These are fanmade parodies of Epic Rap Battles of History. Starting in December of 2012, they have gained surprising popularity with thousands of subscribers, with videos of originally poor quality becoming much better over time due to the addition of new crew members, extra special effects and equipment, and more. They're among the most well-known Epic Rap Battles series'.
Created by Nathan Provost and Justin Michael Buckner. The most popular rappers on the series are Justin, Nathan, Zander Kanack (commonly known as WoodenHornets), Froggy, Matteo Adonis (commonly known as Mat4yo), and Matthew Thomas (commonly known as SuperThingsOnCups)
You can find their channel here.
Epic Rap Battle Parodies provides examples of the following tropes:
- Ascended Extra:
- LazySundayPaper's first role in the series was as a zombie in the background of The Merchant. He later became one of the most popular guest rappers.
- Froggy similarly had his first couple roles as cameos, and then doing body acting for someone else's vocals, before he became a frequent guest rapper.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Frequently referenced, such as when Dovahkiin says he showed Zelda his "Biggoron Sword".
- Boastful Rap: It may be a parody but these rappers still talk big about themselves.
- In Steve VS Joe, Joe was clearly not supposed to win.
- Neither was Jack the Ripper, but at least he put up a fight.
- Ever since Dakota Wilson got fired, the community LOVES to make fun of him.
- Clean Cut: Link disposes of Dovahkiin, after freezing him. by cutting his frozen form.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Many raps are one-sided in the result of their battle. Sometimes deliberately, such as Steve VS Joe. Sometimes unintentionally, such as Jack the Ripper VS Jeff the Killer.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Jeff the Killer. White face? Check. Black hair? Check. Carries a knife and kills people in their sleep? Check.
- Flipping the Bird: Frequently in the background of various battles, or in the foreground, such as with Tom Sawyer's "I DON'T GIVE A HUCK" line.
- Jaw Drop: Vault Boy does this during Cole Phelps' second verse in their rematch.
- Monochrome Past: Adrian Monk transitions into this during his second verse, referencing the "Here's what happened" portions of his home series.
- Pædo Hunt: If a character is associated with children on any level, they will almost definitely be called a pedophile in this series. Even Jeff the Killer, who himself is a child.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Some battles are set up to look like this, but then the sensitive guy will often prove to be manly as well.
- The Voiceless: Defied with Link, who's normally infamous for it. It's a given, considering that he raps.
- Uncle Sam Wants You: Uncle Sam was in a battle (against Captain America) and this happened.
- Uncle Sam: I WANT YOU! TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!
- You Are Fat: Many insults dissed out towards Justin Buckner and Andy Milonakis are about their weight.