I gotta have a good page
Garfielf is a video by PilotRedSun. As you can tell by the picture on the right, it's a very... strange parody of Garfield, to say the least. To sum up the video, Jon constantly gets angry about what his cat's doing in the house, including kicking Odie off a table and eating everything in the house just to name a few. The video has to be seen to be believed. Here it is.
Eventually, it spawned a whole series of videos (not made by Pilot), keeping the same style. One such series even has its own article.
i ate those tropes
- Angry Fist-Shake: Jon angrily shakes his fist when telling Garfielf to not kick Odie.
- Big Eater: Garfielf appears to eat everything in the goddamn house. Jon gets mad at him for this.
- Cats Are Lazy: Jon repeatedly insults Garfielf for his laziness, and Garfielf himself does little to contest the notion, constantly lazing around the house and gorging himself on food when he isn't kicking Odie off the table.
- Cats Are Mean: Garfielf is a mean-spirited cat, to nobody's surprise.
- Deconstructive Parody: At least among examples that truly went viral, Garfielf was one of the earliest instances of a Garfield parody that deliberately points out how shallow the comic actually is, with its comedy almost entirely relying on the eponymous cat making the life of his owner miserable.
- It's What I Do: When Jon gets mad at Garfielf for being "so big and fat", Garfielf defends himself by saying "I eat, Jon. it's what I do"
- Kick the Dog: Odie is on the receiving end of a literal example of this trope, courtesy of Garfielf as he kicked him.
- Ring-Ring-CRUNCH!: Garfielf crushes an alarm clock when it wakes him up.
- Running Gag: Throughout the entire video, Jon does nothing but gets mad at Garfielf. Played as an element of Deconstructive Parody.
- Say My Name: Jon angrily shouts Garfielf's name after the latter sends Odie "into orbit".
- Stylistic Suck: As seen in the above image. Blatant misspellings and still images of crude drawings are used for laughs.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: The voices are provided by Voiceforge; Garfielf is the Wiseguy voice, and Jon is the Jerkface voice.
- Take That!: Its intentional poor quality is juxtaposed quite hilariously against its faithful adherence to the source material. It is unlikely PilotRedSun has a high opinion of Garfield.
- You Are Fat: Jon repeatedly points out, in quite the hostile tone, that Garfielf is big and fat.