Meet Issac232, A.K.A. Issac the Media Hunter, hero of the fields of Azeroth. From here, he usually reviews animal-based media, including movies and cartoons, alongside his snow leopard partner, Loki.
Similar to other lesser-known reviewers such as ZeltaxMillennium, South Jersey Sam, and Mattwo's Random Reviews, and Critic Core he does not simply record himself in front of a camera, but unlike the others who use a mixture of editing and 3D posing programs, he instead uses a mixture of editing and World of Warcraft machinima to review his material as his avatar.
This page Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This show provides examples of:
- Big Bad: For the first season it was Kiel and in the second season it was arguably the android, with hints of a Greater-Scope Villain who made the android in the first place.
- Big Damn Heroes: Members of Reviewers Unknown pull this off in the first season finale, and the paladin does this in the second season finale.
- Brain Bleach: Issac (and several other reviewers for that matter) were in desperate need of this in his Ace Ventura review after finding "Captain Winkie."
- Cats Are Silent Snarkers: Loki has his moments.
- Cliché Storm: Invoked in his review of Norm of the North when describing the characters:Issac: The writing just doesn't make them out to be characters, per se, but just things that follow by-the-book. Characters who treat the lead like crap? Check. Characters who we're meant to sympathize with without giving them good development? Check. Generic villain who isn't remotely interesting, funny or at least memorable regardless of actions? Check and mate.
- Several, including his review of The Chipmunk Adventure with the The Cartoon Hero and Hercules with The Hardcore Kid. These usually involve every person who he crosses over with having a World of Warcraft avatar.
- His Season 1 finale featured a team-up with several other members of Reviewers Unknown.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is very snarky.
- This is especially evident in his review of Norm of the North, particularly in the scene after Norm saves his grandfather:
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: He inadvertently causes one when trying to destroy Norm of the North with the World Breaker after finishing his review of the film.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Issac DEFINITELY didn't think so after his reviews of the Space Chimps movies though Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys may have helped him get over that hurdle.
- Flat "What": His reaction while watching the Lemming dance sequence in his review of Norm of the North.
- Going Through the Motions: This comes with being a World of Warcraft machinima made in the World of Warcraft Model Viewer. Loki usually has even less animations than Issac.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover:
- He's easily one of these (his companion is a leopard, for crying out loud), and one of his biggest pet peeves (no pun intended) is Hollywood's treatment of cats, showing them as either jerks, if not outright villains like in Cats & Dogs, or using them as a Butt-Monkey. The fate of the cat in Man's Best Friend actually left him speechless with shock.
- The results of the cats vs dogs splatfest in Splatoon angered him so much that he delayed his review of Bolt.
- Machinima: Duh.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Initially, the opening theme was "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts (yes, the same one that was used for Friends.) This was dropped in 2017 because of copyright concerns.
- Shared Universe: Sort of. More like a shared multiverse, he has multiple interactions with the Reviewaverse from his World of Warcraft universe through crossovers and cameos, sometimes even traveling there. Therefore he counts of being part of it, sort of.
- The Summation: Issac uses a version of this at the beginning of the third season to fill in Loki (and remind the audience) about the events involving Kiel, the android and the paladin.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: He spends a small portion of his review of Norm of the North defending the Minions.
- Tempting Fate: When trying to destroy Norm of the North:Loki: (subtitled) Are you out of your mind!?
Issac: Relax! All that will happen is it will fall through the hole the movie left, follow it down outside the world and explode harmlessly. Nothing to it!
Loki: (subtitled) You know that hole is rather small, right?
Issac: I just now realised that.
(cue Earth-Shattering Kaboom)
- Toilet Humor: He despises the overabundance of this type of humor in Norm of the North, to the point that he considers it worse than Space Chimps 2 in terms of humor.
- The Voiceless: The android and the paladin (so far).
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit!: Invoked in his Norm of the North review, where he considers its use of pop-culture references (and poorly at that) to be worse than Doogal's.
- World of Weirdness: Both his World of Warcraft universe and the Reviewaverse.