Ken's Corner was a Web Video Series of shorts created for Camp Maranatha's middle school group. It was based around the concept of Ken (played by Keenan McCurdy) running the camp's craft shop. Hilarity ensues.
Ken's Corner provides examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: In episode 4 of the first season, Ken is trying to explain what tools to use when he hears a plane and stops the entire video because he needs to stare at it. He tends to get sidetracked in general.
- Costume Evolution: When Ken has a Crossover with the sequel series, his outfit has changed to a darker gray coat and a green undershirt along with some pins stuck in his sleeves.
- Character Development: At the start, he has low self esteem and seems incapable of crafting anything. By his crossover, he gets out of the shop and makes friends, and implies that he even made his own suit.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first line of the first episode: "Hi, I'm corner. And this is My Ken." It only becomes more ridiculous from there.
- Earn Your Happy Ending:
- After three episodes of failing and crying at the end of every episode, season one ends with Ken succeeding at making fire.
- The second season ends with Ken exhausted but convinced that he defeated his opponent. On Ken's appearance on his sequel series, he makes a friend in Rick.
- Loser Protagonist: Ken is a manchild who makes crafts, generally stays at a camp's craft shop, is very weak, and at one point mentions that he has few to no friends (aside from Carl). Despite running a craft shop, he is not really very good at crafts.
- Running Gag: Several per episode.
- At least once per episode, Ken will grab something, not know what it is, and rename it or find a new use for it.
- Ken will become frustrated and ocassionally start speaking in Angrish.
- Ken messes up the craft or goal.
- The filming crew will berate or warn Ken of incoming danger, which Ken will usually ignore.