Due to his ongoing battle with testicular cancer that required he have both his testicles surgically removed, Furious Pete has put his competitive eating on hiatus since January 2019 and shifted attention to simply showing tours of restaurants and unique combinations or sizes of food or his ongoing battles against his testicular cancer.
Furious Pete provides examples of:
- And a Diet Coke: In the "Whataburger" taste test, he orders multiple burgers plus fries and still asks for Diet Coke.
- Balloon Belly: He'll show it off to the viewer at times.
- Big Eater: Thanks to his muscular build and slow metabolism.
- Christmas Episode: For Christmas 2017, he took on the Santa Challenge to eat 100 cookies with 60 ounces of milk.
- Deep-Fried Whatever: He pulls out macaroni and cheese, coats them with blended Cheetos then deep fries them.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: He usually wins every eating challenge.
- Fun T-Shirt: Has his own merchandise promoting them.
- Meat Versus Veggies: Pete promotes criticism of PETA and expresses his love for meat.
- Nutritional Nightmare: Pete's challenges have lots of calories, salt, grease, sugar, lactose, meat and dairy in very huge quantities. Though he works out a lot and gains lots of muscle, so his body can burn those meals off coupled with intense workout off-camera.
- Obsessed with Food: Pete, of course. Ironically, he suffered from anorexia back in his youth.
- Overcomplicated Menu Order: His menu orders can go on for multiple minutes. The funniest instance was after he finished his order, the drive-thru girl asked, "Will that be all?"
- Real Men Eat Meat: Pete is a staunch critic of PETA and vegetarianism in general, protesting that humans biologically need to eat meat.
- Thanksgiving Episode: Just about every episode.