KickThePJ, otherwise known as PJ Liguori, is an English YouTuber, filmmaker, artist, storyteller and musician who's been making videos since 2007. He's best known for his highly-stylized, reality-bending, bizarre and often down-right freaky style of storytelling in various short films, as well as for his incorporation of animation into live action videos. These are frequently juxtaposed with more light-hearted, casual videos where he rambles about things that have been on his mind - albeit still peppered with surreal non-sequiturs - with occasional detours into videos about his artmaking processes or trying out new forms of art. His style is varied, to say the least.
PJ started making videos late in secondary school when he was about 15, usually just playing around with his friends. None of these videos ended up online and have since been lost. Like many YouTubers of that era, he initially began posting videos because he was bored. These early videos were more low-key than his later work would end up being, usually of him playing guitar or in some way discussing something he liked or didn't like, in his own uniquely PJ way. As his skills improved, so did his ambition, until his work began necessitating a full team of helpers and collaborators, including cinematographers, actors, lighting designers, effects artists, and more.
As a side note: No one knows what PJ stands for. It is likely we will never know. Just one of those mysteries.
Tropes used by KickThePj:
- Acting for Two: Often plays another character alongside himself in his sketches.
- Adorkable: Especially in "TWILIGHT FORCED UPON ME", and his overall personality.
- Clip-Art Animation: Sometimes.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Videos aside his twitter frequently paints him as this.
- Depraved Kids' Show Host: Wiggles the Clown.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: PJ's rather volatile animated sidekick, Fuzzwald.
- Evil Laugh: As Wiggles The Clown and various other characters, he's brilliant at this.
- Fish People: In "Fishy Business."
- Fusion Dance: In "Love Sucks." Also in SICK MOVES
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With crabstickz and AmazingPhil, who also occasionally make cameos in his films.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Storyteller, filmmaker, musician who can play an array of instruments, artist, actor, occasional contortionist - there are few pies in which he hasn't stuck a finger.
- Monster Clown: Wiggles is most certainly one - although this is mostly Played for Laughs.
- Noodle Incident: Hinted at in "Introducing Wiggles."Wiggles: I'll perform anywhere apart from states beginning with 'A', 'Q', or 'Z' but that's mostly for legal reasons.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: How he usually uses animation.
- Surreal Horror: His videos frequently drift into this territory.
- Surrealism: Very common, especially in videos with animation.
- Weirdness Magnet: PJ. He has been lost in the Forest of Lumpy Cats, fought Light Seekers, defeated a creature that gains power by sucking love out of people, and had his house, his hard work, and his wife repossessed by fish. Even in real life, he tends to attract a variety of weirdoes.