Callum Leighton Airey, also known as "Calfreezy" or simply "Freezy" (and a whole plethora of Embarrassing Nicknames), is a British YouTuber known for his FIFA gameplay videos, usually with other FIFA YouTubers. He's also known for being a frequent affiliate of the Sidemen. He shares a London flat with Harry Lewis (wroetoshaw of the Sidemen) and Callum McGinley (Callux), and thus Freezy works with his flatmates frequently.
Since starting in 2010, Freezy has over 1.8 million subscribers on his main channel, and just over 165,000 subscribers on his secondary vlog channel, which hasn't gotten an update in five months.
He participated in 2015's Legends of Gaming competition alongside the likes of Harry and ComedyShortsGamer, and was revealed as the competition's seventh legend. You can see a playlist of Freezy's LOG videos here.
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: In "WORST DISCARD OF MY LIFE", he ends up playing RockPaperScissors with Tobi (TBJZL). If Cal loses, he has to discard a pack containing not only TOTS Pastore (goes for 80,000 to 130,000 coins on Xbox, and 95,000 to 160,000 on PlayStation) but Messi (goes for over 1 to 1.5 million on PlayStation and half to three-quarters of a million on Xbox). Cal loses both the "best 2 out of 3" game and the "try to win 3 times in a row" game, and has to discard the pack.
- Ascended Extra: It's been thrown up for plenty of speculation about whether or not Freezy (as well as Callux) will become a member of the Sidemen, considering how much the two Callums work with the group. For Freezy, this rumor has been intensified more due to his multiple appearances in the Sidemen's Cards Against Humanity sessions. Ultimately though, he's never become a member of the group and likely never will.
- Badass Beard: In his PUNNY PACK OPENING, Freezy stated that Antonio Nocerino's beard could impregnate women who looked at it.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: With him being the big guy (over six feet tall) and Harry being the little (or at least moderate size) guy.
- Blatant Lies: In his "deserted island" Q&A, someone asks if Cal's annoyed of being called Calsqueezy. It then cuts to Cal closer to the camera.Cal: No. Not at all. (gradually leans back) Not. One. Bit.
- Blue Oni: To Harry's red oni (or rather, the Frooby to Harry's Dinho), or almost anyone's red oni, really.
- Butt-Monkey: He's gone through a lot of forfeits/challenges on his channel, such as getting whipped-cream slapped, pinning a whole bag of clothespins to his face, and having to tweet a picture of himself wearing a penis hat. And let's not forget the Cal(insert word here) meme...
- Camera Abuse: At the start of YOUTUBERS BLINDFOLDED PENALTIES, Cal intentionally kicks a football at the tripod, knocking over the camera.
- Catchphrase: "Oh hey guys, and welcome to today's video! I hope you all are having a fantastic day!"
- Cool Car: He is the current owner of a Range Rover Evoque previously owned by Harry. Originally chrome then later a rewrapped in a gold tint, Freezy had it redesigned to now be a more stylish stain black.
- Embarrassing Nickname: There has been a meme going around the community of people calling Cal a number of things like Calsqueezy, Caltripod, Calfrozen, and Calpringles. Cal has since made a video asking people to stop.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The very end of his "THIS HAS TO STOP!" video, where he addresses the memetic wave of nicknames being made at his expense (formal top and all), shows Cal getting out of his chair and showing that under his waist, he's in nothing but boxer briefs.
- Hurricane of Puns: His PUNNY PACK OPENING. Kind of subverted, since Cal doesn't actually crack that many punny jokes, and the puns don't start flowing until halfway through the video.
- Not So Above It All: Is prone to partake in some of the Sidemen's crazy antics and enjoy himself while doing so.
- One Steve Limit: Callum shares a flat with another Callum.
- Only Sane Man/Straight Man: His commentary while gaming and making straight videos is extremely subdued, even when he gets excited. He often finds himself in such situations in real life, especially when living in the flat with Harry and the other Cal.
- Running Gag:
- His "looking like a horse", which is what a lot of haters enjoy targeting.
- People (including Joe Weller) really like substituting the "freezy" in his name for another word, usually "tripod". Cal's even made a video asking people to stop doing this.
- Freezy likes calling people "Pagans" as an insult.
- Skewed Priorities: According to his "deserted island" Q&A, he'd pick Vik (Vikkstar 123) over Ethan (Behzinga) to take on a deserted island just because Vik can recite the alphabet in lowercase, while Ethan actually exhibits legitimate good traits.
- Those Two Guys: With wroetoshaw, the two are known as Frooby (Cal) and Dinho (Harry).
- Thousand-Yard Stare: In his PUNNY PACK OPENING, Cal commented that he felt like Àngel Rangel was staring into his soul.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Has a very distinct accent that is an amalgamation of English, Vietnamese, Russian, Egyptian, and Scottish. No, really.