Video game reviewer and streamer who debuted on January 2, 2017.
Her main page on YouTube can be viewed here. She also has an additional site for archiving her streams here.
Tropes found in Erin Plays
- Accidental Misnaming: In her video of the Donald Duck game Quack Shot, she keeps saying the character's name "Gyro" as "hero", like the Greek dish. The character's name though is pronounced like it's spelled.
- All There in the Manual: While playing "Bible Buffet", she clears up a misconception that the quiz questions are in the instruction manual. Erin actually has the instruction manual and shows that it does not include the quiz questions. She then explains that a separate booklet was released containing the quiz information, but unfortunately she doesn't own that booklet, meaning she still has to blindly guess the answers.
- Awesome, but Impractical: In her review of the NES Felix The Cat game, she briefly mentions how the tank power-up looks cool, but because it shoots projectiles at an arc, it makes it difficult to shoot at enemies.
- Berserk Button: Games where the Start button is not used to pause the game rattles her a bit.
- Big "NO!": In her first video, Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, she is close to the goal during the racing portion, but time runs out before she can reach it. She emits this reaction.
- Brown Note: While playing the NES Barbie game, Erin gets unnerved by some of the level endings which feature a red screen, and a foreboding musical cue. Erin jokes that it's signaling that Barbie must be going to Hell, even though they're just signals for the end of the stage. Ironically, the game's more infamous brown note (the jellyfish who pursues Barbie in the underwater stage) didn't seem to to bother her at all.
- The Cameo: Mike Matei occasionally turns up during her live streams while taking a break from his own. Often he just chats with her briefly, or comes in just to complain about whatever game he's playing. He also can occasionally be heard yelling profanities from the other room.
Erin: "Sounds like Mike's having a good time."
- Carnivore Confusion: In her Quack Shot video, she briefly brings up how odd it is that eating roast turkey restores Donald Duck's health. May double as Furry Confusion as well.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: In her review of Felix The Cat, she points out how in any game that has flying-based levels, one could just fly past the top of the screen and bypass the entire level. It may be helpful, but you also miss out on power-ups and 1-Ups, which you will definitely need for later levels.
- Failed a Spot Check: Before starting the bonus level "The Impossible? Maze" from Yoshi's Island, Erin is reading comments from viewers and misses the level's title. As soon as the level begins, what's the first thing out of Erin's mouth?
"I hope this isn't a crazy maze."
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Happens briefly in her first video focusing on the NES Batman game.
- Meganekko: Her glasses are a big part of her image.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: In her third video she discusses her favorite food-themed video games... and Burger Fight.
- Recurring Character: Elmo from Sesame Street played by Mike Matei.
- Something Completely Different: Usually video games are the focus, but occasionally she's done videos focusing on anything nostalgic, such as "Lunchables" or Zoobooks.
- Tempting Fate: During her playthrough of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, when Poochy first appears, Erin comes to the character's defense, due to hearing of other gamers complaining about him. However, Erin ends up eating her words while playing the bonus level "Poochy Ain't Stupid", and realizing what a Scrappy Mechanic Poochy is.
- That Came Out Wrong: While fighting one of the bosses in the Batman NES game:
"See, he gets on top of you, and it drives me crazy! (Beat) That sounded bad."
- Verbal Tic: Tends to exclaim, "Boing!" whenever a video game character leaps off of some bouncy platform. Also getting hit unexpectedly by an enemy causes her to emit a yelp, followed by "Fucker!"