A man who insists on calling himself Sherlock, and who further insists on treating everyone he meets as if they come from Doyle's stories as well, particularly his long-suffering roommate. It would probably bother the police more if the cases he favored weren't the strangest, frequently non-crimes they come across.
This web series provides examples of:
- Flat "What": A typical reaction to one of Sherlock's pronouncements.
- Only Sane Man: Subverted and Played Straight. Watson often acts the part to Sherlock but as time goes on it becomes clear Watson has a different but equally skewed vision of reality. Played generally straight with Lestrade.
- Refuge in Audacity: Sherlock's typical method of questioning.
- Sherlock Scan: To be expected, although the conclusions the man in question comes to rarely seem obvious. Or sane.
- The Lestrade: Subverted and Played Straight. Lestrade is aware Sherlock views him this way and does his best to avoid it, but frequently can't help himself.
- The Watson: Subverted and Played Straight. Much as with Lestrade he is aware of being forced into the role, but unlike most of the other people Sherlock meets he actually seems to enjoy it.