Manatee Girl! Abandoned as a child and raised by manatees! Now she fights as a defender of the waters her floating friends call home! With the help her adorable sidekick Baby Manatee, her Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend, and plain dumb luck, she fights to save the manatees from the brink of destruction!
A web original Super Hero, Video Game, and Magical Girl Parody, Manatee Girl: The Movie is a troperiffic jumble of silliness. Manatee Girl, a well meaning super heroine battles the evil InHumanatee and his henchwoman, Oil Spill (but not before taking an entire minute of a less-than five minute film to have a Transformation Sequence). She bleeds and is battered, but wins out in the end thanks to using her Side Kick as a torpedo. Cue a And Knowing Is Half the Battle segment with a moral that's acknowledged to have nothing to do with anything.
It's sparkly and involves a floating manatees in space at one point.
Can be watched here
Manatee Girl: The Movie contains examples of:
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: Baby Manatee Says. Much to Baby Manatee's irritation, the message doesn't even fit in with anything.
- Body Guard Babes: Oil Spill is a very ditzy one
- By The Power Of Grey Skull:Manatee Girl: Manatee Girl Planet Saving Powers Activate!
- Calling Your Attacks:Manatee Girl: Baby Manatee torpedo mode, activate!
- Camp: Very much so.
- Dastardly Whiplash: The In Humanatee, if his comically oversized mustache is any indication.
- Deadpan Snarker: Baby Manatee is rarely not snarking at something.
- Determinator: Manatee Girl refuses to give up.
- The Ditz: Oil Spill. Thinks she's dating her boss and checks her phone mid-fight. Manatee Girl also comes across as a little spacey.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Manatee Girl does not like shoes. Or sports bras.
- E Equals Mc Hammer: There is "science" on the board behind Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend.
- Fingerless Gloves: Manatee Girl wears these.
- Green Aesop: The underlying message, although not the moral at the end (much to Baby Manatee's annoyance).
- Hand Puppet: Baby Manatee. At one point he falls off the off screen operator's hand and is placed back on it.
- Lampshade Hanging: Basically Baby Manatee's job.
- Large Ham: Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend and, to a lesser extent, Manatee Girl. The In Humanatee becomes this when being defeated by Baby Manatee.
- No Budget: It's a miracle they could afford the camera.
- No Name Given: Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend is only known as Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend.
- On A Sound Stage All Along: The movie ends with a director yelling "cut!", The Reveal that Baby Manatee Says is a green screen, and Manatee Girl stepping out of character to snark about the film's budget.
- One-Scene Wonder: Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend is in exactly one scene
- Only in Florida: Three guesses where it's set and the first two don't count. Only Floridians could have produced something this...interesting
- Only Sane Man: Baby Manatee is the only character that seems to realize how ridiculous everything is.
- Opening Narration: Done in an old timey radio voice.
- Parody: Of Magical Girl transformations, Super Hero things, Video Game fights, and kid shows with tacked on message
- Powered Armor: Defied. Baby Manatee won't wear battle armor because he'll sink if he does.
- Punny Name: The In Humanatee.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Hunky Marine Biologist Boyfriend again.Baby Manatee: I refuse it believe those glasses are prescription.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Oil Spill thinks she's dating the In Humanatee. The special effects inform us she's "delusional".
- Slap Stick: Most of the fight scene is Slap Stick comedy
- Snarky Nonhuman Side Kick: Baby Manatee, full stop.
- Skirt over Slacks: Sort of. Manatee Girl wears a skirt over her shorts.
- Transformation Sequence: Is roughly a minute long and includes Manatees In Space! in the background. It's also interrupted by the main villain checking his watch.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Baby Manatee sounds like a girl, but that could just be the "Baby" thing.