This is actually the second time that BlazingAzureCrow has made a Bleach abridged series, the first one being Bleach Soma Abridged which he first made way back in 2007 and ended in 2010. He tried reviving it in 2012 with a parody of Fade To Black but only one part was ever released and due to his old account being taken down, is now lost forever.
This show provides examples of:
- Adaptation Personality Change: Several.
- All-Powerful Bystander: Addressed when Yammy and Ulquiorra retreats to Hueco Mundo, knowing that Urahara and Yoruichi wouldn't follow as even they couldn't hope to defeat the entirely of Hueco Mundo single-handedly. Urahara disagrees with this assertion.
- Ambiguous Gender: Luppi is highly androgynous to begin with, but by way of conversation switches constantly between self-referring as either male or female.
- As You Know:
- Badass Boast:Ichigo: Let me tell you what happens when people hurt my friends, Yami. Civilizations are undone. Noble houses are crushed. Oaths and laws a thousand years old turn to dust and scatter in the wind. You destroyed my friends arm. I'm not going to talk to you. I'm going to destroy you.
- Battlecry: Parodied in Episode 7 by Ichigo and Renji grunting at each other for 10 straight seconds as the camera rolls around them.
- Also happens between Ichigo and Ganryu in Memories of Nobody movie.
- Buffy Speak:Ichigo: "Why do these things exist? That shouldn't be a thing. On a scale of a thing to nothing, that is a should-never-in-a-million-years-be-a-thing!"Mayuri: Science Division! Start sciencing!
Ukitake: Keep it down, Kiyone, I've got the thing.Sentaro: It's the thing!Kiyone: The thing?!Sentaro & Kiyone: The legendary thing!
- Or, this exchange from Episode 12:
Ukitake: I brought the thing!
Kyoraku: Let's betray everybody!
Ukitake & Kyoraku: Activate Thing!
[The Thing wipes out the Sokyoku fire chicken]
Ichigo: What the heck was that thing?
Ukitake: A thing, it kills chickens.
Ichigo: I like it.
- Brick Joke:
Kusaka: "Tell me, what would Soul Society do if they were to find a captain slain by Hyourinmaru so soon after Toshiro fled?
- The Diamond Dust Rebellion Movie:
Kyoraku: "They'd say how the heck did Hitsugaya manage to take down Kyoraku, and call shenanigans..."
Scout: "Captain Ukitake, Lieutenant Nanao. The damage to Kyoraku's body appears to have been dealt by Hyorinmaru, the Zanpakuto of Toshiro Hitsugaya.
- Later on at the hospital:
Ukitake: "How the heck did Toshiro manage to take down Kyoraku?"
Nanao: "I call shenanigans."
- Call-Forward: Getsuga Juujishou. Hollow Ichigo being the real Zangetsu. Ishida's debut makes reference to the final arc of Bleach. Ukitake mentions that there are things in his body that would frighten Mayuri. Ichigo promising to chase after Ishida or Chad if they started working with villains.
- Celebrity Impersonator: Aizen as Josh Groban.
- Changing of the Guard: This is what Orihime thinks when Ulquiorra and Yammy arrives and Ichigo is not there.
- Character Exaggeration: Tons of it.
- Yamamoto is a senile old man who loves burning things.
- Byakuya is so emotionless that even his grunts are in monotone.
- Chewing the Scenery:
- Christmas Episode: The Diamond Dust Rebellion Abridged
- Deadpan Snarker:Ulquiorra: I can tell this is going to be the most decorated mission of my career.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Yamamoto's speech patterns.Yamamoto: But rules are rules are rules and burning is the rule right now.
Renji: Yes, I got Bankai! You want Bankai, here's Bankai! Bankai!
Rukia: I, too, am also here as well!
- Derailed Train of Thought:Grimmjow: "I've been dreaming of this since I last saw you. The image of your twisted broken body laying bloody on the ground, your blade broken, your spirit crushed, your hair probably stained with a bit of dirt or something, maybe it's a little overcast but still nice out, with nice beams of light just barely breaking through the clouds, an ice cream truck in the background; I'm improvising at this point."
