M3RKMUS1C, real name Erik, is an American YouTuber who used to make music videos with a guitar, before going into gaming videos on first person shooters like Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, and Battle Field. He has also done videos for games like Grand Theft Auto V, Minecraft, and Mortal Kombat X.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: The Sound of Silence - Modern Warfare Remastered is nothing like Erik's normal videos at all, as it acts more as a tribute to Modern Warfare.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The modder in Call of Duty: Black Ops II gave Erik all his achievements, abused god mode, told him to lick butts, and made his teammates cry.Erik: "Where does it end?
- Berserk Button: Erik does not like modders in public games.
- Black Comedy Burst: PS4 Messages gives us this example.Messager: "What do you call a 7-year old with no friends?"Erik: "Me"Messager: "A Sandy Hook survivor."
- Black Comedy Rape: He once got banned from Club Penguin for saying "I'm getting raped" when he was trapped in a corner.
Messager: I WILL RAPE YOU IN YOUR SLEEP(Cuts to Erik loading a airsoft Thompson)Erik: What was that again?
- This is also how Disturbing Xbox Messages begins.
- Blatant Lies: Erik claims they are "fixing" or "improving" player's houses or creations in Minecraft... even though they are far from helping
- Also, in Triggered Racist, Erik claims he did none of the stuff he did in he killcam, despite doing so.
- Call-Back: in We Broke Battlefield 4, Erik's friend teaches him how to do SpongeBob laugh. Erik uses this trick again in Triggered Racist.
- Critical Research Failure: After Erik reads a 1-star review for Pokémon GO in Reading Pokémon GO Reviews about the reviewer getting a Psyduck in a 10k egg, Erik is quick to point out that you can only get a psyduck in a 5k egg, not a 10k egg.
- Downer Ending: Any Call of Duty: Black Ops III or Counter-Strike supply drop and crate opening videos respectively where Erik does not get anything good.
- Failed a Spot Check: In his early Mortal Kombat X videos, he would often fail to block or dodge Tina's X-Ray and instead opts to try hitting Ferra/Tora in the middle of the X-Ray Move when Super Armor is active.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Erik claims that Call of Duty: Black Ops III was doomed from the start due to the lack of the original characters from the first two games and the change from "boots on the ground" to "rocket jumping exosuits".
- Fun with Acronyms: According to Timmy, Swag means "Secretly We Are Geese".
- Insane Troll Logic: In Ghosts 2, the CEO of Infinity Ward "Dog" addresses the complaints of Time to Kill, so he comes up with a solution... by having every single weapon kill everyone in one shot so that no one would complain.Dog: "You can't complain about getting melted if everything melts! Communism."
- Interface Spoiler: Erik has pointed out that screamers on Xbox One are predictable due to the voice message's viewable sound wave.
- The Internet Is for Porn: In RIP Xbox One, the first negative aspect he speaks about the console is that the Kinect won't let him access porn sites like "Moist Grandpa's Crotches".
- Mundane Made Awesome: Just the sheer way the guy replying to Erik on returning dildos.The operator: "Basically the only way we're going to be able to do a return on it is what we call a blood oath! Basically what you're going to need to do we have a scroll, an ancient scroll! We unroll the scroll, we have a pen, it draws blood from the person holding it automatically through dark magic. You're going to need to write your name on it and it'll be in your blood. And this will do a pact with the devil. So as long as you have no moral reservations about doing word of the devil. We can totally return any dildo.Erik, in the voice of Melvin: "Well that sounds great!"
- Never Say "Die": Played for Laughs, as no matter what, Family Friendly Brayden always calls the word "kill" as "slouch" or "killing" or "dead" as "slouching".
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: In Reading PS4 Messages, Erik does not recognize the "Ey boss!" from Filthy Frank
- Put on a Bus: Game wise, Old Call of Duty games would disappear when the next game comes out and Grand Theft Auto V has little to no videos since late 2015.
- Running Gag:
- Faze Booce.
- Erik referring Kim Jong-Un as "Kim Jong-Oink" in his Call of Duty Online videos.
- If Advanced Warfare appears in any way, it will usually be represented by Erik's clown-masked character ("Chuckles"). If Infinite Warfare appears in any way, it will usually be represented by Buzz Lightyear.
- Chen, one of the character presets for Advanced Warfare, comes up quite a bit.
- Sarcasm Mode: They show lots of sarcasm while playing Avatar Warfare, praising it despite them not liking it, and treating it as the next Call of Duty game.Erik: "Call of Duty has really gone down hill!"
- Shout-Out: Erik's reaction upon seeing four blackjacks in Black Ops 3 is to call them the Teenage Mutant Ninja Twats.
What a thrill
- In PS4 Messages, someone references "Ey Boss." However, as stated above, Erik does not get this reference.
- In When You Can't Afford New DLC..., when Erik goes up a short ladder, the beginning of the song Snake Eater plays
- Special Effects Failure: In-Universe, as Erik finds out in the 7th console generation version of Black Ops 3, the clouds go over the flags in Uplink
- Split Personality: Erik is just a normal player most of the time, but once in a while he starts roleplaying one of his characters to interact with other players or even make videos or video clips with the personality. There's the childish Melvin, the family-friendly Braiden, the dank FaZe Booce, and the disturbing "Marntch Manatee".
- Take That!: Despite liking the console, RIP Xbox One almost immediately begins with the "Xbox One" (Read: A microwave) being shot with guns as Erik calls it a "piece of fucking shit!"
- Family-Friendly Brayden's entire character is a take that towards YouTube's guidelines, which enforces a almost family-friendly image.
- Villain Protagonist: Erik is sometimes this in Minecraft trolling videos.
- Wham Line: In R.I.P. Advanced Warfare, Erik brings up Sledgehammer and Activision as potential suspects to blame for Advanced Warfare's death, but...Erik: But really, you should blame yourself