Ever since The Sims 2, there's been a genre of videos that use Sims games to tell a story. Many of these deal with harsh and mature topics but have little-to-no subtly in their approach. EVERY SIMS MACHINIMA EVER (Parody) pokes fun at these melodramatic type of videos.
The video stars a girl named "Ella". She's an average middle schooler with an average life. Well, except for the part where her abusive mother turned to alcohol and camming after the tragic death of her husband three years ago. Other than that, Ella has a perfectly average life. This all changes as Ella ages: her best friend backstabs her, her First Love moves away with his parents, etc. More and more drama seems to follow Ella as she grows into a teenager.
EVERY SIMS MACHINIMA EVER (Parody) provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Parodied. Ella's mother being abusive is mainly an Informed Attribute. The worse she's seen doing is insulting her twice by calling her "useless" and sending her to her room. She could be emotionally abusive (and a comedically exaggerated one at that), but the plot-point is quickly pushed under the rug.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Sims machinima stories. It pokes fun at the teen drama-esque plots and melodrama of them.
- Cam Whore: Downplayed with Ella's mother after her husband dies. She looks sexy while gaming so guys on Twitch will donate money.
- Crash-Into Hello: Brandon and Ella reunite after years apart at a party by bumping into each other.
- Disappeared Dad: Ella's father died three years prior to the story. He was just standing in the middle of a road when a car crashed into him.
- Downer Ending: Ella ends up running away and then is shot by a jealous Madylyyne for having slept with her boyfriend. For reference, prior to that scene it wasn't even mentioned that she was dating Brandon.Ella: "And there I laid, cold and lifeless."Ella: "Because f*ck you and your happy endings."
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Brandon Peters is a light blond and the most attractive boy at his middle school.
- Informed Poverty: Played for Laughs when Ella goes on about how her parents lives in modest conditions, despite the luxurious 3-story house they live in.
- Machinima: It's a machinma using The Sims 4.
- Most Writers Are Adults: Ella and her friend Chloe use Instagram as middle schoolers and generally act more like teens.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Madylyyne catches Ella and Brandon having sex. She later shoots Ella.
- Older Than They Look: Even into Ella's late teens, her mother still looks like she's her sister.
- Ordinary High-School Student : Parodied. Ella describes herself as "your average kid with an average life", yet her life is anything but average.
- Preppy Name: Madylyyne's name counts as the My Nayme Is variant.
- Satellite Love Interest: Lampshaded when Ella mentions that her "only personality trait is boy crazy". Brandon Peters, the object of her affections, only exists to be a love interest.
- Shout-Out: Ella's name counts as one to Cinderella.
- Single-Target Sexuality: The only person Ella ever seems to take notice to is Brandon.
- Struggling Single Mother:
- Ella's mother looks sexy while gaming on Twitch to get men to give her money.
- Defied with Ella as she's shot before she can give birth.
- Teen Pregnancy: Ella and Brandon have sex once at a party. Ella ends up pregnant afterwards.Ella: "Yes, we had sex. And yes, I got pregnant."Ella: "You really thought you'd escape the inevitable teen pregnancy part?"
- The Runaway: After becoming pregnant, Ella decides to run off. This coincides with the creator deciding to do a Genre Shift into a "runaway teen" story.
- Timeskip: There's a five year timeskip from middle school to high school.
- Vocal Dissonance: Brandon has a low voice for a middle schooler.