Ever since Siiva Gunner became practically a subculture, there had been active attempts by the other ten percent of those interested in Vanity Plate parodies to somehow apply the concept to vanity plates. Early channels such as C Iosing Logos HD had tried, but just replicating Siiva's formula. The new type of rip had to be different. But how.
Enter a YouTuber by the name of Daniel Walterbury, who ripped logos in a Vaporwave-esque 80s and 90s nostalgia themed style with much jokes about bylines and company ownership. His style unlike anything in Siiva's field, caught on and spawned many imitators, practically forming a new type of remix culture altogether.
- Author Appeal
- Daniel Walterbury really seems to like The Powerpuff Girls, Full House, Pokémon and chain stores (especially fast food restaurants, especially McDonald's.)
- If you don't get the joke of one of RasterOfMandomness' rips, four out of five times it's an insanely specific Bojack Horseman reference. He also loves Street Fighter.
- Running Gag:
- One very popular approach across all channels is to replace the companies byline with "We apologize for [disliked property the company released]".
- Stealth Pun:
- Shout-Out: as is to be expected from a series deriving off of Siiva Gunner
- The entire "We apologize for [blank]" Running Gag may stem from a fake version of the Southern Star logo from The Hamster Wheel that had such a byline, wherein "[blank]" was Big Brother.
- RasterOfMaandomness' first rip of Portfolio, whose plate shows a guy with an umbrella dancing? "I'm SINGING in the rain..."
- First joke of his Neo Yokio logos rip? The Toblerone logo of course.
- His rip of the logos from Big Mouth apparently came from the episode ""If Girls Are Horny Too, Who Will Crush Man's Skull Between Thighs Like Sparrows Egg?". The rip is USSR themed.
- His rip of the modern Walt Disney Pictures logo is it set to the second Phillips Media logo (the one NOT used on those games). This is a reference to Toys Gone Wild where the more familiar Phillips Media jingle was used over the older Disney logo.
- Take That!: equally abundant in such a Referenced Overdosed field:
- The aforementioned "We apologize" Running Gag has given ones to, among others, The Emoji Movie, Ferdinand, Veggietales In The House, the Nickelodeon India Dab meme, the mobile Puzzle Fighter (preemptively) and RasterOfMandomness' whole channel.
- Many Viacom rips take the piss out of their In Name Only modern company's copyright takedowns.
- RasterOfMandomness does not like Rick and Morty:
- His first ever rip was just the end logos of said show with a couple layers of I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE, MORTY underneath.
- His second rip, of the same logos, specifically "said" to come from the S3 finale, is much of the same. After some harmless jokes, it features the Williams Street logo declaring that the audience should be watching Xavier: Renegade Angel instead, ending with Patchy the Pirate enranged over the episode itself.
- His third rip of the same show's logos was simply just the opening logos for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, which in Raster's words was meant to reference the two properties' Fan Dumb becoming similar.
- His rip of CNN lobs another one at the Fan Dumb.
- His rip of the Hi Hi Pufffy Ami Yumi logos gives one to those who ship or sexualze the show, on the grounds of them being real people.
- His rip of the Mighty Magiswords logos is mostly just one long shot of a pathetic Facebook argument Kyle A. Carrozo got into.