Nintendo Minute is an official Nintendo themed web series started in 2013 that is hosted by Krysta Yang and Kit Ellis. The exact nature of the show varies by episode, but overall showcases current Nintendo content, including that of third-parties. Kit and Krysta play games, interview people involved in the industry, debate different topics, and unbox items like games or amiibo figures.
Also, it's never a minute.
Tropes present in the videos:
- Art Shift: The "Draw Our Gaming Memories" episode is done in a pencil-sketched style rather than the typical live-action footage.
- Author Avatar: In certain areas, everyone is represented by their Miis, which are digital avatars unique to Nintendo.
- Early Installment Weirdness: It took a bit of time for "Nintendo Minute is never a minute" to be a thing.
- A meta example. For a short while, Krysta had a habit of posting photos of cherry blossoms from Kyoto Japan on her Twitter account. It was later revealed that for episode 250, she and Kit were travelling to Nintendo's headquarters in Kyoto for filming.
- On the show itself, an episode focused on travelling tips for the Nintendo Switch, and they were apparently doing this in the spirit of the trip to Japan.
- Funny Background Event: A plush Goomba randomly falling in one episode. The editing points it out, but it's otherwise not acknowledged.
- The Ghost: Producer Stephy only appears on the show as her Mii, and the voice heard in a few episodes may not actually be her; it could be another female producer.
- Men Don't Cry: Kit claims to have never cried while playing a video game. This streak was broken by the New Donk City festival in Super Mario Odyssey.
- Nice Hat: Kit has worn a Splatoon themed hat.
- Non-Indicative Title: Despite having the word "minute" right in the title, episode are typically around ten or sometimes twenty minutes long. Lampshaded by their Signing Off Catchphrase.
- Note From Ed: In the "Spin the Wheel" Super Smash Bros. Ultimate video, at one point the titular wheel lands on a section requiring Kit and Krysta to play as characters who debuted on the NES. Krysta says Mario, and a note instantly slides onto the screen:Editor's note:Mario debuted on NES? Really Krysta? :P
- Perverse Sexual Lust:
- Krysta has a bizarre crush on Chrom.
- While its not as much of a Running Gag, an episode of Gaming Confessions reveals that Kit had a crush on Rydia from Final Fantasy IV when he was a kid.
- In the "Spin the Wheel" Super Smash Bros. Ultimate video, the wheel eventually lands on a section where Kit and Krysta have to play as their crushes. Krysta naturally picks Chrom, and Kit picks Zero Suit Samus. When asked what he would do on a date with Samus, Kit says that they would use her spaceship to go stargazing.
- Shaped Like Itself: Krysta explains "Two Truths and a Lie" by just repeating the game's title. Kit calls her out on this.
- Slogan: "Nintendo Minute is never a minute."
- Sugar Bowl: The show's environment is definitely rather light-hearted, and guests on the show always look like they have a fun time.