Harry Potter and the Dark Lord Waldemart is a trio of YouTube videos created by Walmart Watch which attack Walmart by spoofing Harry Potter. For the unfamiliar, Walmart is an American retailer and Walmart Watch is an activist group slightly unhappy with them.
Walmart is personified by Lord Waldemart, who wears a Black Cloak with his face hidden by Walmart's smiley face logo. Years ago, Waldemart killed Harry's parents' business and now he wants to build a Walmart at Hogwarts, which would destroy all the shops in Hogsmeade. Hilarity Ensues.
Harry Potter and the Dark Lord Waldemart provides examples of:
- Creator Provincialism: Why are British wizards so threatened by an American company? (Wal-Mart does exist in the UK, but under the name "Asda".)
- Fantastic Racism: Carried over from the Potter canon. Waldemart discriminates against "giants and other minorities".
- Parody Names: Waldemart is Voldemort + Walmart, but everyone else gets to keep their canon name.
- Strawman Political: Whatever you think of Wal-Mart, you have to admit that they probably do not boast about abusing employees and ruining communities. Of course, it's also funnier that way.
- Stock Footage: The second portkey sequence from the fourth film is used in the first video. The subsequent videos reuse some footage from the prior ones. A clip from The Little Mermaid is also randomly included at one point. Yes, the Disney film.