Jenna Marbles is a YouTube personality and moniker for Jenna Mourey, an American entertainer.
She has a subscribed viewership of over ten million and over a billion total views on her videos to date. A good majority of her videos are satirical impressions such as celebrity impersonations, tutorials on sociability (sometimes as a joke), general self-mockery, and other comedic representations of real-life living aspects.
She has two dogs, named Mr.(Charles Franklin) Marbles (A Chihuahua) and Kermit (An Italian Greyhound), who are frequently featured throughout her videos and especially at the ends where she talks affectionately to them in addition to encouraging viewers to subscribe to her channel. In 2014, she and her boyfriend, Julien Solomita, got a third dog, a female named Peach (An Italian Greyhound like Kermit).
Currently she has two YouTube channels, one for the funny stuff, the other mainly for video logs.
Tropes that apply to Jenna Marbles:
- Ambiguously Bi: Quite a few of the people listed in People I would fuck are women. With that said, some of them are also animals, and inanimate objects, so it's hard to say how honest she's being.
- American Accents: She has an upstate New York accent, being from Rochester. However, someone close to the source of the videos states she has a Pacific Northwest accent like in Idaho or Washington.
- Berserk Button: See What Bitches Wear At The Airport. She raises some valid points and is understandably pissed about them.
- Also seen in her video "People Piss Me Off At the Gym."
- She no longer mentions him on air, but on Twitter or whatever, don't bring up Max. Just don't.
- Big Eater: Peach, who is very much snack-motivated and had to be put on a diet from how much weight she gained. She even randomly grew boobs in "Reading Mean Comments About My Dogs 2."
- BigLittleSister: Bunny is actually the youngest of Jenna's dogs, but she towers over them as a greyhound.
- Breast Expansion: Demonstrates how a woman - in this case herself - can go from boyish to curvy depending on the top.
- Captain Morgan Pose: Done to show off Asics sports shoes in her crossdressing video How Guys Pack A Suitcase.
- Caption Humor: In the Landshark and I Hate Being A Grown Up skits, the occasional captions match only the first couple of words from Jenna's rapping, only to display completely different words that change the context as a cheap gag.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Interrupting Adele has Jenna trying to take a leak/dump when Adele abruptly barges in. Offering to clean her posterior.
- Chewing the Scenery: In many brief instances throughout her videos, but most noticeable in the music video Bounce That Dick.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: This also falls into Kayfabe territory.
- Cluster F-Bomb: In many of her videos, especially the rant videos. See Berserk Button entry.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Cooking With Sarah Palin.Jenna(as Palin): ...The next ingredient we wanna add is three eggs. But we're not going to crack the eggs because that's abortion.
- Cosmetic Catastrophe: The Magic video depicts Jenna's mascara deliberately made messier looking as time goes by.
- And then there's the "100 layers" video where Jenna puts on 100 layers of lipstick, hairspray, fake tan and eyelashes.
- Crossdresser: Whenever she acts out a topic involving boys. With a drawn mustache and a jockey cap to keep the hair.
- Curse Cut Short: In her How To Trick People Into Thinking You're Good Looking video, as she gives a possible reason for spending a significant amount of time showering. See Jump Cut entry.Jenna: Probably took a while cuz you're one ugly mother-
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially when having a guest (usually Max, her (now ex-)boyfriend) on the videos. Case in point, in the episode where he does her make-up, Jenna begins the video excited; as Max reveals how clueless he is with makeup, however...:Jenna: ...For some reason, I thought this was gonna be fun. Now I feel a tension in my chest.
- Dumb Blonde: Gloriously averted. She has a Master's degree and is rather bookish.
- Fanservice: What I Would Have Done In Cancun.
- Flexing Those Non-Biceps: Subverted as Jenna does have noticeable biceps whenever she flexes them.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Jenna's usual way to get crap past the radar is though fast changing notes in her intoduction texts. For instance, the full title of "How to midly annoy your dogs part 2" is "How to midly annoy your dogs part 2 the remix motherfucker".
- Friend to All Living Things: Jenna and Julian are real animals lovers, they have four dogs, a hamster, and Jenna managed to raise some caterpillars a fan sent into butterflies. She's also seen gushing over her friend's cat Melody.
- Gentle Giant: Jenna and Julien's fourth dog, Bunny. For starters, she's a greyhound and is physically the biggest dog of the four. But, because of her background as a blood donor dog, she's painfully timid and shy.
- Growing Up Sucks: What I Hate Being A Grown Up is about.
- Guyliner: Jenna gives one pair to MaxNoSleeves in the sequel video I Do My Boyfriend's Makeup.
- Hypocritical Humor: Deliberately invoked in her video Tips For Good Hygiene. See Vomit Indiscretion Shot entry.
- Irony: Peach is the only one of the dogs who does not like fruit.
- Jump Cut: Works well with a stationary camera angle, where each bits of speech are trimmed appropriately to stay concise and preserve viewer attention, sometimes to hilarious effect. See Curse Cut Short entry.
- Kayfabe: A downplayed example. She has a slightly more exaggerated personality for public appearances but it's not quite Alter-Ego Acting. What is certain though, is that it's more of a public persona, but close to her real one.
- The Klutz: Kermit, Kermit, Kermit. From 2015-2018, he's sprained his tail, fell into the house's pool, got bit by a spider, stepped on a bee's stinger, hurt one of his legs, and so on.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Belives this to be the reason why she broke her hand in How I Broke My Hand.
- Lady Drunk: A lot of her videos feature her talking about alcohol, doing something while drunk, or drinking/getting drunk.
- Motor Mouth: One example is in the video Text Message Decoder where she plays a female stereotype.
- Parody: Especially with celebrity impersonations.
- Potty Dance: My Favorite Dance Moves.
- Running Gag:
- Julien's inability to distinguish Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway and Sandra Bullock has became this, with highlight goes to this moment.
- Jenna's inability to have a good prank against Julien has been brought up frequently.
- Fans thinking that Marble is dead, no matter how many times Jenna tries to prove he is in fact alive.
- Satire: Particularly noticeable regarding videos that show her pretending to be a stereotypical male/female dealing with certain issues.
- Self-Deprecation: Edges really close to this in her Apps Are Ruining My Life video.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: A topic of several videos, be it serious or satirical. Regardless, seeing videos that show her devoid of makeup contrasting with the rest of her appearance with, strongly suggests this trope.
- Deliberately invoked and deconstructed in the Some Idiot/How Sports Bras Work video. Explaining that yes, women can look different (and be treated differently as a result) depending on what they're doing. Like competing in the Olympics.
- Toilet Humour: The My Dogs Hate Farts video. Also, Jenna generally makes random references to posteriors and excrement every now and then in her various videos.
- Extended to MaxNoSleeves belching in her face when he's about to put on make-up for her.
- Many of her "What Guys Really Do" videos portray the guys as Gassholes.
- Valley Girl: Jenna plays one in Things Girls Lie About.
- Verbal Tic: WEEEE in a very affectionate and whimsical tone. To the point that it was a criteria for taking a shot as part of a drinking game.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Used as punctuation for scenes in Tips For Good Hygiene, and as an eventual consequence. Played for Laughs when Jenna barfs all over a conveniently present banana while on her belly... before proceeding to peel and eat it. Then she rolls over and shoots the partially digested mixture out.
Say 'bye' to Spiderman.