Gligar13Vids produces videos expressing his views on the gaming industry's current state, and he isn't too kind on Nintendo. His videos bash consoles, products, and games from companies like Nintendo and Sega. He also creates smartphone and tech reviews. In his "BAD GAMES" series, Gligar berates popular games for being produced by Nintendo or Sega, being too repetitive, or being too "kiddy" in his eyes.
Gligar13Vids is considered a troll and might not even mean a lot of what he says. His username should be a pretty big clue.
Gligar's TROPE DATABASE!!1!
- Accentuate the Negative: A primary focus of his "BAD GAMES" series and gaming news headline videos, as he often ridicules games for having graphics or specifications that aren't up to par with current consoles, consoles of the era, or personal computers. He also tends to criticizes games for not being fun in his eyes.
- Author Appeal:
- As a member of the Furry Fandom, he tends to gravitate towards games prominently featuring anthropomorphic characters like Sonic the Hedgehog, Pokémon, Digimon, Star Fox, and Dust: An Elysian Tail (though he has denied that that is the sole reason on occasion), and has made his fair share of videos about the fandom, including one titled Why FURRIES are the most oppressed minority in gaming.
- He also seems to enjoy shoot 'em ups developed by CAVE, especially DoDonPachi, even having a review of the PS1 version of the game on his channel.
- He also likes Halo, having used footage from the games as b-roll footage for numerous videos.
- He is also a fan of the Call of Duty franchise, especially earlier entries, having reviewed several games in the series and comparing unrelated games to it numerous times throughout his career.
- Deadpan Snarker: Practically his entire videography has him speaking in deadpan as his default tone of voice.
- Hypocritical Humor: Despite claiming to hate Pokémon, he is obsessed with Lucario and its fan art. He also says that he frequently faps to gay Pokémon Hentai. His username, of course, also has the name of Gen II Pokémon "Gligar" in it, ironically enough.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Gligar tends to mispronounce many words and game titles from time to time, especially in his early videos. Notable examples include pronouncing Metroid as "ME-troid", pronouncing render as "ron-der", sometimes not pronouncing the last syllable in the word "anime", and pronouncing DoDonPachi as "DO-don-PA" (he assumed the "chi" syllable was silent for the longest time).
- Leave the Camera Running: Most of his earlier videos consisted of him narrating over mostly unedited gameplay footage, sometimes having long pauses between lines due to his inexperience at the time. His editing has gotten somewhat better in recent videos, however.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: He has a tendency to use these kinds of statements towards anything he perceives as a fault with the game he's currently reviewing.