Badman provides examples of:
- Absurd Phobia: After Scarecrow hits Batman with his trademark fear gas, we discover that the Caped Crusader's phobias include sleeveless T-shirts, Girl Scouts, baths, jingling keys, Double Dare, Invisalign braces, Roombas, and actor Christopher McDonald (who appears As Himself for a brief cameo).
- All Men Are Perverts:
- Pretty much the entire theme of the short "Batman Can't Stop Thinking About Sex".
- Also, in "Batman Says His Goodbyes", when the Caped Crusader uses his Heroic Sacrifice as leverage to make a pass at Catwoman.
- Born Lucky: Sometimes the reason Batman manages to take down his foes. The Riddler's bullets ricochet off of Batman's armor back into his own torso while Batman is completely off-guard.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite Batman being the epitome Idiot Hero, he still manages to defeat all of Gotham's most dangerous criminals. In fact, he's downright competent off-camera, until something distracts or confuses him.Two-Face: This is the guy that beat the Joker?
Gordon: Yeah, I don't know how he did it.
Batman I used my SKILLS, that I learned in the mountain!
- Clark Kenting:
- Batman makes fun of Superman for doing this, asking if he based his alter-ego off of Crutchy from the Newsies. Then when Commissioner Gordon removes his glasses to demonstrate how laughable Superman's alter ego is, Batman freaks out, no longer recognizing him.
- Two-Face seems to pull this off against Batman by accident, simply by turning his head.
- Inverted for Batman himself. While he wears a mask and speaks with a rasping voice, Gordon and Rachel figure out quickly that he's Bruce Wayne.
- Comically Missing the Point: The Batman tends to do this a lot.
- Perhaps the biggest example is the Bloodier and Gorier "Batman vs. the Penguin", where Commissioner Gordon unsuccessfully tries to make Batman realize that what he's doing is killing the Penguin and his minions in a parody of his one rule.
- Talia stabs Batman, and all he can think about is how they previously had sex.Talia: Do you understand what's happening right now? A bomb is about to blow up Gotham, and I've stabbed you.
Batman: I stabbed you first.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Penguin is just as disturbed by Batman's warped concept of death as Gordon is.Penguin: [to Gordon] Are you kidding me!? Are you kidding!? I'm the one you're after!?
- Insane Troll Logic:
- With the bomb's timer ticking, batman feels like he should get another kiss from Catwoman because "for a last kiss on earth, it was like a 7."
- A rare case for somebody other than Batman — Gordon pulls out a gun to threaten Batman for stalling, claiming that he'll blow Batman's brains out if he doesn't fly the bomb away.
- In "Batman vs. The Penguin", Batman concludes, after Gordon clarifies what he's doing is killing people, that if he goes to sleep, he dies.
- Batman also thinks his parents aren't dead — they're on a special, happy farm where they make buttermilk, romp, play, and send him emails from a hammock made of dreams.Batman: I don't understand what you find hard to believe about any of that. It's a very plausible situation. Old rich people go to farms.
- After his disappearing act fails and Gordon spots him huddling around a corner, Batman simply claims he "found some evidence".
- Batman thinks a 50-50 chance requires 50 coins, then 50 more, and his computer needs to analyze the results — with science.
- After working over the wrong clown in a detainment room, Batman claims he partly knew it wasn't the Joker but it was embarrassing to stop so he just kind of "owned it".Batman: I gave you beating not that you deserved, but the one you needed. Sorry champ. You want one of my telescopes?
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Parodied in "Batman Interrogation".
- No Object Permanence: Batman believes that Two-Face and Harvey Dent are two different people who disappear and reappear whenever Two-Face turns his head.
- Only Sane Man: Anyone to Batman, especially his enemies.
- Precision F-Strike:
- "Where were the other drugs going, fuckface?"
- Catwoman gets one in "Batman Says His Goodbyes" when Batman gropes her. "Are you fucking kidding me?"
- Released to Elsewhere: This version of Batman doesn't seem to comprehend that people can die if you attack them with lethal force, and think they just fall asleep or go to a farm when they do so. Commissioner Gordon's attempt to explain how it actually works doesn't help to clear up his confusion.Batman: You're saying... If I go to sleep... I die!
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Batman guesses incorrectly that the answer to the Riddler's riddle ("If you aim to give us a shot, we'll riddle you.") is "helicopter". When he fails to guess several more times (despite the answer being telegraphed to him by the Riddler and Rachel), he calls up Lucius Fox to help him, who asks if the answer is "helicopter".
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Parodied to the point of gross-out humor in "Batman vs. the Penguin". Batman thinks he adheres to this rule and the henchman he kills are asleep... which he states after taking a look at one that has a Batarang in his face.
- Too Dumb to Live:
- In "Batman Meets Two-Face", Batman is seemingly unable to understand the concept that Harvey Dent and Two-Face are the same person despite standing right in front of him.
- In "Batman Meets the Riddler," the Riddler offers a challenge: "If you aim to give us a shot, we'll riddle you. What are we?" Batman can't figure it out, despite Riddler — and Rachel, who he's taken hostage — repeatedly giving him incredible obvious hints.Lucius: Batman... what's going on?
Batman Yeah, call it off. I'm pretty sure it was helicopter. The guy just didn't want to admit I got it so fast.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: An extreme example, to say Batman has irrational fears is an understatement. He's terrified of Girl Scouts, sleeveless T-shirts, Roomba, ukuleles, fluorescent light bulbs, jingling keys, ATMs, intimacy, Christopher McDonald, the Double Dare TV show, Invisalign braces, a bag of Sun Chips, Babe Ruth's tiny legs, and baths.