- Disproportionate Retribution: Parodied, in regards to Rukia's execution.
- Faux Affably Evil: Josh Groban
- Filler: Lampshaded, cut, and parodied. Every time.
- Filler Villain: Parodied with Ganryu who wants to be as interesting as a canon villain, but it really doesn't work.Ichigo: You're trying way too hard to be 3-dimensional.
- Film Noir: Parodied with Detective Rukia and Detective Renji in the Diamond Dust Rebellion Movie.
- Flat "What": Ichigo's recurring "Nani?"
- Flashback Cut: Parodied in Episode 10.Matsumoto: Captain?
Hitsugaya: Sshh, I'm having a flashback.
Matsumoto: (So this is what they look like from the outside.)
Hitaugaya: You might wanna reschedule lunch.
- For the Lulz: Canon Aizen screws with people because he's an evil prick. "Josh Groban" does it because he's bored and looking for ways to entertain himself. He hypnotized everyone in Soul Society to only hear incoherent mumbling whenever Tosen speaks and ordered each of the Espada to refer to him by a different nickname, in Ulquiorra's case "Lord Smash Master Groban".
- Gagging on Your Words: Ukitake's constant coughing.Ichigo: A-Are you okay?
Ukitake: No. Dying forever.
- Gilligan Cut:
- Good News, Bad News: Played with by Ganju, who provides an extended example when the gang makes it into Seireitei and he, along with Ichigo, encounter Ikkaku and Yumichika.Ganju: The good news is we're alive, the bad news is we got separated, the worst news is those guys, the funny news is that he's bald.
[Ikkaku's bald head sparkles]
- Gratuitous Japanese: Played with. Characters often repeat the names of their attacks in English and discuss which sounded better.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Addressed and parodied in the Memories of Nobody movie.Ichigo: Kisuke, get with this. Aizen doesn't matter this week.
- Implausible Deniability:Toshiro: Oh my God, it's Josh Groban, he's alive! [...] And he killed Momo!
Aizen: Oh, hey, what? How'd this dead body get here? That wasn't me.
- I Resemble That Remark!:Ukitake: "It's not like you can just invade Hueco Mundo on your own, beat all their soldiers, and save her, Ichigo."
Ukitake: "Ichigo no!"
- Lampshade Hanging:Kenpachi: [After Komamura unleases his Bankai] This is going to be the greatest fight ever; and totally off-screen!
- Orihime's entire character.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: One of the running jokes.Ichigo: Getsuga... oh wait, I don't know that name yet.
Chad: Magic Hat Man, why don't you use your considerable power to save Senna?Urahara: Oh look, a Jump Cut.
- Urahara in the Memories of Nobody Movie:
- "This battle is so intense. The animation; can't even handle it."
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again:
Apparition of Kariya: You skipped me!
- Ichigo and Byakuya after Ichigo's hollow transformation.
- The entire Bount Arc.
Ichigo: Maybe a little...
Apparition of Kariya: How much is a little?!
Ichigo: Only all of you; and we don't mention you; and we don't much care for you.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Logan Laidlaw, who single-handedly voices Ichigo, Byakuya, Urahara, Hitsugaya, Tessai, Chad, Mayuri, Ikkaku, and Kenpachi, and it works.
- Mood Whiplash: Ichigo starting to talk about how he can still remember Senna, then finishing the sentence by commenting on how Rukia's dress looks like an eggplant.
- Most Definitely Not a Villain: Aizen, before his "death", fits this trope to a T.Renji: Josh "the joke is that you're not Aizen" Groban, can I talk to you?Aizen: Yes, I'm not evil, what do you need?Renji: Josh Groban, I'm uncomfortable about Rukia's execution. You're a wise, traveled man, Josh Groban. What should I do?Aizen: Well, first of all, I'd start disobeying my captain, revolt and cause trouble, that's the first thing I'd do. Also, Gin's definitely up to something. Like, hardcore up to something. I'd pay attention to him and only him forever.Renji: You always know just what to say, Josh "could never hurt a fly 'cuz he's so nice" Groban.
