs his arm.Lazzy: That's a strong grip you've got there.Woman: Imagine it round your cock.
- Absolute Cleavage: Jasmine appears wearing a Little Black Dress with this at the end of Episode 4.
- Betty and Veronica: Notably in Episode 5 with Catrina in a classy dress with modest make-up (Betty) and Jasmine in a very skimpy dress with lots of make-up (Veronica).
- Butt-Monkey: Ryan suffers lots and lots of slapstick.
- Comic Trio: Lazzy is the Leader who gets Ryan into dodgy situations. Ryan is the Fool who gets sucked into the wackiness. Catrina meanwhile is the Only Sane Man.
- Compliment Backfire: Ryan is guaranteed to do this several times an episode."You're so beautiful it makes me want to shit out."
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Ryan in Episode 4 when he tries to claim he wasn't leering at Hannah's boobs - comparing them to when one sees a naked old man in the locker room and the eyes are instinctively drawn to the sight.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Played with. Jasmine is verbally and physically abusive to Ryan and, while played for comedy, she is shown to be an awful person because of her abuse.
- Face Palm: Lazzy in Episode 2 when Ryan tries to flirt with women.
- Fat Bastard: Jasmine thinks Ryan is this but he's closer to Big Beautiful Man, and emphasis is placed on his poor social skills making him unattractive to women.
- From Bad to Worse: Ryan's first job interview since the break-up? It's for Jasmine's company.
- Gag Boobs: Lazzy asks the hairdresser in Episode 3 what direction her boobs go in when she takes her bra off.
- Girl Next Door: Catrina is a down to earth wholesome sort.
- Groin Attack: Jasmine punches Ryan down there when she breaks up with him.
- Hate Sink: Jasmine is an abusive, controlling harpy who has no sympathetic qualities whatsoever.
- Hope Spot: Ryan manages to give Hannah a sincere compliment...and then blows it by rejoicing that she opened her jacket.
- The Makeover: Subverted in Episode 3, as Ryan and Lazzy get kicked out after offending the hairdresser.
- Male Gaze: In Episode 3, Ryan gets turned on by a woman working out in the park. Attention is drawn to her cleavage.
- Moment Killer: Ryan kills a tender moment between himself and Catrina by remarking that their hands look like "hand puppets having an orgy". Luckily Catrina finds it Actually Pretty Funny.
- My Eyes Are Up Here:
"Eyes that are going to be doing this later..."*cue Nightmare Face.
- Hannah who Ryan tries to hit on in Episode 4 pulls this on him. Poor girl ends up a victim of this in Episode 5 during the speed dating.
- Lazzy pulls this on one of the speed daters, prompting her to say.
- Motor Mouth: Ryan has a tendency to ramble on when he really shouldn't.
- Nice Girl: Catrina, who tries to help Ryan get his life back on track.
- On the Rebound: Ryan's main goal is to improve his life, but there is emphasis on his dating habits too.
- Oop North: The series is filmed and set in Liverpool.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Jasmine gives Ryan one when she dumps him.
- Romantic Wingman: Lazzy thinks he's this.
- Slobs vs. Snobs: Ryan (slob) vs Jasmine (snob).
- Sophisticated as Hell: Lazzy tries to claim that Shakespeare coined "you don't look at the mantlepiece while you're poking the fire."
- That Came Out Wrong: In Episode 1 Ryan asks for a "spot of sex" when he meant to ask for "a spot of food".
- Training Montage: Catrina tries to train Ryan in one of these in Episode 3.
- Underdressed for the Occasion: In Episode 2, Ryan shows up for a night out in a Union Jack t-shirt."Like a British bulldog shit on your chest."
- Unexplained Accent: Ryan's best friend Lazzy is from Manchester, in contrast to the Liverpudlian cast. As they're only a half-hour train journey away, it's justified.
- Workout Fanservice: The woman working out in the park in Episode 3 provides some sweaty, slightly revealing fanservice.