"I'm, uh... I'm thinkin' we don't need to help." - Akihiko Sanada
Yukari Takeba: There was a time when I seriously thought about dying, or... Or killing myself—
You probably should have.
— Persona 3 Abridged
Persona 3 Abridged is an Abridged Series of the Persona 3 Movie Series, created by Blackmageabradged in 2015. The first episode can be found here.
This work provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Takeharu Kirijo reminds Mitsuru of what he always taught her: "Even though I love you, if necessary for the Kirijo Group, you could be replaced by an orphan with plastic surgery". Which, given that it's the Kirijo family creed, doesn't exactly speak well of Takeharu's upbringing by Mitsuru's grandfather, either.
- The Abridged Series: An Abridged Series of the Persona 3 films.
- Adults Are Useless: Chairman Shuji Ikutsuki doesn't really do much.
- Affectionate Parody: A lot of love was put into this.
- Beat: Oftentimes jokes revolve around Makoto's giving a delayed response to an obvious question with a sarcastic, apathetic, or hostile answer. Just as often, whomever he's speaking to takes a couple seconds to respond.
- Brick Joke: Early on in Episode 3, Makoto calls Fuuka a slut when describing her to the others. Later, when Natsuki apologizes to Fuuka for being a jerk, she reiterates that Fuuka still isnt her real mom just because shes fucking [Natsukis] dad.
Junpei: Holy shit, she really is a slut!
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Akihiko thought that Makoto was a girl with shrimpy arms.
- Dynamic Entry: Makoto driving into the Emperor and Empress fight on Mitsuru's bike is backed by "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)".
- Flanderization: Akihiko's protein and workout obsession reaches new heights here. In his first scene alone after the intro he asks for a protein shake... While under attack by shadows.
"...the Dorm is completely surrounded, I need backup downstairs immediately!" Mitsuru
"Rodger! We're heading down right now!" Akihiko
"Mitsuru... One more thing..." Mitsuru
"Yes? What is it?" Akihiko
"...Can you stop by the kitchen and make me a protein shake on the way?" Mitsuru
"What? This is a fantastic workout."
- Heroic Sacrifice: The team tries to do this to save Fuuka and Makoto from the Emperor and Empress shadows, only for Makoto to tap into Heroic Willpower.
- Laughing Mad: Elizabeth slips into this after laughing off the whole "using the power of the Wild Card to destroy everything one loves".
- Makoto goes into one when summoning his Persona for the first time.
- No Indoor Voice: Junpei, at times.
- Release The Hounds: Or as Mitsuru calls them, the Disciplinary Committee.
- Schedule Slip: Episode 3 was supposed to come out in April. The actual release date was July.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Everyone really, but ESPECIALLY Makoto. His first scene with Junpei has him telling Junpei that he'll kill him.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Subverted. As Mitsuru lashes Junpei offscreen for talking back to her, Junpei complains that it isn't kinky at all.
- You Are Number 6: Mitsuru addresses most of the student body by their student numbers
Tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling dooowwwwn...