- Musical Gag:
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: After the sixth spot in the Espada line-up is switched out for Luppi, no one will let Grimmjow forget it, continuously referring to the ensuing party as "the Espada... and Grimmjow". Uttered repeatedly in quick succession with variations by Grobin(Aizen) in a single scene, just to rub it in the poor guy's face.
- Nice Hat: Kisuke's, naturally, especially since Yoruichi is dating him because of itIchigo: I hate him so much! How did he hook up with a babe like you? It's the hat—Yoruichi: It's *all* the hat.Ichigo: It's a great hat...
- No, You: Several.Byakuya: Your world works in mysterious ways.Renji: Yeah, well your FACE works in mysterious ways!Byakuya: Oh wow, what a burn. Die.
- Official Couple:
- Ichigo and Rukia after the Soul Society Arc and during the Memories of Nobody movie. However, the two apparently broke up at some point and Ichigo ends up dating Orihime during The Diamond Dust Rebellion movie and onwards. Ichigo change in Love Interests seemly to be largely due Ichigo ending up with Orihime at the end of the canon manga.
- Kisuke and Yoruichi are also an item in the abridge. In episode 9, Yoruichi even flats out admits that she hooked up Kisuke because of his Nice Hat. Their "Reaper Girl" song (parody of "Barbie Girl"), only further cements their statues as a couple.
- Odd Name Out:Apparition of Byakuya: I am the Spirit of Battles Won, the Fear of Being Powerless in the Face of Danger.Apparition of Kariya: I am the Spirit of Battles Never Fought, the Fear of the Unknown.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Ichigo's brutally dry ones.Ichigo: Byakuya, I'm gonna fuck up your face.
- Running Gag:
- Renji's naming conventions.
- Tousen's incomprehensible mumbling. It's eventually revealed to be Aizen's illusion.Aizen: What a strangely well thought-out joke you're accusing me of playing.
- Zangetsu interrupting Hollow Ichigo every time before he could reveal his name.
- Ichigo being aware of the background music.
- Various characters referring to other characters as "adjective stupid".Ichigo: The heck are you, and the heck was that big stupid?Kariya: This is important to me, you orange stupid!Renji: (referring to Tousen) 'Cuz the blind stupid came outta nowhere and teleported me!
- Ikkaku constantly talking about the Academy.
- Sadist Teacher: Old Man Zangetsu
- Shoot the Bullet: Parodied when Urahara deflecting Yammy's blast with an equal blast somehow cancels out both blasts.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Subverted by Renji luring Aizen into a monologue so he could attack him. It doesn't work.
- The Tease: Yoruichi, towards everybody, despite being in a relationship with Kisuke. Their "Reaper Girl" song reveals that Kisuke isn't too happy about Yoruichi being this.
- Transformation Is a Free Action: Subverted by Grimmjow kicking Ichigo out of mask-summoning pose. It even stops the theme song.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Hollow Ichigo to Ichigo during his hollow training.Hollow Ichigo: You ever even considered how many times I've saved your life? I'm the one who scared off Grimmjow. You defeated Kenpachi after using a sudden burst of my spirit energy. And I've saved your life from the wounds given to you by both him, and Renji. Renji, Ichigo! Frankly, your track record consists entirely of no-names, and people you catch off-guard.
- Played for Laughs with his King and Horse speech, that he gets completely confused about halfway though it.
- Vocal Dissonance: Rangiku, a very female lieutenant with very large breasts has a Badass Baritone male voice actor.
- The Worf Effect: VERY heavily lampshaded by Urahara.Chad: Please train me, so that when the ancient ones invade again, I can assist and NOT run away like a tiny frightened child.
Urahara: Chad... have you ever heard of the Worf effect?
Chad: No, I have not.
Urahara: It's when a character is really strong, but always loses fights to show how strong a bad guy is.
Chad: I am confused. Why are we talking about Renji?
- And, speaking of Renji...
- You Need to Get Laid: Ichigo insinuates this about Suì-Fēng after arguing with her for most of Diamond Dust Rebellion. Given that she noticeably calms down when Yoruichi shows up, he might not be wrong.