Living up to its name, Erik Olund (aka ShogunGin0) reviews, discusses, criticizes and evaluates certain animated movies that are considered to be the worst to ever be made (e.g. Delgo, Happily N'Ever After). Many of his videos are filmed in one location; hence the videos themselves are rather simple and minimalistic yet informative and witty at the same time.
His first episode featured the "review" of the movie Happily N'Ever After on January 15, 2011. Erik's latest video to date was also in 2011 (June, to be exact), ending with a review of Doogal, an infamous CGI film of The Magic Roundabout. Throughout the first season, the channel has only received little to moderate acclaim, though not so well known as other semi-obscure Caustic Critic channels out there (TV Trash, for example). It could be compared with That Guy with the Glasses due to some visible influences (yeah, Erik Olund himself has glasses, but that's just a mere coincidence now) but what makes the channel different was that it has, so far, focused on animated films that are rather obscure. Therefore, less on the nostalgia (despite how old some of the stuff Erik reviews is), but more on the animation's Suckiness Is Painful-ism.
After a one and a half year hiatus, Erik announced that he will be resuming the series. The brand new season premiered on December 7, 2012 with a review of The Legend of the Titanic which you can see here.
See the episode archive here.
Provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: He really hates bad animated movement, poorly-made CG models, and points out the tiniest animation mistakes that a casual viewer could care less about. Naturally, he's taking animation classes.
- Limited Wardrobe:
- At first, Erik doesn't seem to wear anything else besides a dark grey jacket.
- He later wears a white tee-shirt, but those are the only two things he's even seen wearing.
- One-Man Band: The credits contain only his name as writer, producer, and director.
- So Bad, It's Horrible: Erik's watched more than his fair share of bad animated movies, but this trope is his opinion of The Elm-Chanted Forest, The Ten Commandments (2007), and Titanic: The Legend Goes On. He would later say the same about Tentacolino, citing it as the worst animated movie he had ever seen.