Kotoura-san Abridged was created on May 11, 2013 by one Scourgemaster. It is filled with copious amounts of snark, Running Gags and Mood Whiplash. The episodes can be found here
Tropes present in Kotoura-San Abridged:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Haruka: I can handle losing my friends. I can handle my parents abandoning me. I can even handle those two people I've never met before. BUT NOT THE KIIIIITTYYYYYYY!
- Blatant Lies:
Manabe:: Okay, so I'm looking for someone with orange hair who can read minds. uuuumm. *Yells from top of school* HEY YOU! CAN YOU READ MINDS?
Haruka: UUUUMMM NO!
- Chewing the Scenery:
Haruka: NOT THE KIIIIITTYYYYYYY!
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: When everyone returns to the ESP research club and Dai'chi is still tied up, it is implied he killed Slenderman.
- Deadpan Snarker: Virtually everyone, especially depressed Haruka:
Haruka: Well I'll give these humans credit. When it comes to isolation, they are incredibly organised. They've kept this circle going for the last five minutes. Woopdy fucking doo.
- Emo Teen: Broken Haruka. It wasn't that flanderized compared to the original.
- The Ice-Cream Is A Lie: Haruka's mom said they would be going out for Ice-cream but there was none, only the bitter taste of abandonment.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: When Haruka first sees the ESP Research Society clubroom:
Haruka: Um, y'know I, I think I left my iron on, in the oven, which was doing the laundry?
- Innocently Insensitive: Child Haruka is even more of this than the original:
Haruka: Daddy? What does it mean when you call mommy a bitch?
- Lampshade Hanging: When Haruka's friends find her at her grandfather's mansion, Manabe asks for the net they brought. Cue Haruka's grandfather asking why they have a net with them.
- Large Ham: Manabe, Hiyori and Yuriko
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: During episode 4, when Manabe, Daichi and Yuriko first get to the priest's shrine:
Priest: Welcome, Lady Yuriko, Sir Daichi, Manabe.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome:
- Dai'chi killed Slenderman
- Manabe made the guys from Hiyori's dojo beg for their lives
- Manabe gets attacked by ninjas
- Pun: Dai'chi make a bunch of these while he's hanging out at the ESP club; complete with Rimshot, coutesy of Haruka.
- Rule of Three: The "Get The Net" joke repeats three times.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Happy Crab's reaction to finding out Haruka can read his mind.
- The Noodle Incident: When Haruka askes why Manabe has a tattoo of a goldfish on his left buttcheek, He tells her
Manabe: Long story short; Don't spend a week in Georgia.