Lost Pause is a YouTube channel belonging to Noble, who is known for his silliness, constant laughter and fun-loving attitude. Most of his content revolves around anime-related topics and Reaction Videos, usually "Try Not To Laugh Challenges" or variations, anime Vine/"crack" compilations, and meme compilations.
Recurring segments on Lost Pause include:
- #NobleSempai: A Q&A where Noble answers questions from his Twitter account and comments on his videos with that hashtag.
- Anime News: AKA Otaku News, this is when Noble gives information and opinions on recent developments in anime and manga. Usually preceded by an animated clip of the channel's mascot Lily at a news desk, complete with news show-style music.
- Lost Pause Reddit: A video consisting of Noble scrolling through his subreddit and picking out the top posts from that week. These videos can also include unboxing fanmail from his PO box.
Provides examples of:
- Animal Motif: Invoked; Noble dyed the hair on the crown of his head red for a while◊, which led to his fans calling it his rooster hair.
- Audience Participation: Noble usually asks his fans through Twitter to submit the pics, GIFs, etc. that he'll use for his Try Not To [X] Challenges and related videos.
- Bowdlerize: Since the YouTube "adpocalypse", Noble's had to cut back a lot on the swearing in his videos, usually resorting to Gosh Dang It to Heck! equivalents. He's also been essentially forced to edit out raunchiness in images by overlaying other things, such as putting character faces over especially obvious cleavage and covering censorable words (ex.: "fuck" becomes "FLUFF"). He also refers to hentai as "off-brand anime".
- Brief Accent Imitation: One of his favorite things about Pokémon Sword and Shield memes is reading dialogue from Gloria in an over-the-top Scottish accent.
- Did he get too much of a certain thing, and needs to move to something else in his video? *cut to black* DOY
- "What's cracking, guys!" is his go-to video intro.
- In his older videos, he referred to giving likes and comments on YouTube videos as "booty slaps".
- Cluster F-Bomb: Noble was usually quite liberal with the cursing in his content prior to the "adpocalypse", especially some of his reaction videos.
- Cosplay: Noble's done some cosplay-based gags dressed as Pico from Boku no Pico and Kirito from Sword Art Online, which have gone on to become fodder for his fans in his challenge videos.
- Noble's done a few videos where he interacts with "virtual YouTuber" Rin Asobi, with videos posted on both of their channels. A running joke is how much Noble's corrupted Rin through the anime titles he's exposed her to.[discussing High School D×D]
Rin: That means you're the next main character!
Noble: Oh...my...god...my time has come! *both laugh*
Rin: Oppai, oppai! *giggles*
Noble: I never thought I'd hear you say that.
Rin: Oh no! Oh no no! Cut, cut!
- He has also done a few videos collaborating with V-tubers ProjektMelody, Silvervale and IronMouse.
- Noble's done a few videos where he interacts with "virtual YouTuber" Rin Asobi, with videos posted on both of their channels. A running joke is how much Noble's corrupted Rin through the anime titles he's exposed her to.
- Curse Cut Short: Almost all of Noble's videos end with Lily pointing at the screen and "saying" "You crazy mutha-" which then cuts to the outro.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Invoked in discussing the case of a real-life Japanese girl stabbing a guy "out of love" and people likening her to an anime Yandere and making memes about it, such as calling her cute or waifu material, Noble stepped up to reveal that he is disgusted that the internet is basically making fun of this kind of thing and is entirely against it, citing Real Life is obviously not the same as Anime.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: Played for Laughs with this tweet showing a photograph of Noble and his mother compared to a screenshot Masato and Mamako, which he says has a resemblance that "scares" him.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Between Lily's Curse Cut Short scene and the actual outro, there are two blink-and-you'll-miss-them animated shots timed to the bass beats of the outro song, one of Lily giving Noble a Shoryuken-style punch and one of someone sticking their finger in a very chibified Lily's mouth.
