Project Green Gables is a Finnish web series adaptation of a modern Anne of Green Gables. It was created in 2015.
The show follows a teenaged Anne Shirley and the various adventures and misadventures she has in Avonlea, in the form of vlog style videos on her YouTube channel.
Project Green Gables contains examples of:
- Adaptational Sexuality: Anne is pansexual.
- Age Lift: Anne is 11 in the first book, but is 17 at the start of the series.
- Alpha Bitch: Josie Pye
- Brainy Brunette: Anne and Jane
- Break the Cutie: Anne when Matthew dies.
- Damsel in Distress: Anne when she gets lost while filming The Lady of Shallott.
- Everyone Can See It: Anne and Gilbert
- Friendless Background: Diana is Anne's first true friend.
- The Ghost: No adults have appeared on screen, such as Marilla, Matthew, and Mrs. Lynde. Gilbert Blythe does not appear until season 2.
- Love Confession: Anne does this to Diana in season 1. Gilbert also does this to Anne. She rejects him the first time, but accepts at the end of season 3.
- Race Lift: Anne, who is a white ginger in the original novels, is played by a black actress. Phil Gordon from season 3 is also played by a black actress.
- Setting Update: The series is set in modern day rather than the 1900s of the original books.
- Shipper on Deck: Many of the girls ship Anne and Gilbert together.
- There Are No Adults: Although several adults are mentioned, none appear on screen.
- True Companions: Anne and Diana.
- Vlog Series: The show is filmed in vlog style videos.
- Wham Episode: Several, but especially episode #45.