Manatee Girl: The Movie is a short film parody of Super Hero, Video Game, and Magical Girl tropes. Manatee Girl, a well-meaning super heroine, battles the evil InHumanatee and his henchwoman, Oil Spill (but not before taking an entire minute of a less-than five minute film to have a Transformation Sequence). She bleeds and is battered, but wins out in the end thanks to using her Side Kick as a torpedo. Cue a And Knowing Is Half the Battle segment with a moral that's acknowledged to have nothing to do with anything.
It's sparkly and involves a floating manatees in space at one point.
Can be watched here
Manatee Girl: The Movie contains examples of:
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: Baby Manatee Says. Much to Baby Manatee's irritation, the message doesn't even fit in with anything.
- By The Power Of Grey Skull:Manatee Girl: Manatee Girl Planet Saving Powers Activate!
- Calling Your Attacks:Manatee Girl: Baby Manatee torpedo mode, activate!
- The Ditz: Oil Spill. Thinks she's dating her boss and checks her phone mid-fight. Manatee Girl also comes across as a little spacey.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Manatee Girl does not like shoes. Or sports bras.
- E = MC Hammer: There is "science" on the board behind Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend.
- Hand Puppet: Baby Manatee. At one point he falls off the off screen operator's hand and is placed back on it.
- No Name Given: Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend is only known as Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend.
- On A Sound Stage All Along: The movie ends with a director yelling "cut!", The Reveal that Baby Manatee Says is a green screen, and Manatee Girl stepping out of character to snark about the film's budget.
- Parody: Of Magical Girl transformations, Super Hero things, Video Game fights, and kid shows with tacked on message.
- Powered Armor: Defied. Baby Manatee won't wear battle armor because he'll sink if he does.
- Punny Name: The In Humanatee, punning manatee and inhumanity.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Oil Spill thinks she's dating the In Humanatee. The special effects inform us she's "delusional".
- Skirt over Slacks: Sort of. Manatee Girl wears a skirt over her shorts.
- Transformation Sequence: Is roughly a minute long and includes Manatees In Space! in the background. It's also interrupted by the main villain checking his watch.