Rapunzel and Mavis are two different girls who have grown up with overprotective fathers who won't let them leave their home. On their eighteen birthdays, both sneak out so that they can go outside. While out, the two end up meeting. Mavis agrees to take Rapunzel to see the Floating Lights. This leads to them falling in love.
When their fathers notice that they're missing and go out to find them, it's revealed that their dads are mortal enemies. They try to tear their daughters apart, but Mavis and Rapunzel won't allow it. In the end, Pitch and Sandman reconcile and their daughters hook up.
This video provides examples of:
- Adaptational Heroism: Pitch isn't evil. He's just an overprotective father with "dark powers". In the epilogue, he's shown hanging out with all the other heroic characthers.
- Adaptational Species Change:
- Mavis isn't a vampire. She's of the same species as Pitch.
- As her father is the Sandman, it's unlikely Rapunzel is human.
- Crossover: Between Hotel Transylvania, Rise of the Guardians, Tangled, and Wreck-It Ralph. There's also some Bolt and The Nightmare Before Christmas in the epilogue.
- Crossover Couple: Mavis and Rapunzel fall in love and start a family together.
- Crossover Relatives: Mavisand Rapunzel of are the daughters of Pitch and Sandy, respectively, from Rise of the Guardians.
- Has Two Mommies: Rapunzel and Mavis end up adopting Vanellope.
- Missing Mom: Implied with both Rapunzel and Mavis. The two don't have mothers in their lives.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Pitch looks horrified after he accidentally shoots his own daughter.
- Offing the Offspring: Pitch had intended to shoot Rapunzel, but he accidentally shot his daughter instead. Luckily it's a Disney Death and she's revived a few moments afterwards.
- Related in the Adaptation: In this fanvid, Mavis is Pitch's daughter; Rapunzel is Sandy's daughter; Rapunzel and Mavis end up adopting Vanellope. In canon, they all are from different universes.
- Slash Fic: It's a Mavis/Rapunzel fan-vid.