Avatar: The Last Puppet Bender is a series of parody videos based off of the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's a series of short, comedic skits done using puppets.
Korra puppets were featured on a "Behind The Scenes" skit on The Legend of Korra's Book 1 Blu-Ray release.
Avatar: The Last Puppet Bender provides examples of:
- Jive Turkey: In Hot Air, Aang can't hear Zuko well on Appa due to all the wind. He thinks that Zuko called him "brotha", which causes Sokka to scoff that Zuko's talking in jive.
- Parody Product Placement: Aang and Sokka accidentally end up doing product placement for the first licensed game in Hot Air.
- Spiritual Successor: The original short is a Avatar the Last Airbender version of Potter Puppet Pals.
- Take That!:
- Your Mother: Subverted. Zuko can't hear Sokka that well due to the wind, so he mistakes "'Fine tune' what, you nutter?" as "(...) your mother!".
- Who Writes This Crap?!: At the end of Hot Air, when Sokka and Aang suddenly break out singing "Apologize" by OneRepublic, Zuko turns to the audience and groans "Who wrote this junk?"