Find Makarov is a series of Web Original Fan Films based on the Modern Warfare series and notable for very high quality acting and special effects. Details Captain Price and "Soap" MacTavish's quest to eliminate the decoy Big Bad of the second game (and actual of the third), Vladimir Makarov.
So far, two films have been released:
- Find Makarov is largely a live-action retelling of the MW2 ending, followed by a teaser of Price and Soap paradropping in Moscow during the US invasion of Russia.
- Operation Kingfish is an Interquel between two first games, made with Activision's blessing, that tells of the eponymous assassination attempt on Makarov gone bad. Shows how Price was captured by the Russians.
The films themselves, the second in particular, aren't entirely canon note but they're still fun. Operation Kingfish however, is constantly referenced throughout the third Modern Warfare game, meaning the operation still happened in the game proper.
Tropes found in this series include:
- Brave Scot: Soap.
- Call-Forward: Soap putting the knife into Makarov's eye at the end of Kingfish. It's where he hits Shepherd with a similar knife late in Modern Warfare 2.
- The situations of Price and Sandman during the exfiltration. In Modern Warfare 3, it's Sandman who covers the retreating Price, while here, it's Price doing the covering for Sandman's group.
- Death from Above: Spectre.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Sandman and Frost, two of the main characters in the Delta Force campaign of 3, appear as supporting characters in Operation Kingfish.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Both videos are about Task Force 141 attempting to find and kill the titular Ultranationalist leader.
- The Faceless: Ghost and Roach. Frost as well, since his face is mostly obscured by the Ghillie suit he wears, as well as being obscured by his helmet and goggles.
- Foregone Conclusion: If you've played Modern Warfare 2 and 3, you already know how Find Makarov and especially Op. Kingfish will end. Doesn't mean they are not worth watching, though.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Price elects to stay behind to cover the evacuation of the rest of Task Force 141 and Delta Force. Unfortunately, he's wounded and captured by the Ultranationalists.
- Interquel: Operation Kingfish, which is referenced throughout Modern Warfare 3. It shows how Price ended up in the gulag.
- The Voiceless: Much like in Modern Warfare 3, Frost does not utter a single word.
- Too Dumb to Live: Frankly, the AC-130 in Operation Kingfish deserved to be shot down for flying that low near enemies armed with MANPADs and RPG-7s. Idiots.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Price in Kingfish.