Next Time On Lonny is a comedy series on YouTube that parodies the Reality Show genre. The eponymous character in the Show Within a Show Lonny is "a flavorless twenty-something... [meandering] through his hipster existence desperately trying to meet girls." But On the Next Lonny, "things get interesting... very interesting."
Watch it here.
Next Time On Lonny provides examples of the following tropes:
- Always a Bigger Fish: The Bardoxieds are much, much bigger than the Gorblaxians.
- Badass Boast: "I done shot a thousand cops on my block with a glock / and if that glock get hot, gangsta you gon' get got!"
- Binge Montage: Lonny and Eddy do a lot of drugs in "Lonny Goes Big Time," including cocaine, marijuana, and human souls.
- The Casanova: Lonny tends to have a new girlfriend in every episode, only for things to go horribly wrong in the next time preview. Two girls, Bethany and Stepanie, last multiple episodes but still always have their relationships with Lonny ruined every time they appear.
- "You're really pretty, you know that?"
- "Oh no!"
- Crazy-Prepared: Lonny's alternate personality Chet in episode 1: "We have to bury the body... there's a landfill not too far outside of town. We'll inject the body with some embalming fluid and then toss it in a grave that I started digging early last week."
- Depending on the Writer: Entire characters change from episode to episode, most notably Lonny, who can go from a single parent White Gang Banger to a struggling wall street shark on completely different ends of the country. Chet also goes from being Lonny's psychotic best friend and alternate personality to being the Only Sane Man to the uncontrollable Lonny.
- Lonny talks about his friend coming from his hometown, says "Chippewa Falls, my hometown, what, represent!" and flashes a gang sign. One episode later...
- At the beginning of Lonny is Famous, Lonny says he has "yellow fever" when talking about his new (Asian) girlfriend Jerrica. Later in the episode, Lonny is exiled to Japan due to it being the only nation in the world that doesn't hate him.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus:
- N-Word Privileges: Played straight. Gangsta Lonny is the "token" white gang banger in his crew, but he can only call his boys "nukkas."
- Negative Continuity: A major source of the show's humor.
- Oh hey look, Garrett's alive again.
- Humanity was a Slave Race for a while, but everything's cool now.
- Apparently, multiple homicides caught on camera]] just don't have the same legal ramifications in Lonny's world as they do in ours.
- Lonny's old friend returns in "Lonny Throws a Bachelor Party," and everyone sees and interacts with him. Odd behavior for a schizophrenic hallucination, isn't it?Yes, yes it is.
- Reckless Gun Usage: In episode 6 (and its associated music video and deleted scenes), Lonny does the following:
- Start of Darkness: The producer of Lonny's record chastised him for his gangbanging lifestyle. He later commits an act of gangbanging himself after Lonny claims that he alone created the record.
- Temporal Paradox: Lonny meets himself from the future. And then himself from further in the future. And then himself from even further in the future. It gets worse from there.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Lonny generally comes off as a stereotypical overprivileged douchebag twenty-something in the "regular" episodes. During the "next time" segments, however, his behavior can range from a Jerkass to surprisingly sympathetic, due to his entire character generally completely changing.