CookP1's Season Reviews is a comedy webseries created by Chris Cook, based around reviewing old Formula 1 races from days gone by. The series's main influences vary from RedLetterMedia to The Nostalgia Critic.
These tropes will blow up like a sack of potatoes blowing up:
- Alter-Ego Acting: Chris is a type 3. The character's opinions reflect Cook's, but very exaggerated for comedic effect.
- Berserk Button:
- FUCKING BACKMARKERS!!
- KI- *clap* -MI *clap* RAIKKONEN
- Call-Back: Chris references past episodes of the series often.
- Call-Forward: He also references current events in F1, tying into something that happens during a past race.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The very early CookP1 episodes used to be much shorter in length than the recent ones, only giving a basic review of the race's highlights without going into too much detail.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Panic Mix" has a really cheery-sounding tune but the lyrics depict Chris suffering an existential crisis.
- Motor Mouth: Chris speaks very fast at times, especially at the start of races.
- Running Gag:
- Something blowing up like a sack of potatoes blowing up.
- Chris getting irate at backmarkers.
- Special Guest: There have been many guests in the series, with notable ones being Andre Harrison of the Motorsport101 podcast and Matt from Mystery Science Theater F1.
- Spin-Off: F1 In a Nutshell and Ultimate Guide among them.