From the creator of Megas XLR.
Mari and Kari are identical twins. They're best friends and never apart. Mari is the liveliest girl you'll ever meet. Kari is too. Her problem: she's dead. From there it just gets weird.
Mari Kari is an animated web series created by Fear Net in the Summer of 2010. Spanning 8 minisodes, the series is notable for its cartoony style, gore, and mayhem.
Mari Kari uses the following tropes:
- Dumb Blonde: Mari repeatedly fails to understand other people's attitudes and motivations.
- Gorn: When you have a show where someone's intestines are used as jump ropes you're bound to wind up with this.
- Meaningful Name: Gilles De Rais Elementary. As in that Gilles de Rais. As in the dude who sent hundreds of children to their deaths by sacrificing them to Satan just to get in his commanding general Jean De'Arc's pants and was unceremoniously discharged and executed for his crimes. That Gilles De Rais.
- My Nayme Is: Mari and Kari seem to be creative spellings for the names Mary and Carrie respectively since they're pronounced the same.
- School Newspaper Newshound: Captures a picture of Kari slaughtering mean boys. It makes a great front page story, but doesn't end well for her.
- Too Dumb to Live: Seriously. Despite all the school hating Mari, most of them know that those who bully her die horribly and yet they keep doing it anyway.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Whenever someone gruesomely dies in plain sight, it's not met much with shock though there are exceptions. A good example is the first episode when a student has his head pulled out by Kari during class with the teacher visibly disturbed but manages to keep her composure. None of the unseen classmates are heard screaming in horror either but they were excited for recess.
- Prehensile Hair: How Kari generally does her thing. Most of the time, her arms dangle at her sides while her pigtails do all the work.