Inspired by Mystery Science Theater 3000 and shows like it, D-Pad + Chill is a live reaction commentary series created by Rick Desilets that features him and various members of The D-Pad watching and commenting on various TV series, cartoons, and movies. Originally devised as a way to include the various Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons into The D Pad The Super Sonic Lets Play, it eventually began to branch out to showcase works outside the franchise as well. The first video was released on September 10, 2016.
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (Episodes 1-22)
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie
- DuckTales (2017) (Episode 1)
- Mega Man: Fully Charged
Provides examples of:
- Running Gag: Singing over the cartoon's own Title Theme Tune with that of another show from around the same time period. See Shout-Out below.
- Shout-Out: Each Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog video begins with Rick singing a different live-action or cartoon sitcom Title Theme Tune.
- Sitcoms featured so far include The A-Team, Boy Meets World, Cheers, Clone High, Diff'rent Strokes, Doug, The Drew Carey Show, The Facts of Life, Family Guy, Family Matters, Friends, Full House, Futurama, The Greatest American Hero, Hey Arnold!, How I Met Your Mother, Saved by the Bell, The Simpsons, Step by Step.
- A notable exception to this list is Episode 4's rendition of "Toot Toot Sonic Warrior", the theme to the American release of Sonic CD.
- The Scrappy:
- Rick and John don't really like Mega-Mini in Mega Man: Fully Charged, generally due to being annoying and doing nothing for the plot.
- In the first seven episodes of Mega Man: Fully Charged, Rick and John try and be fair to the series, but once they get to "Hard Times in Silicon City", Peter Punkowski is introduced, with the two immediately disliking him, due to how gross and unlikable he is. They even unanimously agree that it's probably the lowest point for the series thus far.
- Title Theme Tune: Rick and John struggle to get past Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog's theme song actually appearing as part of the story to the episode "Sonic's Song".