are two guys on YouTube
doing a series of Self-Insert
/Spoof videos, where theyll take the established film footage and insert themselves for specific comedy roles, alongside with the voiceover explaining their presence and various special effects. They usually specialise in The Lord of the Rings
and Harry Potter
, but can occasionally tackle other universes like Star Wars
or Titanic (1997)
Some of the videos created by them:
Tropes used in their work:
- Anachronism Stew:
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Parodied in The Slap video, where it seems to work: the woman came to her senses enough to hit the man back, who promptly collapses and cries.
- Bottomless Magazines: In their Boyzn the Ring video, one pistol is fired at least fifteen times without reloading.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The Slap video, as it replicates the old films.
- The Dog Bites Back: In their lesser-known spoof of early black-and-white films The Slap, a woman finally snaps after getting slapped at least ten times and slaps the man back. True to form, the man completely collapses and cries on her shoulder.
- Fantasy Gun Control: Boyzn the Ring video hilariously shows why this trope exists, when the duo with guns effortlessly mow down orcs.
- Gangsta Style: Used a lot alongside other gangsta tropes in the "Boyz N the Ring" video.
- Instant Death Bullet: All the affected orcs instantly fall after being shot in "Boyz n the Ring".
- Made of Explodium: Abused greatly in the Titanic Super 3D parody video when spoofing Michael Bay: things exploding in graphic fireballs include multiple sections of the Titanic, chairs, passengers falling into the water and stacks of china plates.
- Lens Flare: Used and abused in the Titanic Super 3D video when spoofing J. J. Abrams and his work on Star Trek (2009).
- Parody Sue: The way they behave in most of their videos in regards to canon and established characters, playing it for laughs to the fullest.
- Raised Lighter Tribute: Done with lit wands instead in the Harry Potter and the Boy Band video.
- Refuge in Audacity: Invoked in pretty much every video they have made.
- Self-Insert: Just about every single one of their videos, with them typically favouring The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.