Pop Team Epic en Chileno is a Chilean Gag Dub and Abridged Series based on the eponymous anime and manga by bkub made in 2018. More than just a Spanish fandub adaptation, this goes further into the territories of Accent Adaptation (all the gags are in Chilean Spanish), Cluster F-Bomb (a lot more than the source) and local Memetic Mutation (with even more references the series already has). Also, all the voices are male ones and the inbetween spaces with the logo varies between the name of the anime randomly in Japanese (Poputepipikku) and English (Pop Team Epic) titles, and diverse quotes from Chilean memes and viral videos.
Every episode lasts 4 minutes and contains gags from different anime episodes, in all of them having at least one from Bob Epic Team. Until now, there're nine episodes released, two specials (the ReDub episodes, one of them with female voices) and one compilation (the Bob Epic Team episode made for the first anniversary). Also, there're some translations of the Four Koma (in Chilean Spanish, of course) and a couple of meme images made exclusively for the site.
Their main site is on Facebook (because YouTube can suck their dicks) and you can find them here and, hinted by their creators, recently on Instagram, too. Also, some episodes (the first five and the ReDub) were uploaded to Dailymotion in this playlist.
Cacha weonanote , we're in TV Tropes!
- The Abridged Series: For Pop Team Epic, the closer you can get of this in Spanish.
- Accent Adaptation: The differentiation from other Gag Dub is that the voices are all in Chilean Spanish (this is like Australian English for Spanish speakers), not just the F-Bombs but the normal language too, with local slangs all over the place.
- Affectionate Parody: Of the series, mostly like a kind of tribute in Chilean Spanish.
- Catchphrase: Some of the most used are the Chilean expressions Qué chucha weón? (WTF dude?) and Cacha weona (Look up, girl)
- Chromosome Casting: Different from the source, here only have male voices for Popuko and Pipimi (songs included), with the exception of the Female ReDub episode, made by girls only.
- Cluster F-Bomb: PTE already has a good portion of this (mostly the manga), but here there're Chilean F-Bombs all over the place.
- Compilation Re-release: Various videos are compilations of previous gags released first on episodes and later as single videos. Bob Epic Team received two (the recent one for the first aniversary of the project) and there's one with the three "Are you upset?" gags made in Chilean (the original one, the BET one and the Batman Ninja one.)
- Continuity Nod:
- Bob Epic Team gags mantain the wannabe-girly voices made by men as AC-bu do with the original ones, being mostly a correct adaptation with some Chilean slangs on it.
- The hate against YouTube, seeing in some Four Koma and comments, since everytime they tried to upload some of the videos (entire episodes as well single gags) were put down because of the copyright.
- Gag Dub: The series started as this, but now enters more in the territory of Abridged, even when they still translate dialogues just as in the anime but with Chilean slangs.
- Gratuitous Japanese: The Poputepipikku in titles apart of the Dub Name Change in English, appearing randomly in every episode. Same with Bobunemimimmi for Bob Epic Team.
- Homage: Apart of the series itself, various references to Chilean TV programs, personalities and memes are homaged here.
- New Year Has Come: Their version of the bed gag shows Popuko preparing for New Year's parties, only to be trapped by the bed and go to sleep early.
- Obligatory Swearing: The source series already got some swearing (mostly the 4koma), but here is taken Up to Eleven, probably one of the reasons for the success of this Abridged Series.
- Rated M for Manly: The voices of both girls are so manly as they can be, especially Pipimi having a Badass Baritone in some gags.
- Recycled IN SPACE!: As the title says, this is Pop Team Epic but IN CHILEAN!.
- Redubbing: The ReDub episode, in which various released gags received a second look and got new dialogues, usually more profane than the original ones, and with some ideas from followers in previous releases that were applied in that episode. Also, the "Girls ReDub" with female voices for Popuko and Pipimi made by the female fans via submit request.
- Ruder and Cruder: This series not only translates the original jokes into Chilean Spanish, it also adds a lot of Cluster F-Bombs, making it even more profane than the original work.
- Rule of Three: There're three "Are you upset?" gags made by this fandub: the original one, the Bob Epic Team version and the Batman/The Joker version made to promote Batman Ninja.
- Shout-Out: As if the series itself hadn't enough... they even have their own Shout-Out page, too.
- Take That!:
- As said in Continuity Nod, the grudge against YouTube being mocked everytime they can, mostly seen in the Four Koma but also referenced in the own version of "Let's Pop Together" song:No esperes encontrar en YouTube, los maracos nos lo bajan por el copyrightnote
- Facebook also appears in gags but in a better way. And the start of the episode 7 they put the shogun as Mark Zuckerberg.
- Take That, Audience!: The second gag of "Oh yeah" is about "Hey, why don't we put some Chinese letters here so they can see this is an anime?"
- As said in Continuity Nod, the grudge against YouTube being mocked everytime they can, mostly seen in the Four Koma but also referenced in the own version of "Let's Pop Together" song:
- Popuko: Estás enojado?note
Pipimi: Que no, conchetumare!note