I gotta have a good page
Garfielf is a video by PilotRedSun. As you can tell by the picture on the right, it's a very... strange parody of Garfield, to say the least. To sum up the video, Jon constantly gets angry about what his cat's doing in the house, including kicking Odie off a table and eating everything in the house just to name a few. The video has to be seen to be believed. Here it is.
Eventually, it spawned a whole series of videos (not made by Pilot), keeping the same style. One such series even has its own article.
i ate those tropes about the original
- Angry Fist-Shake: Jon does this when telling Garfielf to not kick Odie.
- Big Eater: Garfielf appears to eat everything in the goddamn house. Jon gets mad at him for this.
- Cats Are Lazy: Garfielf, which Jon calls him out on.
- Cats Are Mean: Garfielf, to nobodys surprise.
- Deranged Animation: In the loosest term of animation.
- Kick the Dog: Odie is on the receiving end of a literal example of this trope, courtesy of Garfielf.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Garfielf eating all the Hamburger Helper is the last straw for Jon.
- Ring... Ring... CRUNCH: Garfielf does this to an alarm clock when it wakes him up.
- Running Gag: Jon getting mad at Garfielf.
- Spiritual Successor: To Cboyardee's equally strange and crude (but arguably darker) Dilbert videos.
- Stylistic Suck: As seen in the above image. Blatant misspellings and still images of crude drawings are used for laughs.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: The voices are provided by Voiceforge; Garfielf is the Wiseguy voice, and Jon is the Jerkface voice.
- Take That!: Its intentional poor quality is juxtaposed quite hilariously against its faithful adherence to the source material. There is no way its creator has a high opinion of Garfield.
- Widget Series: An intentionally strange and poor-quality video whose purpose is best understood by other YouTubers.
i ate those tropes about fanvids
- Adaptational Badass: Everyone in the series Fist of the borf star.
- All-CGI Cartoon: DonGlitchy's series, beginning with Garfielf mass orders Lasaga.
- All-Loving Hero: Jon in Fist of the borf star. While Wade is acting as his prison warden, Jon protects Wade from a falling block that could have killed Wade. Wade later repays this kidness by helping Jon escape. "Not everyone is evil, Naermo. Some are just misguide."
- Apocalypse How: "garfielf becomes god and vores the universe", as the title suggests, appears to be a Class X-4.
- Art Shift: The videos tend to keep the original art style, but with a few tweaks to it.
- Animesque: Most of Fist of the borf star.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In this video.Garfielf: What in heavens is this place? It doesnt look crudely drawn enough ahahahaha forth wall is down.
- Continuity Nod: The videos by DonGlitchy (Don Geyer) are full of this:
- This episode has Jon stating what happened the past couple episodes.
- The opening to this episode has Garfielf explain what happened in the episode prior.
- Garfielf enters Minceraft has Garfielf exploding... and Jon referencing what Garfielf did before.
- The Garfielf Game that DonGlitchy made also has lines of dialouge that tie it in with his Garfielf videos.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: When Garfielf "frarks" with the space time continuum, Jon sends him on a weekend at the farm.
- Darker and Edgier: Stylistic Suck aside, the original video sticks true to what would happen in regular Garfield. A lot of the resulting videos are, to varying degrees, either surreal, shocking, demented, unhinged, or a combination.
- Deity of Human Origin: The main plot of "garfielf becomes god and vores the universe."
- Jump Scare / Sensory Abuse: Used occasionally with the videos. This video is a perfect example.
- Malicious Misnaming: See Running Gag below.
- Running Gag: Giving misspelled names to mess around with the computer generated voices. Examples include lasaga, lagner, lasaganag, lasvegas, Garfigled, Garffibromyalgia, Garfal-Qaeda, Garfungus, Garflaggot, Garf-fil-a, GarFredFigglehorn, garfeces, garFLStudio, John Arcuckle, johnathritis, Jungus, Johanne, Johnny Pump, Jon Arbmukbang, the list keeps going...
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: In Garfielf plays Sploon, Jon asks if the titular game has any breasts in it. For some reason, this causes Garfielf to suffer a brief PTSD-like flashback, consisting of a single picture of a sexualized octoling and stock war sound effects.Garfielf:No.
- Shout-Out: To the Garfield movie in this video.
Jon: Why did you suddenly change into Scotty from Ster Trak... oh well we'd better skedaddle the hell outta here!Garfielf: Allons-y!
- Also to Star Trek:
- They Killed Kenny Again: Garfield, Jon, and or Odie often die by the end of each video, usually by each others hands.