Three YouTube videos created by Wal-Mart Watch which attack Walmart by spoofing Harry Potter. For the unfamiliar, Wal-Mart is an American retailer and Wal-Mart Watch is an activist group slightly unhappy with them.
Wal-Mart is personified by Lord Waldemart, who wears a Black Cloak with his face hidden by Wal-Mart's smiley face logo. This is arguably the scariest thing ever. Years ago, Waldemart killed Harry's parents' business and now he wants to build a Wal-Mart at Hogwarts, which would destroy all the shops in Hogsmeade. Hilarity Ensues.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Lord Waldemart. If you buy their message, the real CEO of Wal-Mart.
- Creator Provincialism: Why are British wizards so threatened by an American company? (Wal-Mart does exist in the UK, but under the name "Asda".) Also, Britain has universal health care.
- Dawson Casting
- Fake Brit: The entire cast.
- Fantastic Racism: Carried over from the Potter canon. Waldemart discriminates against "giants and other minorities".
- Fridge Logic: Why would Wallmart cause the bank to go out of business?
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping / Not Even Bothering with the Accent
- Parody Names: Waldemart, but everyone else gets to keep their canon name.
- Predatory Business : How Wal-Mart is portrayed.
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie: The second video is more-or-less a direct parody of the fifth film's trailer.
- Strawman Political: Whatever you think of Wal-Mart, you have to admit that they probably do not boast about abusing employees and ruining communities. Of course, it's also funnier that way.
- Stock Footage: The second portkey sequence from the fourth film is used in the first video. The subsequent videos reuse some footage from the prior ones. A clip from The Little Mermaid is also randomly included at one point. Yes, the Disney film.
- Stock Scream: The Wilhelm Scream is used in the second video.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: "Hey, I'm tryin' to park here you f**king wizard."
- Who's on First?: The "Sirius"/"serious" joke is used.