A gamer from Glasgow, and something of a point & click adventure game enthusiast. IkiFoo primarily does video reviews of classic and not-so-classic games in said genre, to determine whether or not they're worth a look in the present day, as he praises their good points while snarking at their shortcomings, and occasionally delves into other genres. Check him out on YouTube or his website.
IkiFoo provides examples of:
- Anti-Climax: Witnessing the menacing alien creature chasing down Devlin in The Orion Conspiracy culminates in it clumsily tripping over an exposed wire. Iki needs a moment to compose himself after that bit of stupidity.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: He'll occasionally forgo his usual format to review games in different genres, like VGA Civil War Strategy, EGA Trek, and One Must Fall 2097. Recently he's also started doing unscripted videos talking about certain topics related to video games.
- Author Appeal: He has a self-proclaimed love for keyboard controls and will praise any game that makes good use of them.
- Crossover: His review of Full Throttle with fellow YouTuber Amayirot Akago.
- Epic Fail: The Lure of the Temptress review contains footage from Space Quest III... yet the credits for the video say Space Quest II with the first game's subtitle on top of that. Iki promptly apologizes for his massive flub in the review of Space Quest I.
- Heel Realization: At the end of his VGA Civil War Strategy review, it turns out that he'd been playing as the South the whole time and he appropriately freaks out that he'd been fighting for slavery without realizing it.
- Just for Pun: Turned into a Running Gag where he'll show a flashy "PUN!" logo after making one.
- Let's Play: Did one of X-COM: UFO Defense with the soldiers named after friends, colleagues, and online reviewers.
- No Problem with Licensed Games: His assessment of the adventure games based on Blazing Dragons and Scooby-Doo. Averted with the Discworld games, except for Discworld Noir, which had several problems that prevented him from recommending them.
- Rant-Inducing Slight:
- Ridiculously Cute Critter:
- Skyward Scream: Amayirot Akago in the Full Throttle review."I-KI-FOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
- You Wanna Get Sued?: During the Full Throttle review, Iki points out he can't use the actual music from the game cause it'd get him a copyright notice. Then a short while later, they use the "It's a trap!" clip from Return of the Jedi and Iki wonders why that won't get them in trouble.Amayirot Akago: "Quiet! They might not notice!"