- The Hyena: Noble easily breaks into laughter in his videos, which is why he tends to fail at his Try Not To Laugh Challenges. He often can't even get through a video intro without breaking into laughter multiple times, especially in his early content.I have always been known as the guy who giggles in all of his videos. ["THE GIGGLE GUY" pops up] The man who laughs at anything. ["LAUGHING BAKA" pops up]
- Hypocrite: In a video rant on "anime elitists", Noble calls them rude and accuses them of telling people what to do. In the process, Noble says rude things about elitists and tells his viewers what to do if they meet them.
- Insistent Terminology: In order to remain monetized, he always refers to hentai as "Offbrand" and many sexual terms as "Fluff".
- Irony: In his five-year retrospective video, he noted that his sponsors tended to not want to sponsor videos featuring Sponsor Man, feeling the character to be too edgy.
- Jerkass: The character Sponsor Man is grating, obnoxious, and tends to sling insults at the audience even as he's making his pitches.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: He frequently mentions boobs in anime (dubbed 'anime tiddies', which seems to be one of his favorite phrases to say), has a tendency to say perverted things both in and out of context, and occasionally references hentai, noting some titles and characters that show up in his videos as things to do research on later. All with his usual fun demeanor.
- Mascot: Lily, the fox-girl mechanic who appears in his videos' outros, often appears in the videos proper, and is a staple part of his merch. Lost Pause's mascot was originally a cat sock puppet known as "Panterbell" but he was retired and replaced (and eaten) by Lily.
- Moral Guardians: YouTube has come down hard on Lost Pause multiple times for infractions. In videos ranting about getting content strikes, Noble portrays them as extremely nitpicky and at times hypocritical; Lost Pause has been terminated twice, yet YouTube hasn't had issues with Noble's "hentai memes" series, likely due to the volume of views and likes they generate.
- Never Live It Down: Noble frequently bemoans in videos how his fans dredge up embarrassing footage from his videos as fodder for challenge videos and Vine/crack compilations, especially clips of him dancing, dressing up as Pico, and his over-the-top tsundere "Sexy bitch! Baka!" rant.
- Nice Hat: Noble often wears a black baseball cap that says "TOP NEP" (referring to his love of Neptunia). If he's not wearing the cap, it's usually hanging on one of Machiko's ears.
- Only Known By His Nickname: Noble has yet to reveal his real name.
- Product Placement:
- Noble's had several videos sponsored by various mobile games, which he usually plugs in the middle of said videos. He even made an entire video about how good he had gotten at Azur Lane, which had previously appeared in ads on his videos, and some of his comments have been used in ads for the game that appear in other channels.
- Parodied by his character Sponsor Man, who breaks into videos to plug the channel's merch.
- Reaction Video: Noble reacting to anime Vine and "anime crack" compilations was a cornerstone of his content, but these have largely been replaced by him reacting to memes from various topics, with r/Animemes being a prime source.
- Running Gag:
- Noble's exasperation with the meme of Brock calling onigiri "jelly-filled donuts".
- Extreme silliness at the start of a video then cutting to "DOY".
- Noble saying something off-color and then putting it on-screen as a quote since he knows his fanbase is going to run with it anyway.
- Noble talking to his Machiko standee in the background and her responding sarcastically in Engrish.
- Putting "Losing Sh!t Cam" on the screen whenever something makes him completely crack up laughing.
- Ashley's stoically deadpan reactions to Noble's silliness.
- Signing-Off Catchphrase: "[...] and I hope to see all you beautiful sons-of-guns again next time."
- Squick: In one of his hentai meme videos, Noble is disturbed when one meme uses a scene from Konosuba to play off an "eye penetration" tag.*reading dialogue from Aqua* "Kazuma! The world's getting all—" Okay, yeah, there's a point where you need to stop.
- Stockholm Syndrome: During a video about the "Padoru" meme, he cites this when explaining that he used to really dislike the meme but has come to enjoy it after being saturated with examples.